Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many Superbowl titles will the Colts win in the next 5 seasons.

SilentHill

How many SB's will the Colts win in next 5 seasons?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. How many superbowl titles will the colts win in the next 5 seasons?

If we have the same talent level in five years, grigson will be out of work

haha yes he will.  I think it will improve, but I'm talking about great talent.  Polian did a bad job later on in Indy, but he did draft some sensationally talented players (peyton, wayne, freeney, mathis to name a few).  All the SB winners have had sensational talents over the last 5 years or so.  Part of this all involves some luck (no not that Luck), you just don't know how a player will turn out.  If we can draft a few pro bowlers over the next few years, then I'll change my expectations.  Only guys on our current roster who I think will be able to become pro bowlers are Hilton and Luck.

I voted 1, but even that is likely optimistic.

They've won one in 30 seasons or so in Indy and Manning only won 1 in all his seasons here.  I think anything more than one is a more wishful thinking then anything else.  It's not often that teams win 2 in 5 seasons.  They might get lucky and play in 2, but the odds of them winning that many in the next 5 seasons are very slim.

1 SB in large part due to the necessity for a great o-line, an intimating pass rush, a bend but not break secondary, & a reliable running game with a special team's unit that shortens the field for you & pins your adversary deep. Championships are hard to come by. Just ask Jim Kelly & Dan Marino.

Also, I'm a little worried about a new OC for Luck in his Sophomore NFL season. Yes, Luck will adjust, but a QB's 2nd year often can lead to either a great stride forward or a gigantic step backward.  

Alright...I voted 0. Super Bowls aren't easy to win. Since 1998, Peyton Manning has only won a single championship. I'm not knocking him, but using him as an example to show it's not easy.

We have no idea what our team will be even next year. Freeney is likely gone, Reggie is another year older. Our offensive line is horrible...I know people say we'll draft and sign FAs, but nothing is a sure bet.

I expect us to win at least 1 in the next 10 years....but I think 5 may not be long enough for our entire team to come together.

Alright...I voted 0. Super Bowls aren't easy to win. Since 1998, Peyton Manning has only won a single championship. I'm not knocking him, but using him as an example to show it's not easy.

We have no idea what our team will be even next year. Freeney is likely gone, Reggie is another year older. Our offensive line is horrible...I know people say we'll draft and sign FAs, but nothing is a sure bet.

I expect us to win at least 1 in the next 10 years....but I think 5 may not be long enough for our entire team to come together.

I know some don't like to hear it, but I blame this on Polian. He either ignored the trenches or drafted less than mediocre talent for those positions. If Manning would have had a good defense and a better running game, I think he easily would have at least 2 more rings. I don't think Grigson is going to make the same mistakes.

ME, who NEVER thought they'd make the playoffs this season said 0. Winning SB is rarified air, and lots of good teams don't make the game, let alone win it. Hope I'm wrong - I'll be cheering all the same regardless. Plus, I told myself back in 1984 if they ever won one, I will be happy. I am not going to be greedy.

So many things need to go right for us to win the SB.

I do believe that it will take us another year to get the pieces we want and flush out most of the Polian picks that do not fit our offense and/or defense. It will take 2 years more from now for new O-line pieces to play well together and in 2014, with the AFC North and NFC East on our schedule, I think we will come out of it battle tested and will win it all as either a #2 or #3 seed. :)

Repeating is hard, and 2015 might be easier to get back to the AFCCG again (depends on Luck's new contract because he is the only rookie we will extend by then) but getting to the SB might be tough. 2016 is when we have to re-sign several rookies, so I expect a small step backwards then.

So, we will win it all in year 3 and have 2 AFCCG appearances and 1 SB in the next 5 years.

Eli, Big Ben and Flacco have won Super Bowls and they are considered on a level beneath Manning and Brady. I think Luck will be as good or better than those 3, so it all depends on Grigson to give us the horses.  Is Grigson gonna be on a level with Ozzie Newsome, Jerry Reese and Kevin Colbert?  If he is, then I think we win at least 2 Super Bowls.  If not, then we might get lucky and get 1.  

