•  

Photo

Chase Thomas or Brandon Jenkins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 RealityIsLuck

RealityIsLuck
  • 613 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Who would YOU rather have?

In Grigson I trust. 

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 trailertrash

trailertrash
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Tough call...I'll take Chase Thomas simply because he's better in coverage (or so I hear) and is a good run stopper (nowhere near Anthony Spencer but still good). Also, Stanford's my Alma Mater so I guess I'm biased. 

#3 GoColts00

GoColts00
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

of the two...

probably chase thomas. jenkins has a lisfranc fracture and those can be tricky. i know freeney had one and was able to come back from it, but he was proven. jenkins is in the draft.

#4 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16344 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Brandon Jenkins for what we need

Thomas looks to have trouble shedding blockers, inconsistent diagnosing run or pass, he is good at avoiding a block, I think a pure finesse pass rusher who needs to work on his hand use, can get a jump on the ball but I would not say an explosive first step, 248lbs sounds like a 4-3 OLB to me, I just dont see him being a high motor pass rushing threat that would wreck an opposing teams game plan or cause an opposing team to lose alot of a sleep over, can drop back in a short Zone and cover

Brandon Jenkins- Has an explosive first step, uses his hands well to get separation, takes consistent good angles to the ball carrier, excellent closing speed, draws attention from other blockers (someone that has to be gameplanned against). Needs work playing the run, Good instincts reacting pre snap and post snap, Not someone I's ask to drop back in Zone coverage much

#5 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6724 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

As a longtime Stanford fan, I'd take Jenkins.

A more explosive athlete and that's what the OLB position at the NFL level must have.

Thomas' game is heart, hustle, desire, motor, smarts and will.

But it's not speed, quickness, explosiveness, power or athleticism.    For me in that spot,  that's what I want.

If Chase could play the Inside then his skill set would be a much better match.   But for the outside,  I want the athlete.

I didn't go to Stanford like TrailerTrash,  but I've followed the school for 40 years.   Clearly I love it and I love Chase Thomas.

But I'm not convinced his game will translate well to the NFL.   I easily could be wrong,  but if given a choice, I'll take Jenkins.    (assuming he's healthy)

#6 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5369 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

It's not even close. It Brandon Jenkins hands down.

#7 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 2826 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Would rather have Chase Thomas he's much better against the run and Jenkins is coming off of an injury.

#8 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6662 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

I'm like Htown, Jenkins and it's not close IMO. Jenkins is bigger, stronger, faster, and more explosive.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#9 throwingBBS

throwingBBS
  • 2575 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

half of me wants to say... the other 2/3 says... jenkins won`t be an option

#10 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6724 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

One more thought on this Jenkins/Thomas debate....

Thomas does have an advantage for the Colts....    he plays in a 3-4.

Jenkins plays in a 4-3 for FSU....   and not every OLB in a 4-3 can make the change-over to a 3-4 OLB.

This issue could be the decider.    And to the poster who said Jenkins might not be around at the bottom of the 3rd,  you're right.   But, the injury might push him down, or,  we might trade-up a bit to try and get him.    Just thinking out loud.....

#11 Mameluc

Mameluc
  • 1970 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

can Chase play inside? we need someone to cover TE's D: 

#12 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6724 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

can Chase play inside? we need someone to cover TE's D: 

The honest answer is......

I really don't know.....

Sorry I can't be of more help on this question....    but I certainly am curious as to the answer....

#13 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5369 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'll rather have OLB Trent Murphy from Stanford over Chase Thomas. But Murphy decided to return for his senior season though

#14 trailertrash

trailertrash
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

I'll rather have OLB Trent Murphy from Stanford over Chase Thomas. But Murphy decided to return for his senior season though

He;s projected for the late 1st round next year, so maybe next year...

#15 FalseStart

FalseStart
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Minter, Ogletree, Jones, Thomas, Brown, Porter, Te'o, Jenkins, Jelani Jenkins LBs... in that order.

#16 gacker65

gacker65
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Would like us to take Jenkins over Thomas.

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates