Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboys could release Miles Austin

http://fansided.com/2013/02/23/miles-austin-could-become-dallas-cowboys-cap-casualty/

Before people go with the "injury prone" thing: He's only missed 10 games in his 6 year career.

Personally I think he'd be a huge upgrade in our receiving core; but his price tag would be pretty high.

But if Dallas releases him, I think he'd be worth at least a look.

If everybody that was suggested here as being "worth a look" we would have a revolving door of FA's coming through Indy next month. People probably need to temper their expectations of what were going to do with free agency. Grigson already has a list made of players that are "worth a look" and I would guarantee it won't be even close to what has been suggested here.

If everybody that was suggested here as being "worth a look" we would have a revolving door of FA's coming through Indy next month. People probably need to temper their expectations of what were going to do with free agency. Grigson already has a list made of players that are "worth a look" and I would guarantee it won't be even close to what has been suggested here.

I agree with the sentiment, but Miles Austin would very much be worth a look. Maybe not worth the price tag, but I'd love to see him rock the shoe. If he were a FA I'd rather sign him than Bowe, Amendola, Wallace, or Jennings.

I agree with the sentiment, but Miles Austin would very much be worth a look. Maybe not worth the price tag, but I'd love to see him rock the shoe. If he were a FA I'd rather sign him than Bowe, Amendola, Wallace, or Jennings.

Don't really care for Austin, but I'm not sure there is a free agent WR that people haven't about broken their necks making a thread for them here. We May(and I emphasize MAY) sign a WR but I certainly do not believe for 1 second we'll sign a high priced guy. Too many other area's that are far more important to fix before WR should even be considered. It certainly appears here that many fans have taken the Matt Millen how to class of being an NFL GM. WR's, WR's, and more WR's is all many fans seem to care about. Other positions that have been suggested have had players that many times do not even fit the scheme. Thank God that Grigson will put the proper amount of homework into each guy he brings in and will know if they fit the scheme. If the fans actually had a say in who we sign, we would probably build the worst team ever assembled.

In the NFL, aren't most players usually playing some sort of pain or something?  It might not be significant enough to be on the injury report, but maybe some bruises or tightness or something

Yes, but it's not as though he plays MLB. Yet it seems he is always on the questionable/probable list with some ailment that hampers his play