Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ReMeDy

Ray Lewis hired by ESPN as on-air analyst

Good move! Love the man! He's such an inspirational person!

I found out the other day that the guy lives about 10 minutes away from my condo in Florida (I need to get away from Montreal sometimes :P). Beautiful home.

I just want to see him dance and eat grass before he gets on camera.

Host: " What do you think of that Ray?"

*Music blares, smoke rolls out, Ray bursts thru the door, suit and tie, starts to dance. Grabs a chunk of grass, inhales it, "whooaaaa" as he dances to his seat. *

Ray: I think it's a really good move for the Chargers. *blades of grass stuck between his teeth, dirt smeared on his face*

cant wait to see what happens if ray and skip ever go at it haha

Man, I bet he'll just murder that job.

i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

oooooooo..I called that one like mos ago...or rather I thought he'd be a good analyst when he retired.

I wouldn't be much on coaching.

Anyone else think he will go into coaching in a few years?

I could see it, but I think that's a good 4-6 years down the road. Not sure if he'll make it to head coach, but he could be a good position coach have.

Man, I bet he'll just murder that job.

Can you put Ray Lewis on with ESPN's legal analyst & #52 can chime in everytime the topic obstruction of justice comes up? Hey, sugar Ray knows all about that ladies & gentlemen.  haha

Personally,  I don't know why more athletes don't want a job with NFL Network. ESPN is like amateur open mike night with no cover charge for alcohol at a comedy club. I don't think very highly of ESPN & I would be wary of working for Walt Disney & Mickey Mouse.  I like adult humor too much.  ;)

Also, I hate how ESPN mixes together sports genres all the time: Basketball, Baseball, college football, & the NFL. It drives me nuts! I want to take professional football 24/7. I could care less about LeBron James & Matt Ryan comparisons about Playoff runs.

cant wait to see what happens if ray and skip ever go at it haha

Ray looked like a pimp on ESPN the other day I'd say if Skip opened his mouth Ray would back hand Skip & put him back out on his corner .

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• FA will definitely be interesting especially if we don't bring back Thad. Will almost have to do something to fill his spot.
    • I think he will be a lot better than Joe Young. JMO.
    • Not sure if anyone will be  interested, but I am super excited. We are combining my 50th and my wife's 50th next year and having the trip of a lifetime by coming over to America in October and will be taking in the Jets game in New York, then coming down to Indianapolis for the Bills game at home. We cannot wait, and look forward to taking in the atmosphere of a home game.  Hopefully we will be on a winning run when we come over.  
    • Was lunch at St Elmo's Steakhouse?  That could've made a world of difference lol.     Yeah, definitely sounds lame and lack of effort.  
    • It also is implied that Boston wanted both the red carpet treatment AND a big contract offer in order to feel valued.   He never said anything about the money offered to him by the Colts (if any offer was made at all).   But he did criticize our visit and commended Arizona rolling out the red carpet for him. But then he said he was disrespected by the Cardinals likely offering him something close to the veteran minimum   The problem here is that if he and Reid and Vaccaro really thought they would be $7-$9M a year players as he said to Ed McCafferey, then they were completely duped by their agents or anyone that let them think that.   That would make them top-12 safeties by annual average. Honey Badger got $7M.   Otherwise all the guys that signed singed for less. Burnett signed for under $5M a year and he is a more well known guy than Boston generally speaking.   Based on what most of these guys signed for, there is no way Boston and Vaccaro and Reid and others were going to get even $4M a year. The guys that signed early in free agency, which is when the most dollars are spent to sign guys quickly, went for $4-$5.5M   The best these guys can hope for are contracts in the range of Mike Adams or HaHa Clinton-Dix or even Reggie Nelson.   That is $2-$2.5M a year. If Boston thought he was gonna cash in at $7-$9M then he is probably * that he is getting offered around 1/3 of what he thought he'd make. That is because he got some bad intel if he really thought he would make that.   I think Boston is a good player, but I doubt the Colts would go out and pay him more than they are paying
      Hooker. And since Hooker is making around $3.1M annually, he couldn't have expected to get crazy bank from us.   I just think if these guys want to play they are going to have to play for whatever their market is. You don't want to make $1-$3M because that is a slap in the face, then you sit the year and make nothing. Harsh reality but that is what these guys are faced with.
  • Members

• twfish

twfish 1,239

• IndyColts3707

IndyColts3707 0

Rookie
    • il vecchio

il vecchio 77

• Dan Smith

Dan Smith 0

Rookie
    • IndyD4U