Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Colts Offseason Mock (2-21-13)

I made a few changes in this mock, although I still have the Colts trading down in the draft to acquire extra picks.

In free agency...

Indy resigns DE Moala, P McAfee, LB Fokou, CB Butler, OG/T Reitz

Indy signs free agents...

OG Louis Vasquez

OT Sebastian Vollmer

SS William Moore

CB Mike Jenkins

CB Antoine Cason

OLB Antwan Barnes

It may be a little stretch that we sign 6 free agents, but we should have them money for it and all these guys would be great additions and most have ties to this team. Now in the draft we can focus on DL, OLB, and another OG/C.

2013 Draft...

*Indy trades 24th pick and 6th rounder to Arizona for 2nd, 3rd, 5th round picks*

2nd(via trade)- DE/OLB Sam Montgomery (The other terror pass rusher on LSU, Montgomery was no slouch in his own right. Montgomery is the better all around player than Mingo, and he has the size at 6-5, 260 pounds to be the Terrell Suggs of this defense. You can never have enough pass rushers and Mathis is getting a little older so we need a 3rd good pass rusher outside of Mathis and Hughes. Barnes is good depth.)

3rd(via trade)- OG Travis Frederick (I am really warming up to this guy, and top of the 3rd seems to be a good spot for him. He is a big mauler in the run game, and OL from Wisconsin seem to do well in the NFL. He struggled at times at C, so he projects best at OG. We can play this season out to see how both Satelle and Shipley do, and can replace them next year if need be. Our OL now looks very good with 3 new starters.)

3rd- RB Montee Ball (Pep Hamilton wants to have a power running game, and run the ball more often than last season showed. With that said, Im not sure how much longer Delone Carter will be with the team, and we need a 3rd RB on the team. Plus I think Ball is a great value at this point and could be a great 1 2 punch with either Ballard or Brown.)

4th- DT Kwame Geathers (Gives us a huge DT on the DL who can play DE on certain downs as well.)

5th(comp for Garcon)- DE Joe Kruger (Another DE for depth to share time with Redding, Moala, and Nevis.)

Love it but if Brandon Jenkins is there at the bottom of the 3rd I'd almost for sure take him over Ball although I'd drool over the chance to get Ball as well, I'd replace your Mike Jenkins pick or Barnes pick with Fullback Mike Cox or I might look to draft Kyle Juszcyk in the 7th 

Montee Ball is an amazingly awful pick. If he succeeds it will be in a ZBS where he can get away with being slow and unpowerful.

But  Wisconsin used a Man Scheme I believe, in a Zone scheme you cant get away with being slow because you have to be able to cut back at a moments notice