Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Officially part with Freeney and Collie

B-B

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freeney was not "released" since hes set to be a FA. They just pretty much told him they aren't going to resign him. Collie on the other hand was released. 

Collie was signed to a 4 yr. contract in 2009, so he is a FA too. So, both of them were bid adieu without re-signing.

Right call on both players......Freeney was a great player, but at his age and given the current defensive system isn't worth what he's gonna want to be paid.

Hopefully he can go someplace else and have a nice end to his career.

Sad....but not surpring. Good luck in your future, Austin.....and thank you so much DFree.

Two proud battlers for the horseshoe. Dwight will end up in our ring of honor.

I feel that guys like Bob Sanders and Austin who contributed so much...only to have careers shortened deserve the love too.....

Poor old Steve Emtman would have been a beast too....not sure on Trev Alberts...:)

May have come LAST year if the dead hit was not enormous....still sick.....loved 93..... :(

Wound up not being about the money. I thought it was all offseason, but I was wrong. The dead cap hit would have been $5m. We carried him for $19m. I still think it was a mistake.