Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts "chasing" OG's Vasquez and Levitre

this is all debatable....you cant predict this...your going off a few players bad fits. you dont know if the player justdecided to not care either since they got the fat pay day. its quite common, so you cant predict a player not addapting to a new scheme or not, your just assuming...where is the solid proof he wont do well?

Sigh this is what you seem to be missing, notice the word "can" in my post. I'm not saying its a one hundred percent given, but it is also a reasonable supposition that players who've made a name doing something well might not necessarily be able to do something else equally as well. This isn't something limited to the NFL, and as a general rule I'd say its one of criteria to differentiate between the "merely" talented and the true greats, the ability to do it all.

I could counter with where's your solid proof that "he" WILL do well but it's a pointless question because its a case by case thing. All Balzer, I believe, was getting at was that previous scheme should be a consideration in evaluating a player. I'm no expert on the O line but if your playing in a scheme which relies on agility and speed over strength and one day your asked to switch to one that relies on strength then its a reasonable projection that not all players can make this switch.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped playing madden years ago. Now back on track. I'm hoping we sign Vasquez for his sheer size and skills. Levitre is really good but is he going to wear down a dl like Vasquez can. Will be happy either way. Just prefer maulers! Vasquez, Loadholt!

Just so you people can see the play I'm talking about.

You can see me coming off the end and the RT dashing along the line.  It wasn't even a PA with a pull, it was a plain 4.3 sprint by the lineman.

I find the HB also has teleport abilities when it comes to blocking in Madden, the game is so frustrating as its not all that far away from being very good, it just needs some actual football knowledge input!

I'd take either or. Andy levitre is supposedly a artist at pass blocking so I'd rather get him. Getting both would be a dream come true and I would scream at the top of my lungs if we did get both. If we miss out on both we could try Ramon foster,Kevin boothe,Matt slauson, or Brandon Moore

Vasquez is the superior pass blocker who's good at run blocking, Levitre is a great run blocker good pass blocker. Levitre fits a zone blocking scheme and Vasquez man blocking which is what we run. Also Levitre plays LG Vasquez plays RG which is the problem of our o-line. Both great guards but Vasquez is better and fits our scheme more.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 10, 2013 - off topic
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 10, 2013 - off topic

The same can be achieved via a proxy with much less hassle, VPNs unless properly set up with proper termination equipment (like a ASA) are bandwidth killers.

The real question is why would you go to such lengths to avoid a forum ban.... Though I suppose it fits with the language and manners you've shown so far.

It's also pretty dumb stating how you intend to avoid any ban, should one to descend, on the very forum in question.

its used by a group that ddos and doesnt like to be known so I use that for other things, proxys are not as reliable.

and bandwidth isnt an issue when. im usally on one on the vpn at all times for other things anyways so o its not a hassle.

Vasquez is the superior pass blocker who's good at run blocking, Levitre is a great run blocker good pass blocker. Levitre fits a zone blocking scheme and Vasquez man blocking which is what we run. Also Levitre plays LG Vasquez plays RG which is the problem of our o-line. Both great guards but Vasquez is better and fits our scheme more.

I think you have it backwards on the who is the superior pass blocker.

I find the HB also has teleport abilities when it comes to blocking in Madden, the game is so frustrating as its not all that far away from being very good, it just needs some actual football knowledge input!

I have to admit, after the update, I like the new "collision" system they have.  I hated the tackle animations because they seem predetermined.  Like, size actually matters now.  But they need to work on the ability to tackle.  They need to slow the game down and have a wrap up button or something.

Sigh this is what you seem to be missing, notice the word "can" in my post. I'm not saying its a one hundred percent given, but it is also a reasonable supposition that players who've made a name doing something well might not necessarily be able to do something else equally as well. This isn't something limited to the NFL, and as a general rule I'd say its one of criteria to differentiate between the "merely" talented and the true greats, the ability to do it all.

I could counter with where's your solid proof that "he" WILL do well but it's a pointless question because its a case by case thing. All Balzer, I believe, was getting at was that previous scheme should be a consideration in evaluating a player. I'm no expert on the O line but if your playing in a scheme which relies on agility and speed over strength and one day your asked to switch to one that relies on strength then its a reasonable projection that not all players can make this switch.

your not asked to switch all in one day, I have faith that if the coaches get him the know he must have something they need and if he does or doesnt fit im sure them being professionals the can work at making him better and fit where they want him.

now of course thats not 100 but its a risk you take.

your not asked to switch all in one day, I have faith that if the coaches get him the know he must have something they need and if he does or doesnt fit im sure them being professionals the can work at making him better and fit where they want him.

now of course thats not 100 but its a risk you take.

