Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any Penn State Fans?

Two guys I've been paying close attention to so far in the early college season are Derek Moye WR and Devon Still DT. Currently I think Still is projected as a 3rd round pick and Moye a 7th round pick.

Devon Still: I want to like this guy but I'm having trouble doing so. When he gives his full effort he always seems to make a big play. However, from what I've seen he clearly doesn't give his full effort on every play. In fact I would argue that he gives up on plays more than half the time. IMO this comes down to desire and motivation and I just don't know that this can be corrected by coaching. I mean the guy is a SR so if he has any desire to play in the pros you would think this would be the year he gives his full effort in order to try to increase his draft stock but I'm just not seeing it. I could see if there were perhaps a lingering issue that would be hindering his play. Just wondering if anyone else has seen the same thing.

Derek Moye: Man, right now he's projected as a 7th rounder and I just don't get it. Either this next draft class is stacked at WR or I'm missing something because this guy seems like the real deal. He's big at 6'4" and 210 lbs. From what I've seen he runs nice routes, has at least good hands if not great and from what I've seen is a pretty good blocker on runs and screens. He's also one of their punt returners and the returns I've watched him take he's had nice returns. He may not have elite speed..his avg 40 time is 4.54. From what I've been watching, he looks like he could be an absolute steal in the 7th round if he can make the transition to the pros. Anyone else been paying attention to him and feel the same way and if not I'd be very interested in hearing critiques.

I like Moye a lot, especially at the 7th round.

I tell ya I watched the Penn State/Temple game and I like him a lot too. I'm still trying to figure out what the knocks on him are to push him down to the 7th round. I'm wondering if part of it might be his size. He could probably put on about 5 more lbs. In the first half he was targetted 6 times which resulted in 4 completions. One of the incompletions was a catchable ball....it would have been a difficult catch though. The other he made a nice catch until the CB got his hand on the ball and knocked it down. That's why I'm thinking maybe putting on another 5 lbs or so would help his strength to be able to hold onto that ball.

There was also at least one or two specific times I saw him struggle to get off of bump and run coverage. There were definitely other times when he did though.

If those are the only complaints then I take him in a heartbeat in the 7th round.