Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One More For The Trophy Case

jvan1973

Well, from the looks of things this team is going to struggle competeing with the worst of the worst.. So to entertain ourselves, my buddies and i were trying to put a positive spin on the whole ordeal.. Clearly the chance at a high draft pick was amongst the topics. One i thought of was this.. Peyton has vitually every award the NFL has to offer, except one. The Nfl comeback player of the year... Im gonna go out on a limb and say a healthy 18 wins that award in a landslide next year...

Small consolation, but good point. I'll happily endorse any positive thoughts that can be drawn from this season.

I will too. We are going to have to start going the Titans route and start lauding things like "almost wins" or the Jags route like "375". Find little victories here and there (although we will not come close to 375, it was just an example).

This season is the first non-SB or bust year in a long while.

:coltslogo:

I will too. We are going to have to start going the Titans route and start lauding things like "almost wins" or the Jags route like "375". Find little victories here and there (although we will not come close to 375, it was just an example).

This season is the first non-SB or bust year in a long while.

:coltslogo:

jags 375??

Well, from the looks of things this team is going to struggle competeing with the worst of the worst.. So to entertain ourselves, my buddies and i were trying to put a positive spin on the whole ordeal.. Clearly the chance at a high draft pick was amongst the topics. One i thought of was this.. Peyton has vitually every award the NFL has to offer, except one. The Nfl comeback player of the year... Im gonna go out on a limb and say a healthy 18 wins that award in a landslide next year...

Didn't think about that, but it's true. Another for the trophy case haha

lol...I hadn't thought of that either. That comeback player of the year award might look a little out of place on his mantle next to the 4 mvp's. lol

lol...I hadn't thought of that either. That comeback player of the year award might look a little out of place on his mantle next to the 4 mvp's. lol

After sitting out, multiple surgeries and all the extra work he will probably put in to be ready,with the prospect he may not recover 100%. I'd say it may need to be right next to that SB ring on the shelf above those mvps.

After sitting out, multiple surgeries and all the extra work he will probably put in to be ready,with the prospect he may not recover 100%. I'd say it may need to be right next to that SB ring on the shelf above those mvps.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, after all he'll have to go through in order to come back it would definitely be rightly deserved. I just meant that when I think of someone who wins a comeback player award, you usually don't associate that with the caliber of player who would have also earned 4 mvp's. I guess it depends on what they're actually coming back from. I usually think of it more like coming back from a terrible year...or a series of terrible years where the player significantly underperformed rather than it being an injury that they're coming back from. Certainly not to say that either is more impressive or deserved than the other, and in fact if it were one that would be more impressive to come back from it would certainly be injury. It's just one of those things that's pre-programmed in my head that when I think "comeback", it's a comeback from a slump. That's all I meant. :)

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, after all he'll have to go through in order to come back it would definitely be rightly deserved. I just meant that when I think of someone who wins a comeback player award, you usually don't associate that with the caliber of player who would have also earned 4 mvp's. I guess it depends on what they're actually coming back from. I usually think of it more like coming back from a terrible year...or a series of terrible years where the player significantly underperformed rather than it being an injury that they're coming back from. Certainly not to say that either is more impressive or deserved than the other, and in fact if it were one that would be more impressive to come back from it would certainly be injury. It's just one of those things that's pre-programmed in my head that when I think "comeback", it's a comeback from a slump. That's all I meant. :)

Fair enough, and I agree hes probably the last guy I would have expected to possibly be up for that award

dont give up, the coaches are going to make some adjustments.