Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you could add any player to the Colts

BProland85

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JJ Watt

Im not sure why more people arent going with him. I factor age into the equation, and he will only be 24 when the season starts, and we would also be taking him from our division rival. Plus he would be perfect at 3-4 DE for us making everyone else on the DL better.

Agreed. He is not better than Revis.

But my pick would be Calvin Johnson..the guy is just UNSTOPABLE!! (AP is a well)

hmm Calvin great butter unstoppable is an false his break out year in 2011-12 season was due to lack of preparation for defenses during through lockout people weren't in shape second 2012-2013 yeah be broke jerry rice's record yet scored only 5 touchdowns Hilton scored more than him that being said Calvin was completely shutdown in the redzone and also dropped a couple tds.

hmm Calvin great butter unstoppable is an false his break out year in 2011-12 season was due to lack of preparation for defenses during through lockout people weren't in shape second 2012-2013 yeah be broke jerry rice's record yet scored only 5 touchdowns Hilton scored more than him that being said Calvin was completely shutdown in the redzone and also dropped a couple tds.

lol the last two seasons he has been unstopable! He broke jerry rice's record! A record that stood for a long time, and one that many thought wouldnt be broken. You mentioned "yet he only scored 5 td's"  and he got shut down in the redzone....hmmm I would Imagine it would be VERY  diificult to score in such a small area when your being doubled in trippled teamed dont ya think?? Not to mention he is really the only Legitimate threat on that Lions team, so he is doubled and trippled team for about 95% of the game. And please don't even put him and TY in the sentence bc him scoring more td's is relevant when you look at the overall production and amount of coverage Calvin has to beat just to make one catch. Lastly, you said he dropped a couple tds yeah he did but telll me person who hasnt dropped a td pass..(TY surely did) :blueshoe:

Touchdowns are determined by opportunities. The Lions didn't get to the redzone much. His touchdowns are not a reflection on the type of receiver he is.

I think I would go with Von Miller. He's a great athlete and plays a position of critical importance to the 3-4 hybrid. He can play standing up or with his hand down and he's arguably the best at his position and he's in his prime. Miller can do it all. He can rush the passer, stop the run and cover in the pass game.

1. JJ Watt

2. Calvin Johnson

3. Joe Thomas

4. Darrell Revis

5. Adrian Peterson

6. Charles Tillman

7. A.J Green

8. Ryan Clady

9. Maurice Jones Drew

10. Haloti Ngata

No Von Miller even in your top 10? MJD has way too much mileage for my taste. Revis has some miles. Charles Tillman? Boy I just think Von Miller(aka Derrick Thomas part 2)is a fantastic piece to any defense.

My Top 10:

1. AJ Green ( #1 WR for us when Reggie Retires)

2. Sam & Emmanuel Acho

3. Earl Thomas (Wouldn't mind playing SS for us cause he played it a bit at Texas)

4. Von Miller

5. The RB with the Dreads on the Packers. He reminds me of Bob Sanders haha but idk his name

6. Patrick Peterson

7. Top RT to help protect Luck

8. Dunlap from the Bengals. Love his physicality & size

9. JJ Swat

10. A Top Offensive Guard to protect Andrew Luck