Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fa Wire Pickup Thread

FairleySuhper

we think thomas jones? or dexter mccluster will get more carries to replace jamaal charles??

Thomas Jones will get more carries, Dexter McCluster will be the change of pace back but he has more potential to make big plays so he's a boom-or-bust player.

As for the rest of the FA wire, I dropped Roy Williams and Lee Evans since both are injured and non-effective and picked up Nate Burleson and Deverey Henderson, and I also snagged Deion Branch last week, and for some reason someone dropped Sam Bradford so I decided to pick him up.

I'm keeping a close eye on Scott Chandler, I think he could have a huge season. I'm not sure he can keep up with his current place, but he might be a top 10 TE this year.

I picked up Mike Tolbert, but a lot of people think Ryan Mathews will have a big game. What do you think, FS?

Well, if Tolbert was available, you must be playing in a small league. I still think Tolbert is viable even though Matthews has been doing better. You also have to look at the fact that Sproles is no longer there so I think that helps Tolbert's value over the long haul. But, whether or not you should be playing him this week depends on your roster (which I have obviously not seen).

Hidden

Picked up Montario Hardesty for this week and he got me 7 points in place of my starter, Peyton Hillis. Gonna waive Chad Ochocinco if he doesn't get me more than 3 points next week.

warning, beware of owner of this board. she claims to love Jesus but if you mention him she will give your * the boot out of this forum, she stripped my account. type in google, the man Jesus entered into like a body my perfect size, God is inside me, God came in me like me floating into you or you into me,

RB Stevan Ridley of New England might not be a bad pickup for deeper leagues. He got some carries last week and quite frankly, Ben Jarvus really isn't anything special. New England didn't draft those two Rb's they have so they could sit on the bench, so, I expect them to be deployed sooner rather than later.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey fellas, I have this diluted league with only 8 teams. I have 2 TEs on my roster - Jermichael Finley and Tony Gonzalez. I have Antonio Gates on waivers (goes back to just 8 teams), do I drop Gonzalez and pick up Gates now before he gets more healthy?

Thoughts???

Someone dropped Joesph Addai in my league, and the only back-up RB I have is Jackie Battle. Is dropping Nate Washington or Michael Crabtree worth it for Addai?

Not yet. Yes, you have the lowly Panthers on the schedule but other than that, the Falcons, Patriots, Ravens, and Titans are all Top 10 vs the run. Maybe you can count on Addai vs the Jags for 2 games and Panthers & one Texans game, that would be about it, IMO. Braylon Edwards will be back soon, unlike Kenny Britt and Crabtree's value does go down. The choice is yours as to how many games you want out of Addai and whenever he has a good matchup, do the primary RBs of yours have a better matchup negating his utility value?

Edited by chad72

Not yet. Yes, you have the lowly Panthers on the schedule but other than that, the Falcons, Patriots, Ravens, and Titans are all Top 10 vs the run. Maybe you can count on Addai vs the Jags for 2 games and Panthers & one Texans game, that would be about it, IMO. Braylon Edwards will be back soon, unlike Kenny Britt and Crabtree's value does go down. The choice is yours as to how many games you want out of Addai and whenever he has a good matchup, do the primary RBs of yours have a better matchup negating his utility value?

I'm only going to need him week 9 when we play the Falcons because Adrian Peterson is on bye. I don't need much from him because my starting running backs are Adrian Peterson and Arian Foster which are automatic starts every week.

I'm only going to need him week 9 when we play the Falcons because Adrian Peterson is on bye. I don't need much from him because my starting running backs are Adrian Peterson and Arian Foster which are automatic starts every week.

Is this a keeper league? If not, how on earth did you get them both a round apart while drafting? :)

Falcons are pretty stout vs the run, so don't expect much from Addai vs the Falcons.

Is this a keeper league? If not, how on earth did you get them both a round apart while drafting? :)

Falcons are pretty stout vs the run, so don't expect much from Addai vs the Falcons.

he might got foster when he was injured at the beginning of season.

now i dont see how comes ppl still think addai has any value... take whatever rb would outperform him.

he might got foster when he was injured at the beginning of season.

now i dont see how comes ppl still think addai has any value... take whatever rb would outperform him.

Yep, I traded for Arian Foster when he was injured for a discount. It's a standard 10 team league.

And I was thinking to myself Saturday, "DeMarco Murray or Addai? Murray is a backup once Felix comes back, Addai is starter and can catch. I'll get Addai." :facepalm: