Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Your Username Part II ?

braveheartcolt

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Colts Fan in Michigan...and it ain't easy here in Lion country with lots of displaced cheeseheads too!

tell me about it, I live, 4 miles north of Detroit, and when Practiced & not disabled, their training facility was just minutes away from my office 

Moved to lion country for my surgical residency training

Sheffield. It's Sheffield, North England. You can say it you know, even though you are clearly embarrassed. MAC will give you some support!

Ha ha, I live in continued exile in the North. One day I might be allowed south of Birmingham again. 

Actually it's not too bad a place to live and as I've just bought my first house up here I'm in sever danger of putting down roots. Came up to Uni at 18 and just never left, strange accents and all on the whole the people are nice and there's plenty around to do.

Heh. I actually just changed mine. It used to be CRHUGHES : first initial, middle initial, last name. Genius, right?

But, I decided it was time for a change. Fight Like Sin is the name of the band I play in, but I feel like it also lends itself to Colts football. I heard the term used by a southern gentleman who said "That boy's got fight like sin!" It's a reference to how hard a person works or how much "fight" someone has in them to achieve their goal.

Mine is derived from a great video game. lol

A few years back, I became paranoid that my old username was too easy to track down. A simple google search revealed every place that I frequented on the internet, every hobby, every picture, etc. I decided to pick a username that was more ambiguous and I loved the game and movie so it fit well.

Heh. I actually just changed mine. It used to be CRHUGHES : first initial, middle initial, last name. Genius, right?

But, I decided it was time for a change. Fight Like Sin is the name of the band I play in, but I feel like it also lends itself to Colts football. I heard the term used by a southern gentleman who said "That boy's got fight like sin!" It's a reference to how hard a person works or how much "fight" someone has in them to achieve their goal.

I was wondering who I was going to have to Fight like Sin to see why I did not know who Fight like Sin was after his 1476 posts!!!  :)

You're actually IN that band? Like, the progessive rock band Happy the Man?

Anyways, Vance is the last name my dad chose when he became a DJ. And I was born in 1987.

Yepper, founding member and the bass player since 1972.

www.everythinghappytheman.com

for the scoop.

ColtsHappy

I was wondering who I was going to have to Fight like Sin to see why I did not know who Fight like Sin was after his 1476 posts!!!   :)

hehe. yeah, I didn't want to a make a big deal about it, but I figured the regulars would eventually catch on or utilize the "Display Name History" function on my profile to put it together.

GNET550

GNET- High school nickname, favorite NBA player is Kevin Garnett and my name is Garrett, so my friends came up with GNET

5- is KG's number, as well as David Wright my favorite baseball players number, and my favorite number

50- Was my high school basketball jersey number

I wanted to have a name that sounded related to the team...and that stood for battle, which is what my team does every football Sunday.

Est. 1997.

WH, your 2nd line reminds me of a famous vineyard that's been in your famous family for generations. What time does the next tour start & can we get a taste of your latest wine samples?  haha  :thmup:

Mine well coney island was divided into 26 bays, maybe 28  , my favorite hangout was on the first one ( located & extending from   before and at  where the boardwalk started )  when growing up and in Med school, u learn alot treating burn woulds from people that were cooking, and as beach Dr so to speak was given a parking spot too 

Thus bayone

My user name is straight forward. I took a few graduate school classes on the 4 corners region of the American Southwest [Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, & Utah & I became fascinated with Navaho & Hopi Indians & the entire culture & pueblo architecture there.

family-vacations-in-new-mexico-taos-pueb

I'm a Colts Fan in Michigan...and it ain't easy here in Lion country with lots of displaced cheeseheads too!

like using stuff from childood, brings back memories thats why bayone as explained

also from my youth , off topic but will never forget

My 2 Hamsters were named Unifax & Drybeery

Weird Yes, but really grew up Colt & Dodger fan

Uni / fax = unitas & Koufax

Dry / beery = Don Drysdale & Ray Beery

I thought liking posts so they would have "Nobody likes this" next to them would be funny. I had the full intent of changing it ASAP, but I never did. So now I'm Nobody. I've started using the name elsewhere, too.

My favorite one....I still laugh every time.....and I always want to write..."Nobody Likes This"   :funny:

See and I cannot even LIKE this...

