Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis interested in having Percy Harvin as a Teammate

TKnight24

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skill position players, Grigson might prefer getting from the draft. The turnaround time for college players contributing on the field in the NFL is not that high for RBs and WRs, IMO.

Lets not forget Grigson was part of a scouting staff that got both DJax and Maclin via the draft. I doubt we sign any wideout in free agency, it will be purely via the draft.

I think the Pats could likley land him. Bill Belichick was fascinated with him when he came out and liked him alot. He just ended up being taken off the board one pick ahead. With the pats possibly losing Welker and Loyld they are gonna need Wide reciever help. NE is always crafty at adressing thier needs and getting what they want.

I think the Pats could likley land him. Bill Belichick was fascinated with him when he came out and liked him alot. He just ended up being taken off the board one pick ahead. With the pats possibly losing Welker and Loyld they are gonna need Wide reciever help. NE is always crafty at adressing thier needs and getting what they want.

Was Lloyd signed to just a 1 yr. deal? Welker, I expect them to franchise tag him again.

They just gave Gronk and Hernandez big contracts, and if they give Welker the contract he deserves, that will eat up what they have left in cap space (most of it) and thus I doubt they look to free agency for wideout help.

Was Lloyd signed to just a 1 yr. deal? Welker, I expect them to franchise tag him again.

They just gave Gronk and Hernandez big contracts, and if they give Welker the contract he deserves, that will eat up what they have left in cap space (most of it) and thus I doubt they look to free agency for wideout help.

I don't think you can franchise tag a player 2 years in a row. I doubt that the Pats are going to over pay for a 32 year old slot receiver.

They just gave Gronk and Hernandez big contracts, and if they give Welker the contract he deserves, that will eat up what they have left in cap space (most of it) and thus I doubt they look to free agency for wideout help.[./quote] Im not exactly sure on contract specifics but I know hes set to become a free agent. Welker getting tagged sounds right. They still need a WR because besides those guys they dont have anyone with the exception of thier two beast TEs. I dont think giving Welker a contract will eat up all thier money. I think they have some flexibility. Like I said pats are very smart and crafty so if they are really interested they will make it happen. Just like most good teams do. That or I wouldnt be supprised to se them take Tavon Austin who Bill could have alot of fun with. He loves players like that.

Is there a limit on how many times you can?

I don't think. I know I've heard that each time a player gets franchised consecutively, teams have to pay more of a percentage each time. I can't remember how it works but I remember reading about it somewhere.

I don't think. I know I've heard that each time a player gets franchised consecutively, teams have to pay more of a percentage each time. I can't remember how it works but I remember reading about it somewhere.

I actually remember hearing something like that. I think it was 10%(?) more. Thanks for the info though.