Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dustin

Season opener likely to be Ravens @ Broncos

32 posts in this topic

"The Denver Post, citing sources, reported there is a strong possibility the Ravens will open the upcoming season against Peyton Manning and the Broncos in Denver."

A good match up to start the season off with. I don't really see a real setback for the SB Champions. Other than fans remaining silent when the offense has the ball & generating serious noise when their opponent is on the field, I think home field advantage is overrated except if your squad wins the top seed in the Playoffs along with a bye week.  

1 person likes this

"The Denver Post, citing sources, reported there is a strong possibility the Ravens will open the upcoming season against Peyton Manning and the Broncos in Denver."

A good match up to start the season off with. I don't really see a real setback for the SB Champions. Other than fans remaining silent when the offense has the ball & generating serious noise when their opponent is on the field, I think home field advantage is overrated except if your squad wins the top seed in the Playoffs along with a bye week.

And your safety isn't Rahim Moore.

3 people like this

I like the game, but not the location. Of course, the NFL wouldn't move this Thursday night game to Wednesday, to reward the Super Bowl Champions. Baltimore is screwed once again!!

2 people like this

Ravens @ Broncos again, eh? I wonder if the Ravens are hoping for a repeat haha

I like the game, but not the location. Of course, the NFL wouldn't move this Thursday night game to Wednesday, to reward the Super Bowl Champions. Baltimore is screwed once again!!

The SB CHAMPIONS got screwed...??  :scratch:

I though for sure it was going to be Baltimore @ New England.

I blame the Orioles

Not the Orioles fault as hopefully they will be in the pennant race when this game is played. It is a bummer when you win the Super Bowl, and don't get a home opener. However, Baltimore fans are used to getting a cold fish in the face from the NFL. They got it during the Colts years, and it continues during the Raven's years. No respect !

I think home field advantage is overrated except if your squad wins the top seed in the Playoffs along with a bye week.  

Tell that to the Texans ;)

2 people like this

Tell that to the Texans ;)

You still have to win post season games no matter where your team is seeded in the Playoffs. Just ask Bill Cowher & the 2005 Steelers or the 2012 Ravens for that matter.  

the game should be in baltimore :facepalm:

Tradition wise & NFL history wise you are 100% correct SD. The Ravens as SB Champions do deserve the right to play this game at home. But, then again, life isn't fair. I am not worth billions of dollars financially & I don't have a beautiful red headed woman to call my wife either. So, I don't feel that bad for John Harbaugh & the Ravens. We all must simply deal with the hand we have dealt in life & move on. The Ravens will adjust & adapt just fine.

If this is true...its very good for Denver....

I think you always want to play the team that eliminated you and Baltimore will be much better later in the upcoming season...

With Wes Welker and a bulked up O-line.....against a totally rebuilt Baltimore defense...in 70-degree weather?

This will go well for the Broncos....

Yeah, they did that for Obama's speech last year, so what gives this year?

Yeah, they did that for Obama's speech last year, so what gives this year?

They don't want to open on the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashanah.

Then they shouldn't play on Christmas or the opening day of Ramzan or Diwali either. :)

Then they shouldn't play on Christmas or the opening day of Ramzan or Diwali either. :)

Naturally, I respect all religious doctrines & observances, but sometimes it seems as though it is difficult to follow player beliefs & NFL broadcasting/game day obligations at the same time. Not always an easy undertaking is it? Finding a middle ground is often easier said than done FX & Chad.

All I wanna do is forbid Dallas from playing in the Thanksgiving Game...I guess I've just had my fill of the Cowboys playing in November from the John Madden/Pat Summerall TV booth days. haha  lmao  

Why can't the Colts play vs the Redskins for the Thanksgiving game? 2 young QB guns & 2 SB worthy franchises within the next few years? That would be a great November game IMO...

Hey, that reminds me the NFL schedule show is coming out soon. Sweet! I love it when the schedule show comes out. I hope we face Seattle this year too. Colts vs SeaHawks...A great SB matchup...

Yeah, I know it will probably be the Broncos vs the 49ers...Another cool SB matchup.  :rock:

Yeah, I know it will probably be the Broncos vs the 49ers...Another cool SB matchup.  :rock:

And your safety isn't Rahim Moore.

