Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You have the #1 overall pick and can choose any player in NFL history. Who do you take?

Dustin

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unitas , then jim Brown, he never needed to find holes, he just ran over anyone in his way and made own hioles , I can picture him Vs an entire team  & no OL in front of him on 3rd and short and just getting it easily

I'm Old Scholol ,, but Peyton is Just fine as is Elway

Montana

Before I even opened this thread I was going to say this but then this thought occurred to me...

Well, let's hope you're running a system where the QB takes 3 steps and throws it to a spot on the field. haha

... and I decided I was going to try and trade my first overall pick for the rights to Bill Walsh instead.

Peyton Manning

with barry sanders a close second

I can absolutely see an argument for Elway or Rice; however, I'm going to take

Walter Payton all the way. Sweetness had heart that some teams never witness. Regardless of who was around him, he elevated people's play. Payton with a solid QB and you have one nasty offense. 

unitas ,

then jim Brown, he never needed to find holes, he just ran over anyone in his way and made own hioles , I can picture him Vs an entire team  & no OL in front of him on 3rd and short and just getting it easily

I'm Old Scholol ,,

but Peyton is Just fine as is Elway

Thats same reasoning I Imagine  I picked JIM Brown ,

but I  saw them all   play , Sandews in person alot as   live 4 miles north of Detroit since 1980 , sweetness was sweet, so wsa Gale Sayers, and imagine if a ceratin oakland raider , Marcus Allen was allowed to actually play after his first few years but Allen formed a stormy relationship with owner Al Davis stemming from a contract dispute where Davis referred to Allen as a "cancer to the team ", and then o soon made him 3rd and then 4th string back before trading him way late in career in 93 to KC to team with a late Montana and they almost took it ASFC championship if remember right

Just stayed old school with Unitas first 

QB-Peyton Manning (ask me again in 10 years then likely answer will be Andrew Luck)

HB-Barry Sanders(He did not need an offensive line)

FB-Lorenzo Neal

WR-Jerry Rice

TE-Tony Gonzales

LT-Johnathan Ogden

LG-Steve Hutchinson

C-Mike Webster

RG-John Hannah

RT-Eric Williams

QB-Peyton Manning (ask me again in 10 years then likely answer will be Andrew Luck)

HB-Barry Sanders(He did not need an offensive line)

FB-Lorenzo Neal

WR-Jerry Rice

TE-Tony Gonzales

LT-Johnathan Ogden

LG-Steve Hutchinson

C-Mike Webster

RG-John Hannah

RT-Eric Williams

Walter Jones > Ogden.

Elway

Montana

Unitas

Would be my top 3.

The thing about Brady and Elway that separates them IMO from the pack is the fact that they took lousy teams to multiple SBs. Even though Elway did not win his first three because the NFC was so dominate, his teams in the 80's were as bad as Brady's in the 2000's. I only put Montana third because you have to given his record in SBs, playoffs overall and clutch factor. But his teams were stacked top to bottom.

Based on scarcity, I'd probably take a def player. Probably Reggie White. Or Deion Sanders.

I say this because Id gladly take a Warren Moon or Dan Fouts on the way back. Even some guys from today. Like Rodgers or Eli or even guys like Luck or RG3 waaaay later.

A Reggie White, Moon, and Singltary 1-2-3 seems like a pretty good start.

The thing about Brady and Elway that separates them IMO from the pack is the fact that they took lousy teams to multiple SBs. Even though Elway did not win his first three because the NFC was so dominate, his teams in the 80's were as bad as Brady's in the 2000's. I only put Montana third because you have to given his record in SBs, playoffs overall and clutch factor. But his teams were stacked top to bottom.

Brady took lousy teams to multiple Super Bowls? Yeah, not so much.

Brady is good, but come on that is pretty naive.

I can almost guarantee all Pats fans here would not agree with this.

I am actually dumbfounded you just said those teams were bad.

Defense

RE-Reggie White

DT-Joe Green

DT-Ndamukong Suh

LE-Michael Strahan

ROLB-Lawrence Taylor

MLB-Ray Lewis

LOLB-Demarcus Ware

CB1-Darelle Revis

CB2-TY Law

SS-Ronnie Lott

FS-Ed Reed

Demarcus Ware is 3-4 olb. From your list it looks like you're running a 4-3.