Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts... Broncos 2013 Lucas Oil Stadium

DILLIGAFER

Peytons homecoming. I'm a Colts fan. :colts:  I'm a Manning fan.  :manning:  What a game it will be. I'll be cheering on both sides of the ball. 

Lets put up some predictions. Do you think LOS :lombardi:  will be quiet while Manning is on offense or be wild and crazy. Colts fans love Luck, but loved Manning for 13 years. What kind of reaction will Colts fans have when he comes running out of the visitors locker room tunnel? What will Jim Irsay do to welcome Peyton 'home'? 

I dont know about you guys, but I'll be there come heck or high water. Got to see this game at LOS. Last time I was at LOS I had the honor of meeting Peyton and him signing my jersey. That year we went 2-14....

What week to you suspect this coveted game will take place? Put your bets on the table ;)  :rulez:

Edited by 21isSuperman

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Colts play them early in the season before Peyton and the offense gets into any kind of rhythm. That would be our best shot, along with home court, to get a W in this.

Oh well, I am sure TY can burn Champ on a few post routes, right? ;)  But that is a big IF, IF Castanzo can keep Von Miller off Luck. Ultimately, that is what the game will come down to, our O-line vs their pass rush

I look forward to this game with great enthusiasm . Peyton Manning has always been my favorite QB he has meant more to the Colts in Indianapolis  than any other in history & for me me personally in all of football history :thmup: So what I'm a Homer what a shock .. Having said that as a Bronco I hope the defense nails him early & often & The home team fans need to make as much noise as possible . Cheer him when he comes out to start cheer him when the Donks lose but during that 60 minutes don't forget he's here to beat our COLTS . It would be a sad day to forget Andrew Luck & the Colts represent the City of Indianapolis not Peyton Manning , those ugly orange uni's only look good on prisoners . 

Peyton will no longer be able to take advantage of LOS's "Quiet offense at work" feature.

I hope he waves his arms to get the crowd to settle and it only gets louder.

Just from watching on TV, the loudest I ever remember LOS being for an entire game was against the Patriots in 2009. It got pretty loud in the second half against the Packers last year, too. I hope the home crowd gives Peyton a great welcome and ovation at the beginning of the game, and then becomes a nightmare for him for the rest of the game. I hope the Broncos line false starts a half dozen times.

Just from watching on TV, the loudest I ever remember LOS being for an entire game was against the Patriots in 2009. It got pretty loud in the second half against the Packers last year, too. I hope the home crowd gives Peyton a great welcome and ovation at the beginning of the game, and then becomes a nightmare for him for the rest of the game. I hope the Broncos line false starts a half dozen times.

I was at that 09 Pats game, and my ears were ringing the entire night.

I'll never forget exiting the stadium when a guy yelled out "And a big cheers for Bill for helping us win" and everyone yelled so loud lol.

But 100% agree with you, cheer him, then be merciless.

4th-and-2? ;)

Pssh the game? I can't wait to see the forum.

True that! The real show will happen right here, lol...

My take on the "returning hero," in any sport...

Cheer him when he's introduced. If the guy helped your team be a winner, pay your respects and applaud him.

When the game starts though, that player is now your opponent. No need to boo him every time he touches the ball, but if LOS is silent for Manning and the Broncos while they're on offense, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves!

Cheer him when he's introduced. If the guy helped your team be a winner, pay your respects and applaud him.

When the game starts though, that player is now your opponent. No need to boo him every time he touches the ball, but if LOS is silent for Manning and the Broncos while they're on offense, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves!

Exactly! Being silent is basically encouraging/helping the other team win. And no one should want to do that. Cheer pre-game, become an anarchist during the game. Behavior after the game? Depends on who wins.

The Patriots tend to bring out a very special brand of hate, lol...

Especially in LOS. And now that I think about it, that is the only Brady/Manning matchup in LOS. The only other time Brady has played in LOS was the Super Bowl.

That game had a lot of implications. It's ironic (or maybe the schedule makers did this on purpose) that the Colts broke the Patriots record of consecutive regular season wins in that game, especially doing so with a big comeback that was helped along by a questionable coaching decision. The Pats offense was really disjointed on that possession, using up two timeouts for four plays. Just a lot of interesting "goings-on" down the stretch in that game.

Especially in LOS. And now that I think about it, that is the only Brady/Manning matchup in LOS. The only other time Brady has played in LOS was the Super Bowl.

That game had a lot of implications. It's ironic (or maybe the schedule makers did this on purpose) that the Colts broke the Patriots record of consecutive regular season wins in that game, especially doing so with a big comeback that was helped along by a questionable coaching decision. The Pats offense was really disjointed on that possession, using up two timeouts for four plays. Just a lot of interesting "goings-on" down the stretch in that game.

Epic game for sure. I still think Faulk got a bad spot though, lol... ;)

Ran out of licks but agree, Cheer the man but be loud when hes trying to audible

Really? I mean, really?

This is one reason why I'm not looking forward to this game as much as most people (I have season tickets).

Why is this even a question? Why would we get quiet for Manning when he's on offense? He's not a Colt. He's on the other team. He's an opponent.

Any other game, sure I'll root for Manning no problem, but when he's facing the Colts (our TEAM) I honestly hope we destroy the Broncos and Manning.

Epic game for sure. I still think Faulk got a bad spot though, lol... ;)

He did. One of many games that year the Colts won by the hair if there butt

Edited by shecolt
skirting filter

Really? I mean, really?

This is one reason why I'm not looking forward to this game as much as most people (I have season tickets).

Why is this even a question? Why would we get quiet for Manning when he's on offense? He's not a Colt. He's on the other team. He's an opponent.

Any other game, sure I'll root for Manning no problem, but when he's facing the Colts (our TEAM) I honestly hope we destroy the Broncos and Manning.

really. ya, really. just getting a feel for others persepctives. no need to be ignorant about it. simmer down.

What really was ignorant was the question... Sorry.

Have a good rest of your day.

pot calling the kettle black dont you think. i didnt know you would react so harshly over something like asking others opinions on the up coming season. you'll have to excuse me for asking decent board members their opinions on the matter. so i guess you feel their opinions on the question are ignorant as well? after all, they replied without acting like heck had froze over.

thanks to those who replied genuinly. its always nice to view the up coming game from others perspectives.

Edited by Coltssouth
masked cursing

pot calling the kettle black dont you think. i didnt know you would react so harshly over something like asking others opinions on the up coming season. you'll have to excuse me for asking decent board members their opinions on the matter. so i guess you feel their opinions on the question are ignorant as well? after all, they replied without acting like he.ll had froze over.

thanks to those who replied genuinly. its always nice to view the up coming game from others perspectives.

Yes. If you plan on rooting for Peyton/Broncos while we're playing (not when he's introduced) and consider yourself a Colt fan.

PS, my last line in my post above was sincere.

Edited by Nadine
personal shot

I hope we win.  I am a huge Peyton fan, but I want the Colts to win.  And I want the crowd to make it as difficult as possible.  Get up and scream and yell and make all kinds of noise.  This guy is one of the greatest of all time.  Being quiet while he is out there is going to make his job too easy and is essentially giving them the win.

As much as I love Peyton, I do not want him or the Broncos to succeed. Ever. Now that I feel the Colts are in the top end of the AFC (top 3 could be argued), the Broncos are a hated team of mine as of now. To tell you the truth I won't even be thinking about all the good times with Manning. It's a new era. AND I want the win. That's all I'll be thinking about. 

Peytons homecoming. I'm a Colts fan. :colts:  I'm a Manning fan.  :manning:  What a game it will be. I'll be cheering on both sides of the ball. 

Lets put up some predictions. Do you think LOS :lombardi:  will be quiet while Manning is on offense or be wild and crazy. Colts fans love Luck, but loved Manning for 13 years. What kind of reaction will Colts fans have when he comes running out of the visitors locker room tunnel? What will Jim Irsay do to welcome Peyton 'home'? 

I dont know about you guys, but I'll be there come heck or high water. Got to see this game at LOS. Last time I was at LOS I had the honor of meeting Peyton and him signing my jersey. That year we went 2-14....

What week to you suspect this coveted game will take place? Put your bets on the table ;)  :rulez:

I've been thinking of this all day, and trying to figure out a response.  

It is no secret that I love Peyton.   When I watched his first game as a Bronco, and saw him take the field, in that new uniform, it  was extremely bittersweet.   I soon realized   I was  just  happy to see him back on the field, doing what he does so well,  and proving the naysayers wrong.

I really  want to be at the game when Peyton and the Broncos come to LOS.   I know this will also be another bittersweet moment,  to see him take the field as a Bronco, in the Stadium and City that was home to him for many years.  

I equate this to watching my two sons playing on opposite teams against each other, and  me sitting in the stands and cheering on the Offense, on both sides.   I'm sure that is what I'll do,   if I'm being totally honest.   :dunno:

crowd will cheer when manning takes the field.  There will be a video tribute

otherwise, it will be business as usual

It'll be interesting to see how we do against the broncos

I bet it will be bitter sweet for him as well as fans.

I sure hope he retires as a colt like jeff saturday did

it will be the hottest ticket of the season.  Sure hope we don't open with it

I am betting there will be a lot of orange Manning jerseys at that game. I saw plenty at the Colts/Jags game last season...granted that was early on when the Colts were still a question mark and before #Chuckstrong, but you can bet those that were "Manning fans" will be out in force. I am talking about the people who switched allegiances when he was traded, not those of us who still love him but love the Colts more. Those types that are still bitter and post stupid comments on the IndyStar comment sections about how much better we would be right now if Manning were still here....that aside, I think it will be a hell of a game. I hope he gets a loud ovation upon introduction, and maybe a nice video montage (the trend for returning long time Colts that moved on), but it won't be quiet for him on offense. I do think there will be enough bandwagon Denver fans to make it louder than normal for Luck and the offense though, however I hope that isn't the case

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2013 - ??
Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2013 - ??

I've been thinking of this all day, and trying to figure out a response.  

It is no secret that I love Peyton.   When I watched his first game as a Bronco, and saw him take the field, in that new uniform, it  was extremely bittersweet.   I soon realized   I was  just  happy to see him back on the field, doing what he does so well,  and proving the naysayers wrong.

I really  want to be at the game when Peyton and the Broncos come to LOS.   I know this will also be another bittersweet moment,  to see him take the field as a Bronco, in the Stadium and City that was home to him for many years.  

I equate this to watching my two sons playing on opposite teams against each other, and  me sitting in the stands and cheering on the Offense, on both sides.   I'm sure that is what I'll do,   if I'm being totally honest.   :dunno:

It would be nice to be there to hear Peyton's introduction at the start of the game, but frankly I'm not sure that I want to watch the game itself at all. Not as bad as the prospects of a playoff game like last year, but still excruciating. I'm scratching my head about what is so "coveted" about the prospect of a game where, regardless of the outcome, I know that I'm going to end up feeling the sting of a loss. And the thought of what the forums will be like is just disturbing. No good will come from this (darn rotating schedule)!