Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who To Start

CR91

im creating this thread for people who need help deciding who to put in their starting line up in their fantasy leagues. heres my dilemma

i can only start one

blount vs the falcons

holmes vs the raiders

marshall vs the browns

im currently starting marshall because blount is inconsistent and holmes is not only battling injuries, but there could be jet lag

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sheesh guys thanks for the advice. whatever i still won. i have another matchup i need help with

best vs cowboys

mathews vs dolphins

felix jones vs lions

blount vs colts

which three should i start

I would usually say Blount vs Colts, but seeing how our run D played last week, I'll pick Mathews vs Dolphins. The Fins defense has been nothing short of atrocious and Mathews gets more and more carries every week, and now even getting goal line touches.

i dont know about blount. the colts have done a good job stopping big backs in hillis and mendenhall and there definetly better then him.

You could take a risk on Felix, he does rack up a lot of yards from scrimmage from his receiving yards, but make sure you keep an eye on his injury. He practiced today so he should start as usual, but Murray should get a few more carries than usual.

And now it is the dreaded Tom Brady bye week.

My options are:

Sam Bradford (yuck)

Jay Culter

Carson Palmer (yuck)

Matt Hasselbeck

Curtis Painter

John Beck

Christian Ponder (yuck)

i like cutler vs tb. painter had a good day so cutler should excel

Edited by coltsrule91

And now it is the dreaded Tom Brady bye week.

My options are:

Sam Bradford (yuck)

Jay Culter

Carson Palmer (yuck)

Matt Hasselbeck

Curtis Painter

John Beck

Christian Ponder (yuck)

I'd go with Hasselback. Even in a blowout loss vs the Steelers, he had 262 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT, if I am right. He has been solid throughout.

If the Bucs can pick off Brees, they can pick off Cutler too and the Titans' O-line, which being league low in rushing, is top notch in pass protection unlike the Bears' O-line. That is all the more reason to go with Hasselback coming off a bye week where he would have had more chances to practice with his wideouts and he spreads it around not keying in one or two wideouts, so Hasselback definitely, he will not lose it for you. The case with Painter's success vs the Bucs, one was entirely YAC for Garcon, not much Painter did on that TD, to be honest except get that short completion to him and let Garcon do the rest.

Edited by chad72

I'd go with Hasselback. Even in a blowout loss vs the Steelers, he had 298 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT, if I am right. He has been solid throughout.

If the Bucs can pick off Brees, they can pick off Cutler too and the Titans' O-line, which being league low in rushing, is top notch in pass protection unlike the Bears' O-line. That is all the more reason to go with Hasselback coming off a bye week where he would have had more chances to practice with his wideouts and he spreads it around not keying in one or two wideouts, so Hasselback definitely, he will not lose it for you.

the bucs play the saints all the time. they know how to attack drew brees and the bucs defense doesnt travel well. if they couldnt handle going to the west coast how are they gonna handle going to another country.

the bucs play the saints all the time. they know how to attack drew brees and the bucs defense doesnt travel well. if they couldnt handle going to the west coast how are they gonna handle going to another country.

Just based on the same logic, the Houston D had its worst outings on the road as well at Saints and at Ravens (except when they played a horrible Miami team). Besides, London is not the same as playing at Soldier Field. Cutler has not thrown a pick in back-to-back games for the second time in three years. So, that is how often you can rely on him to not throw picks. You can view that as either Cutler is hot or Cutler is due to throw a few picks in this game. The upside is greater with Cutler, I will agree on that. Hasselback is the safer option, IMO.

could also take a chance with tim tebow

I need a spark on my FF team, so I am starting him over Matt Ryan (crossing my fingers :)). I hope he minimizes his INTs and rushes for ample yards. 10 rushing yards from a rushing QB gives me the same 1 pt. that 25 passing yards does from a pocket passer.

If a team has speedy LBs, it will get Tebow down. If it has bigger but not speedy LBs, then Tebow has a chance to break a few good runs, IMO. We will see :).

Edited by chad72

I've got Romo at QB. Should I start Dez Bryant vs the Rams DEF, or Jordy Nelson (GB) vs the Vikings DEF?

I've got Romo at QB. Should I start Dez Bryant vs the Rams DEF, or Jordy Nelson (GB) vs the Vikings DEF?

Dez Bryant for sure. Aaron Rodgers likes to spread the ball a lot, so all Packers WR are boom or busts every week.

I´ve got one too (standard scoring, nfl.com)

QB: Schaub/Painter (I wanna start Painter, good Idea?)

If Andre Johnson cannot go, starting Painter is a good idea. Check pre-game reports, in all likelihood, AJ will miss one more game and that will affect Schaub's numbers, IMO.

I´ve got one too (standard scoring, nfl.com)

QB: Schaub/Painter (I wanna start Painter, good Idea?)

RB: Mendenhall

RB: Ingram

WR: Megatron

WR: Bowe

Flex: Jackie Battle/Santana Moss

(Blount & Brandon Jacobs are out)

idk about painter. the saints blitz a lot and painter doesnt do well under pressure

Hey fellas, I have this diluted league with only 8 teams. I have 2 TEs on my roster - Jermichael Finley and Tony Gonzalez. I have Antonio Gates on waivers (goes back to just 8 teams), do I drop Gonzalez and pick up Gates now before he gets more healthy?

Thoughts???

Hey fellas, I have this diluted league with only 8 teams. I have 2 TEs on my roster - Jermichael Finley and Tony Gonzalez. I have Antonio Gates on waivers (goes back to just 8 teams), do I drop Gonzalez and pick up Gates now before he gets more healthy?

Thoughts???

the person that dropped gates is an *. pick him up before someone else does

Edited by coltsrule91

guys i have a dilemma. as i posted before i stupidly dropped murray and i doubt im gonna be able to pick him up since im first in my league so heres what i got instead

murice morris vs the broncos

marshall vs the giants