Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Your Username Part II ?

braveheartcolt

And while the guys are answering this question, I'd also like to know how come guys don't have 'friends'............they have 'buddies'

Women never have buddies, they always have just regular friends :)

Nadine, again off the original subject but guess that's the reason we have roast/bake, soak/marinate, purse/outside wallet and .............

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine stems from the fact that I used to be an online service tech in Indy for Comcast (I came up with the name around '99), and it's unique enough that I use it for other stuff as well.  Haven't been an online service tech in about 7 years tho, moved to Amarillo and now build V-22 Ospreys for a living...

And while the guys are answering this question, I'd also like to know how come guys don't have 'friends'............they have 'buddies'

Women never have buddies, they always have just regular friends :)

I have a few female "buddies" who'd disagree with the latter statement.

Y0UJC.png

Lots of nice contributions to this epic thread MAC, but no explanation to the origins of your name?

1. You are Scottish

2. You are a big tennis fan

3. You like fast foods

4 It's an acronym for Manning and Clark

5. Somthing else

Ah, lots of good possibilities there, but sadly it's door #5.

Being Scottish would be grand. Fan of Rod Stewart (who at least thinks he's a Scott). Friend of a Scott descended from a signor of our Declaration of Independence. Sibling to three who visited in their youth. (I've got photos of Hadrians Wall somewhere.) Friend of a guy who only drinks absurdly expensive imported Scottish single malts (and has toured distilleries). Uhhhhhhhh, proud owner of a Weil-McLain boiler (a name which is bizarrely similar to that of the aforementioned friend.  I think of him - and Scotland - every blessed time I run out of fuel. :P )

Oh, and I like tennis, but not MacEnroes. I'm 50% pizza, but never a big Mac (vegetarian). Note that the other 50% is MACaroni. I adore Manning and Clark, but so do the other 1,500 people who incorporated them into their user names. I'm unoriginal, but not THAT unoriginal.

So sadly my user name wasn't interesting enough to warrant an unsolicited story. However I will say that I actually wanted it as a nickname when I was a kid. I mentioned the possibility enough times that my father finally said "So do you want us to call you MAC?" (the "or NOT for crying out loud" was silent.).  As soon as I heard it out loud I realized that it was the LAST thing in the world that I wanted. haha Works much better in writing.

;) Yes, I was alluding to the briefness of the story that is true MAC. I wouldn't call it mean or a "reasonable assumption." Direct perhaps, but not mean, especially with "Just Kidding man!" written after it. It's how I was raised. I meant no disrespect to Andy. There is a difference between cruelty & sarcasm. My apologies Andy if what I said was not well received by you or if it personally offended you.

Sorry SW, nothing wrong with your joke, and we all know that you are far from mean - it's just that when I read it the first time it hit me as " :censored: he just told Andy that he talks too much!". Maybe just me who read it that way,  but since you and Andy are both my friends I thought that I would tease out a clarification before anyone's feelings were hurt. 

The "reasonable assumption" part was about poking fun at people from the Northeast - IE: people like me. :)

Sorry SW, nothing wrong with your joke, and we all know that you are far from mean - it's just that when I read it the first time it hit me as " :censored: he just told Andy that he talks too much!". Maybe just me who read it that way,  but since you and Andy are both my friends I thought that I would tease out a clarification before anyone's feelings were hurt. 

The "reasonable assumption" part was about poking fun at people from the Northeast - IE: people like me. :)

Ah, thought you meant NE, as it was the opposite of SW.......doh.

Ah, lots of good possibilities there, but sadly it's door #5.

Being Scottish would be grand. Fan of Rod Stewart (who at least thinks he's a Scott). Friend of a Scott descended from a signor of our Declaration of Independence. Sibling to three who visited in their youth. (I've got photos of Hadrians Wall somewhere.) Friend of a guy who only drinks absurdly expensive imported Scottish single malts (and has toured distilleries). Uhhhhhhhh, proud owner of a Weil-McLain boiler (a name which is bizarrely similar to that of the aforementioned friend.  I think of him - and Scotland - every blessed time I run out of fuel. :P )

Oh, and I like tennis, but not MacEnroes. I'm 50% pizza, but never a big Mac (vegetarian). Note that the other 50% is MACaroni. I adore Manning and Clark, but so do the other 1,500 people who incorporated them into their user names. I'm unoriginal, but not THAT unoriginal.

So sadly my user name wasn't interesting enough to warrant an unsolicited story. However I will say that I actually wanted it as a nickname when I was a kid. I mentioned the possibility enough times that my father finally said "So do you want us to call you MAC?" (the "or NOT for crying out loud" was silent.).  As soon as I heard it out loud I realized that it was the LAST thing in the world that I wanted. haha Works much better in writing.

Good answer sir! Not a fan of Rod Stewart. He is a 'plastic' Scot, just manufactured to increase his record sales in the 70's. He is despised by 50% of Scotland , as he nailed his flag to one side of the religious divide, by following Glasgow Celtic (soccer), which is the Irish (Catholic) team, as opposed to Rangers (Protestant). All very silly, but a cultural divide that exists nonetheless. 

Expensive Malt's are indeed a good hobby to have. GoPats would agree!

MAC is a good nickname, be proud, and say it aloud!

Good answer sir! Not a fan of Rod Stewart. He is a 'plastic' Scot, just manufactured to increase his record sales in the 70's. He is despised by 50% of Scotland , as he nailed his flag to one side of the religious divide, by following Glasgow Celtic (soccer), which is the Irish (Catholic) team, as opposed to Rangers (Protestant). All very silly, but a cultural divide that exists nonetheless. 

Expensive Malt's are indeed a good hobby to have. GoPats would agree!

MAC is a good nickname, be proud, and say it aloud!

I was going to ask you earlier - since you mentioned being from near Glasgow -  if you followed either one of them. Now it sounds like kind of a personal question. :) 

The funny part is that I've been aware of them both since the early 70's (thought that Celtic's logo/uniforms were really cool, but you can't beat blue - so I was always left royally confused.) Legendary teams and I knew it was a bitter rivalry. I wanted to pick one, but had no basis for doing so, and they are so dominant in the league it seemed pointless to pick anyone else. Left in a limbo of being pleased to see either do well in international competition, but not following the league much at all. But until reading up on them for fun last year, I had absolutely NO idea about the Irish/religious tie in, nor the cruelty and hatred that goes along with it. Quite off-putting all-together.