Well it might not happen but it has always been more fun for me to be optimistic. I was optimistic last offseason we would contend for a WC spot or at the least be better then many expected and it happened. We don't know what moves we might make on the team either yet but I have always had a VERY good feeling about this era......whether it ends up in a SB title sooner then we hope or ever at all remains to be seen. I love the Pagano/Luck combination. I absolutely love it.

IMO the AFC is ready to be plucked by someone new and fresh...a young QB ready to take over the conference. Maybe it is too soon for us to pluck it but maybe not. :hat: Time will tell and we will write our own destiny again and always have faith in them.

Next year. :strong: The Colts shock the NFL world and win it all while New York snow falls upon their  :blueshoe: 's as they conquer the NFC Champions with heart and talent. :luv:

I can already see it now. The Ravens won it all and the following year Chuck gets his ring finally.

It's so beautiful. :worthy:

Well you don't know the future of the team, so it's hard to predict on how many Superbowl titles the Colts will win.

I do.  We win 7 and Roger Goodell renames the trophy The Lombardi-Luck Trophy. (Yes, Goodell becomes the most beloved commisioner of all time).

Other things that happen:  Tom Brady admits he was a woman the whole time, and Peyton Manning buys Ecuador with his Papa John money.

I voted zero under the assumption that this poll is about actual expectations, not bold statements of faith or wishful thinking. What I actually "want" is quite different (although it wouldn't please 100% of those on here either.).

In any conversation about Super Bowl wins, I tend to remind people of how many teams there are in the league. You are average if you win one every THIRTY-TWO years - and the rules are designed to encourage exactly that. There are no Yankees or Heat in the NFL. I consider it unrealistic to expect ANY NFL team to win it - EVER - much less to project a young team to improve until they are historically notable (as even two championships in five years suggests).

The Colts appear to have a projectable advantage over many teams IF Luck develops (he's terrific for his age but has a LONG way to go), and IF the front office consistently improves the team around him (I'm FAR from sold on Grigson to this point). But even if all that goes as we hope it only puts the Colts "in the conversation". You still have to hope that the wind is blowing the right way when your chance comes, avoid injuries, avoid lessor opponents who happen to match up well against you, as well as a litany of other possible problems - all while hoping that none of the other 31 teams has done a better job of building a team than you have. It's not like everyone promises to stay stagnant while the Colts improve. At least the other leagues have seven game series's which helps the creme to rise to the top. Winning the Super Bowl is HARD.

We as a team have some good dollars to spend in the offseason.

We need to improve our O-line so that Luck has more time to throw.

I heard a stat on SiriusXm that blew me away. Andrew Luck was the QB that was knocked down or sacked the most. More than any other QB in the NFL

And we still ended up making the post season.

Imagine if we had a much better O-line...

If we can improve the O-line and pickup some decent pieces we have a very good chance in making the SB in the next 5 years.

You never know with these things. If you had told me Peyton Manning would win only one Super Bowl in 13 years, I would never have believed it. I think he was the best quarterback of the era, but he comes up short when you compare him to Unitas with four, Montana with four, and Brady with three. The Indianapolis fan has to be disappointed with only one win during this time frame.

Naturally, Luck has shown alot of early ability. As with Flacco, and some of the other young quarterbacks we've seen, getting a team to the Super Bowl in five can be tough. There is Roethlisberger and Brady, so you never know, but there is also Matt Ryan. I'm not sure about the Indy cap situation at the time, but I may have held onto Peyton another two years, as you would have had a better chance at a Super Bowl. You can't blame him in Denver, as he wasn't the safety on that play against Jacoby Jones.

I chose 1 because I think the Colts management will do a better job putting a complete team around Luck and Luck appears entirely capable of being as great as Peyton Manning.  I would predict the super bowl win in year 4 or 5 with no repeat which is extremely hard to do.

I have said that we need to do something about our defense for years and still think this is the case.  However, we are not going anywhere if Luck is on his backside as much as he was in 2012.  We have to get an O-line together quickly (this year) and sort out the defense over the next few years.  GO COLTS!

1 or 2, I voted 2 because I'm an optimist.

To say that it takes 3 or 4 years get from making the playoffs to even having a shot at winning the Super Bowl is kinda silly in the free agency era, when you have a guy who looks like he'll be a great QB.  Good management and coaching can make a team that had been terrible into one with deep playoff run potential in 2, maybe 3, years, and we're already 1 year into that.