There we go! See that's a reasonable and considered response that I somewhat agree with (my previous comment RE Grigson) :)

Edited by 21isSuperman

I think you have it backwards on the who is the superior pass blocker.

Both are very good pass blockers and Levitre has better run blocking stats simply because of the system. The point that keeps getting missed is that Vasquez is the better fit for our system. Plain and simple. I think the original tweet that was posted for this thread was taken out of context anyway. I think it just meant the 3 teams mentioned were talking to the top 2 guards but not necessarily both of them. In other words, each team was talking to one or the other. This was from rotoworld last night...(no mention of the Colts showing interest)

The Chargers have "expressed interest" in free agent OG Andy Levitre.

It's an indication the Bolts don't expect to re-sign Louis Vasquez, but Levitre would be almost as expensive, if not more so. If their prices are the same or similar, it would be puzzling for the Chargers to go with Levitre over a known commodity in Vasquez. In addition to the Bolts, Levitre has been linked to the Titans and Bears.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 10, 2013 - off topic
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 10, 2013 - off topic

There we go! See that's a reasonable and considered response that I somewhat agree with (my previous comment RE Grigson), much better than calling people derps :)

well as I said earlier I did apologize to the op, however I guess assuming the op knew this is my fault for assuimg in the first place. :P

If Levitre is a much better run blocker than Vasquez, we don`t want Vasquez.

Levitre does pull well I understand. Not good mano e mano.

Who is behind the curtain...

Andy is not the mauler vasquez is u use position u can't run a power off of Andy

After reading on this I dont ezpect us to land both at all. Hopefully we can pull one of them. Most likley Vasqez. Titians and bears are both hard after Levitre so Id bet one of them get him. So I think we continue hard after Vasquez and the find a solid RT maybe.

It's the other way around, levitre is GREAT pass blocker, and a good run blocker

No Bills are known for their great run game not pass blocking. Fitzpatrick throws the ball so fast he rarely take five or seven step drops. Rivers seems to always take deep shots and before injuries hit Chargers were one of the best passing teams in the league. Vasquez is the more superior pass blocker he's also younger,bigger,and stronger.

After reading on this I dont ezpect us to land both at all. Hopefully we can pull one of them. Most likley Vasqez. Titians and bears are both hard after Levitre so Id bet one of them get him. So I think we continue hard after Vasquez and the find a solid RT maybe.

Bears cant afford him  they have i think 4 mil in space. yeah 4 mil according to http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/2013/ so they wont get any of the top guards. and they are in talks with resigning urlacher too.

i think levitre is a better pass blocker------just a opinion------i live on east coast so ive definitely seen him more,thats probably the reason

Ok, I'm just gonna ask....Why??? Vasquez is the better fit. His stats says he's better. Why do so many keep saying they prefer Levitre? Is it just the popular choice? Be honest.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9342&team=24

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9315&team=2

Ok, I'm just gonna ask....Why??? Vasquez is the better fit. His stats says he's better. Why do so many keep saying they prefer Levitre? Is it just the popular choice? Be honest.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9342&team=24

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9315&team=2

To be honest, you really cannot evaluate Offensive Linemen based on stats.

In order to determine the quality of player a lineman is, would take hours and hours of watching film. Play after play has to be analyzed to see just how he mans up blocking.

i think levitre is a better pass blocker------just a opinion------i live on east coast so ive definitely seen him more,thats probably the reason

Vasquez is just as good at pass blocking IMO and he's better at run blocking which is what we need. Were not building a finesse O-line, we need to build a strong run game and Vasquez would help with that immensely. I don't believe we are truly in on Levitre anyway.

SI's Peter King confirms the Titans are expected to "go hard" after OG Andy Levitre in the opening hours of free agency.

The Nashville Tennessean first reported the Titans' interest last week. Levitre would be a major coup for one of the league's worst interior lines, but he's a better pass blocker than run blocker. That won't be music to Chris Johnson's ears, who's routinely blamed his offensive line for his recent struggles. Regardless, Levitre would be a sizable upgrade on Steve Hutchinson.

To be honest, you really cannot evaluate Offensive Linemen based on stats.

In order to determine the quality of player a lineman is, would take hours and hours of watching film. Play after play has to be analyzed to see just how he mans up blocking.

While that may hold some truth to it, the most telling stat that I posted was the penalties. Vasquez has 1 penalty in 4 yrs. for a false start and ZERO holding penalties. That shows that Vasquez has superior technique, superior strength, and superior footwork. Levitre had 18 penalties with 9 false starts and 8 holding penalties over the same time period.