If that does happen, I agree 100% FX. I hope that Mr. Moore has learned to never let a WR get behind him. Keep everybody in front of you man. Please... haha Don't let me down twice man...

Hey, that reminds me the NFL schedule show is coming out soon. Sweet! I love it when the schedule show comes out. I hope we face Seattle this year too. Colts vs SeaHawks...A great SB matchup...

Yeah, I know it will probably be the Broncos vs the 49ers...Another cool SB matchup. :rock:

You will. The South is playing the NFC West this year, we get to play Seattle and San Fran...sounds like fun right haha
1 person likes this

You will. The South is playing the NFC West this year, we get to play Seattle and San Fran...sounds like fun right haha

Oh yeah, I'm giddy like a kid on Christmas morning now. Lets bring out the BIG guns & see what we are made of. Although, if Seattle gets to benefit from an illegal interception call that the zebras mess up against my Colts, I'm gonna be furious... :rant:  :flaming:

Thanks QuizBoy for cluing me in.  ;)

1 person likes this

Oh yeah, I'm giddy like a kid on Christmas morning now. Lets bring out the BIG guns & see what we are made of. Although, if Seattle gets to benefit from an illegal interception call that the zebras mess up against my Colts, I'm gonna be furious... :rant::flaming:

Thanks QuizBoy for cluing me in. ;)

Yep, no problem man. It's time to put our big boy pants on, those NW teams are no joke lol. And no more replacements, but we'll still have to assault Harvin and Tate all game haha

Why can't the Colts play vs the Redskins for the Thanksgiving game? 2 young QB guns & 2 SB worthy franchises within the next few years? That would be a great November game IMO...

Maybe next year. AFCS vs NFCE in 2014.

Yep, no problem man. It's time to put our big boy pants on, those NW teams are no joke lol. And no more replacements, but we'll still have to assault Harvin and Tate all game haha

JJ Watt is going have a field day applying constant pressure on Russell Wilson all game long QuizBoy. I can't wait to see that & Ed Reed will have 2 picks. I'm calling it now.

Funny, if Pete Carroll had gotten Peyton Manning under center in the Pacific Northwest, he would have never drafted UW-Madison graduate Russell Wilson. That's why the drama of the NFL is so AWESOME! 

JJ Watt is going have a field day applying constant pressure on Russell Wilson all game long QuizBoy. I can't wait to see that & Ed Reed will have 2 picks. I'm calling it now.

Funny, if Pete Carroll had gotten Peyton Manning under center in the Pacific Northwest, he would have never drafted UW-Madison graduate Russell Wilson. That's why the drama of the NFL is so AWESOME!

haha yeah hopefully Watt will be quick enough to stop Wilson when he gets out of the pocket too. Reed's experience facing 12 and Kaep is also a plus when it comes to game planning versus the young fast guys. And I can't even imagine PM in that Seahawks uniform...that would be stranger than the orange lol
1 person likes this

Maybe next year. AFCS vs NFCE in 2014.

Shoot..1 more year of watching the Cowboys on Thanksgiving again... :puke: Why does Roger Goodell not give the NFL fans what they really wanna see ASAP? Sigh...

Thanks Fx...I guess next year is better than never right? 

haha yeah hopefully Watt will be quick enough to stop Wilson when he gets out of the pocket too. Reed's experience facing 12 and Kaep is also a plus when it comes to game planning versus the young fast guys. And I can't even imagine PM in that Seahawks uniform...that would be stranger than the orange lol

Jesus, I forgot you guys have LB Brian Cushing back too...Darn, I love that kid's motor...The guy's a freaking STUD...Ed Reed the smartest & most instinctive safety in football...Not a young pup anymore, but wicked smart.

Peyton is Seattle colors? I agree too weird QuizBoy, but the orange crush look is growing on me man.  :D

peyton-manning-broncos.jpg

1 person likes this

Good Night FX & John Dee. You guys Rock Man! Peace out fellas...I really respect people who are smart, funny, & have superb concert & musical tastes.  :worthy:

Since I play this song before every Colts game to get the blood flowing & pump me up, here is "Your Betrayal" by Bullet For My Valentine in honor of our spectacular NFL season 12-4...Dream BIG right guys? ;)