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day  :)

My user name is straight forward. I took a few graduate school classes on the 4 corners region of the American Southwest [Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, & Utah & I became fascinated with Navaho & Hopi Indians & the entire culture & pueblo architecture there.

family-vacations-in-new-mexico-taos-pueb

using a magnifying glass can see some Navaho Peublo ruins  , that is the People as I believe they call themselves,  with petroglyphs of ancient aliens

First initial of first name, first three of last name and the year i was born

No matter how many times I accurately read your user name, I still think "IVAN", and imagine that you are from eastern europe or the like. :P

I can see where an Ivan influence might come into play on jvan's name. Either than or Ivan Drago from Rocky IV. Balboa's main adversary. Just Kidding! Jvan is alright in my book.  :thmup:

http://youtu.be/hAaue0rNjl0

I thought liking posts so they would have "Nobody likes this" next to them would be funny. I had the full intent of changing it ASAP, but I never did. So now I'm Nobody. I've started using the name elsewhere, too.

I always get a little confused if you are telling me my post is stupid or if you actually like it even though your name projects the humor in an ill light. Either way I always laugh. Mission accomplished, sir.

using a magnifying glass can see some Navaho Peublo ruins , that is the People as I believe they call themselves, with petroglyphs of ancient aliens

:thinking: people have called me bizarre & out of this world sometimes. Perhaps, I was found near Area 51 & my mom never told me. haha That explains a lot including my Navaho & Anasazi civilization fixations. :lol: It probably also underscores why I like Star Wars, Star Trek, & science fiction novels in general too. Just Kidding!!

Mine is derived from a great video game. lol

I decided to pick a username that was more ambiguous and I loved the game and movie so it fit well.

To me, that username reminds of a Navy Seals sniper that goes on wet work missions. Not a true reflection on you naturally I'm sure.  My youngest  nephew Wyatt has that XBOX game. He's pretty good at it too SilentHill.

I was formerly known as 1handclapping, then when the forum changed i went with openwindow because I was so sick and tired of the media and Jags fans always saying that the Colts window was closing. When you have Peyton Manning the window is always open, little did I know that my beloved Manning would be gone, never the less I'd say the window still open for the Colts to make many more runs at a title. It is a pretty dumb name, but what the heck?

:thinking: people have called me bizarre & out of this world sometimes. Perhaps, I was found near Area 51 & my mom never told me. haha That explains a lot including my Navaho & Anasazi civilization fixations. :lol: It probably also underscores why I like Star Wars, Star Trek, & science fiction novels in general too. Just Kidding!!

so that was u screaming in the cubicle next to me, I still feel those probes, I just wish I knew how i was being levitated  before induced  sleep studies

Ha ha, I live in continued exile in the North. One day I might be allowed south of Birmingham again. 

Actually it's not too bad a place to live and as I've just bought my first house up here I'm in sever danger of putting down roots. Came up to Uni at 18 and just never left, strange accents and all on the whole the people are nice and there's plenty around to do.

aha... I'm from Gary, In. which is a former steel city... now its just steal city, as in "you can steal from me what you want, just don't kill me." I actually moved a few miles out of town, but my Grams won't move away for anything... believe it or not, Gary has a strange, elusive kind of beauty that bands people together in a way I haven't found anywhere else... as the only Caucasian in my school (not exaggerating, except for my brothers and sisters I was the only one) one might think that I would have had a tough time because I was different, but it wasn't really like that...

I have read stories about Birmingham and Sheffield (mostly from Black Sabbath and Judas Priest bios as well as W.H. Auden poems) seems like a very tough area to grow up in (at least in the 60's) but those places are the ones that burn themselves into your soul... the suburbs seem so plastic after experiencing some authentic life.. 

buccolts, on 11 Feb 2013 - 18:41, said:

Combination of my two favorite sports teams, from my favorite sports.

Not in any particular order, but the order it's in SOUNDS like a sir name from my ancestry.

1 inquiry & 1 comment buccolts: Colts=Indianapolis Colts Buc=Tampa Bay Bucs or Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA? I'm assuming the NFL Bucs in Florida correct?

1 comment: I like your avatar/profile picture. Where is it from? What was your inspiration? Not enough people where sophisticated hats in photographs anymore. Nice selection IMO. :hat: