Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis interested in having Percy Harvin as a Teammate

TKnight24

Hello Colts Family :wave:

Seems our very own Robert Mathis is interested in bringing Percy Harvin to Lucas Oil Stadium. Just posted this Tweet a few minutes ago.

(@RobertMathis98)

Vikes talking trade for Percy!? #WARNING!! Playmaker on the loose & does #NOT need 2 escape the #MidWest, espicially the "HOOSIER STATE"

I'm guessing Hooisers are the Indy Team? Not really sure haha . What do you guys think?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got attitude problems and maturity problems from what I hear. Plus he's gonna expect a big money extension and there's the Injury problem. Plus can we really afford giving up draft picks. If were gonna spend money on a reciever in the offseason Id rather it be a guy like Bowe. Or just draft a guy with high upside/potential. Just not worth it at all to me.

Dude is young and asking for too much money with the problems he brings. Someone will pay him... not us though. Dude would be smart to take a huge paycut to work with a QB like Luck though. I think Cincy should persue him HARD! Harvin does his YAC thing and Green does his catch/TD thing and Cincy has a respectable offense to go deep into the playoffs with.

Not sure anyone would NOT be interested in having him on their team. I am personally indifferent. He would be nice, but I don't want his contract given his health issues to date. TY can fill the role (obvious no Percy) well enough.

TY had more reveiving yards and

TDs than Harvin his rookie year (where he won OROY).

TY had more reveiving yards and

TDs than Harvin his rookie year (where he won OROY).

I think TY is a better WR, but Percy is a better play maker (taking the ball and making a big play out of it). On the flipside, I think TY will take less of a beating in the WCO. I think we are good with TY.

He's got attitude problems and maturity problems from what I hear. Plus he's gonna expect a big money extension and there's the Injury problem. Plus can we really afford giving up draft picks. If were gonna spend money on a reciever in the offseason Id rather it be a guy like Bowe. Or just draft a guy with high upside/potential. Just not worth it at all to me.

I honestly believe his attitude problem being more related to the team and more particularly the QB he's stuck with. He knows that Ponder can't get him the ball outside of a screen pass. Luck on the other hand can get him the ball. Imagine Percy on the outside along with TY in the slot. We'd have teams in a two deep look all game and be able to run the ball up and down the field and dictate at will.

Now for the cons, he is injury prone. No migraine problems anymore but he got hurt elsewhere. I'm really not in favor of giving up draft picks for players but if we really want to take the next step, he'd be the perfect guy to do it.

We don't have a 2nd because of the Davis trade.

We could do a differen draft.

Interesting excerpt from NFL.com article on this.

"Any team dealing for Harvin will have to pony up for an extension, likely more than $10 million per season. Considering his baggage, an NFL personnel man estimated that Harvin would fetch just a second- or third-round pick in return. One writer covering the Vikings bets the New England Patriots will go after Harvin, as head coach Bill Belichick "loves" the league's premier slot receiver."

mmmm there are better options through draft or free agency. Plus we got Hilton and possibly Brazil as deep threats. And I hope we get someone bigger on the outside anyways. The offense isnt going to all about going deep anymore either. Its a higher risk than it is a reward to me. honestly believe his attitude problem being more related to the team and more particularly the QB he's stuck with. He knows that Ponder can't get him the ball outside of a screen pass. Luck on the other hand can get him the ball. Imagine Percy on the outside along with TY in the slot. We'd have teams in a two deep look all game and be able to run the ball up and down the field and dictate at will.

Now for the cons, he is injury prone. No migraine problems anymore but he got hurt elsewhere. I'm really not in favor of giving up draft picks for players but if we really want to take the next step, he'd be the perfect guy to do it.

We could do a differen draft.

Interesting excerpt from NFL.com article on this.

"Any team dealing for Harvin will have to pony up for an extension, likely more than $10 million per season. Considering his baggage, an NFL personnel man estimated that Harvin would fetch just a second- or third-round pick in return. One writer covering the Vikings bets the New England Patriots will go after Harvin, as head coach Bill Belichick "loves" the league's premier slot receiver."

There's probably teams that would be willing to give them this years 2nd though. If we were to give up a future pick we would also have to give up more than we would if we had given out a pick from this years draft.

If we do a future 2nd then we'd probably have to also give up this year and next years 3rd as well.

If were to have a 2nd rounder this year than it would probably only cost the 2nd and 3rd this year.

There's probably teams that would be willing to give them this years 2nd though. If we were to give up a future pick we would also have to give up more than we would if we had given out a pick from this years draft.

If we do a future 2nd then we'd probably have to also give up this year and next years 3rd as well.

If were to have a 2nd rounder this year than it would probably only cost the 2nd and 3rd this year.

Eh, I'm not so sure the year the picks are in would matter much if they are in a 1-2 year window of each other. I believe we could snatch him up for a 3rd.

But I say a third because from what the article says, he had a major blow up with both of Minn's recent head coaches and the most recent one (Lesile Fraiser, former Colts assistant) occurred in front of teammates. Not sure what to think on that one.

Eh, I'm not so sure the year the picks are in would matter much if they are in a 1-2 year window of each other. I believe we could snatch him up for a 3rd.

But I say a third because from what the article says, he had a major blow up with both of Minn's recent head coaches and the most recent one (Lesile Fraiser, former Colts assistant) occurred in front of teammates. Not sure what to think on that one.

I get what you're saying, but there's probably a team out there that's going to give up a lot for him. Belichick has been making some huge moves the past 2 years. He knows his window is closing and is trying to make a final run before he retires. That's where I expect him to go.

I get what you're saying, but there's probably a team out there that's going to give up a lot for him. Belichick has been making some huge moves the past 2 years. He knows his window is closing and is trying to make a final run before he retires. That's where I expect him to go.

I could see that too. Heck, I'd want us to get him just so he doesn't go to the pats haha. But in all honesty, bellichick has tried bringing in previously good talent at the WR position and it really hasn't worked out (Ocho, B. Loyd, Deion Branch off&on). Don't know if they'd keep taking risks in keeping a revolving door at reciever. I'd like to think they want some cohesion and give Brady some stable talent to build a repor with IMO

he was out last year due to being on injured reserve and he also been out some games due to illness.

The only injury he has suffered was a torn ligament in his ankle that happened week 10 of this season. He hasn't had migraine issues in over 2 years.

If we really need a playmaker at WR then it would be so much cheaper to draft Allen/Woods at #24 (which is not what we should do, IMO)

They may never be as good as Harvin, but the cost/benefit would be much better for the team in the long run than giving up a first and paying what he would command... maybe if we could get him for a third it would balance the situation a bit more.