Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only two I would want from AZ is Fitz and Peterson but I cant see we have anything that would gain either, and from his tweet its hard to tell if he is saying anything to clarify its with AZ.  But now I am in suspense to see whats up the sleeves of Grigs and Irsay.

The only two I would want from AZ is Fitz and Peterson but I cant see we have anything that would gain either, and from his tweet its hard to tell if he is saying anything to clarify its with AZ.  But now I am in suspense to see whats up the sleeves of Grigs and Irsay.

the owners meetnigs are in Arizona

You don't think it warranted the hype? Powers goes down, & we get Vontae. I really don't think we would've been 11-5 if Vaughn was our #1 CB. So I believe it did match the hype

I didn't say Vontae is not good but I stated my opinion and I stand by it. It's not like Colts traded for somebody like Peyton Manning, Fitzgerald or Megatron.

Bethea did just now start tweeting a lot all of a sudden! The mystery deepens! 

Although this probably has nothing to do with anything

yeah Bethea doesn't sound like a guy on the verge of being moved in that tweet although in fairness he might not know.  If we were to add a guy like Reed he's about the only guy on the roster that I think the Colts would be willing to part with that might have some kind of value but that involves adding a guy like Reed first which is probably not likely unless the Colts have been trying to throw teams off their trail with Pagano's comments and stuff this week. 

I need to get a job with our organization. Maybe be Grigson's personal apple juice boy or something. Just anything to get in the loop & know what's going on instead of sitting here out the loop growing grey hair before I even hit 21 smh

Irsay drinks water.  Everytime you see a pic of him he has bottled water. so you can work for the company that delivers his bottled water to the complex.

yeah Bethea doesn't sound like a guy on the verge of being moved in that tweet although in fairness he might not know.  If we were to add a guy like Reed he's about the only guy on the roster that I think the Colts would be willing to part with that might have some kind of value but that involves adding a guy like Reed first which is probably not likely unless the Colts have been trying to throw teams off their trail with Pagano's comments and stuff this week. 

I don't take the Bethea thing seriously, it's just fun acting like Irsay and saying random stuff

My guess is that they are looking to trade for a player (WR) that would put us over the cap.  So they are trying to work out a way to get under to be able to trade for them.   "already past the cap cash' if they take on the player without making another move. 

or they could be trying to free up cap space to possibly make an offer to say Victor Cruz......

I don't know at all, i apologize for my wording... I just meant that its hard for me to imagine what players we might be trading away... our roster has more unfulfilled potential guys than trade bait guys. Most of their contracts are very reasonable... maybe Mathis, Redding, or Angerer are possibilities... beats me

I see how the way I said that made it look like I thought I knew... sry.. I honestly have no clue...

I don't think we would trade any of those guys.  Mathis is our only proven pass rusher at this point and played well in the 3/4 last year.  Redding proved just how valuable he was to our defense and at his age and contract he probably has more value to us on the roster than he would as trade bait.  It's my understanding the linebackers we brought in play OLB so I don't think we would be moving Angerer.  I know we have Conner who could start alongside Freeman but then we have no back ups on the roster as we just look Fokou to free agency. 

The only guy I could see us maybe trading would be Bethea and that's only if we bring in another safety first.  I think you bring the other safety in first before you give up Bethea. 

If it's a trade I would agree with you it would be for picks but I don't know the way I read it and I want to stress again I don't speak Irsayese I think they are looking at signing someone. 

My guess is that they are looking to trade for a player (WR) that would put us over the cap.  So they are trying to work out a way to get under to be able to trade for them.   "already past the cap cash' if they take on the player without making another move. 

or they could be trying to free up cap space to possible make an offer to say Victor Cruz......

To get Cruz we have to give up two first round picks I believe something we don't have.

If it's from the Cards, wouldn't mind bringing in a Calais Campbell or Dan Williams. If it's the Cards, my bet is Dan Williams, solid NT.

Any other team... I have no clue.

EDIT: Forget Campbell, his cap hit is way too big.

Several players come to mind

Calais Cambell

Shaughnessy

O'brien Schofield

Rashard Mendenhall

Antoine Cason

Darnell Dockett

Michael Floyd

Patrick Peterson

Dan Williams

Absolutely no way they would give up Fitz, Cardinal fans would have no need to even come to games because they would not put up any points

are all my candidates

#Colts are trying to trade for a WR, according to my source I just exchanged emails with. Doesn't know who exactly, but its a WR for sure.

not sure who this dude is ^

He writes for Stampedge Blue and hosts an Internet radio show.  Doesn't sound too creditable to me.  With that said what he is saying here would make a lot of sense so I could see this being true I am just not sure if he is a guy I would go to for regular Colts news (and I know you aren't saying you do). 

We really have a need for a second WR.  I like Hilton and Brazil but they seem like they are more slot guys.  It doesn't mean that a guy like Hilton couldn't play the number two if we needed him too but I think he would be more effective in the slot.  Even if we went with those three we would another body at WR for sure and it could be one of the guys we brought in but I don't know if the Colts would feel comfortable going forward with a vet in Wayne two second year players and guys who are pretty much rookies making up their WR core. 

He writes for Stampedge Blue and hosts an Internet radio show.  Doesn't sound too creditable to me.  With that said what he is saying here would make a lot of sense so I could see this being true I am just not sure if he is a guy I would go to for regular Colts news (and I know you aren't saying you do). 

We really have a need for a second WR.  I like Hilton and Brazil but they seem like they are more slot guys.  It doesn't mean that a guy like Hilton couldn't play the number two if we needed him too but I think he would be more effective in the slot.  Even if we went with those three we would another body at WR for sure and it could be one of the guys we brought in but I don't know if the Colts would feel comfortable going forward with a vet in Wayne two second year players and guys who are pretty much rookies making up their WR core. 

thanks and very true

He has a 1st round tender 

Fair enough mistake on our part but I still don't give us giving up our first rounder for him namely because a guy like him would really blow the cap (he seems to want big money and rightfully so).  He is also pretty much another version of Hilton and Brazil and I don't think the Colts would go into the draft minus both their first and second round picks but stranger things have happened but I have a feeling Cruz's would be cap figure will make it a no go for us.