Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many Superbowl titles will the Colts win in the next 5 seasons.

SilentHill

How many SB's will the Colts win in next 5 seasons?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. How many superbowl titles will the colts win in the next 5 seasons?

Like the poll states, how many SB titles do you think the Colts will win in the next 5 seasons. and state why you chose your number.

I voted 2. I think with the talent we have, we are not that far off. We win 2 SB titles in the next 5 seasons.

Two seems pretty ambitious. If we can win one, that would be a huge success

Still have to much building to do.  I would love to see 1, but to many things need to get done before that happens.

I don't think were as far away as you may think. I honestly believe with a solid O-line and a couple of upgrades on defense, this team can compete with any team in the league and could easily compete for a Super Bowl as early as next season if these weak area's are able to be upgraded this offseason. With that said, its hard to tell right now if we can get those upgrades this offseason or if it will take another offseason to get the upgrades. Either way, I think this team is 2 yrs.(tops) away from competing yr. in and yr. out for a Super Bowl.

I don't think were as far away as you may think. I honestly believe with a solid O-line and a couple of upgrades on defense, this team can compete with any team in the league and could easily compete for a Super Bowl as early as next season if these weak area's are able to be upgraded this offseason. With that said, its hard to tell right now if we can get those upgrades this offseason or if it will take another offseason to get the upgrades. Either way, I think this team is 2 yrs.(tops) away from competing yr. in and yr. out for a Super Bowl.

I think we are farther then most of us will admit.  I know that alot of people on the Forum believe we have a good Receiving corps, but when it all comes out, our Receiving corps is lacking.  After Reggie, we have nothing but Slot receivers.  If Reggie goes down, we are in trouble.  We had no Red Zone Offense.

We need to sort through our D-line and get them healthy.  Can't wait to see Chapman play and who is going to be on each side, but they need to take it to the next level.

Our LB corps needs to get sorted out and we need Freeney's replacement.

The only reliable DB we have is Bethea.  If Davis is going to be worth that 2nd round we gave up, then he needs to stay on the field, lower his penalties , and step-up his play.  The rest of the CBs and Safeties need to be replaced, which will hurt us for a few years.

Our O-line needs lots of help.  AC played good, but needs to step-up his game.  Liked what I saw out of Shipley, but we need to replace the rest.  I have read on the Forum that Justice Should be kept and to start.  I agree when he first came out he was goo and when he can play he is good but, he has been hurt for the last few years and that has affcted his play- so keep him as a back-up.

Ballard surprised me.  Knew he was good in College, but had a bad Senior Bowl and an Average Combine, so was not sold on him, but he played very well.  Brown is good when in, but when in is the main problem.  The rest were jusy there.

Allen played very well, but Fleener was everything I expected- good in College and unremarkable in the Pros.

Did not plan to go this long, but this is how I seen this season and the reasons we will not get to the SB at the earliest till year 5.

I think we are farther then most of us will admit.  I know that alot of people on the Forum believe we have a good Receiving corps, but when it all comes out, our Receiving corps is lacking.  After Reggie, we have nothing but Slot receivers.  If Reggie goes down, we are in trouble.  We had no Red Zone Offense. This will be addressed with our TE's that will be utilized they way they were intended. The WCO utilizes the TE's much more and will make up for the slot receivers we have. Fleener is more of a big WR than a TE with very good speed and athleticism. Our WR corps. are in better shape than many think.

We need to sort through our D-line and get them healthy.  Can't wait to see Chapman play and who is going to be on each side, but they need to take it to the next level. We need to add another DE and we'll resign Moala IMO who is pretty good as a 3-4 DE, not great but good.

Our LB corps needs to get sorted out and we need Freeney's replacement. I agree, and will probably be addressed with a FA.

The only reliable DB we have is Bethea.  If Davis is going to be worth that 2nd round we gave up, then he needs to stay on the field, lower his penalties , and step-up his play.  The rest of the CBs and Safeties need to be replaced, which will hurt us for a few years. Davis really came on at the end of the season and if we add a guy like Cary Williams and draft another guy we'll be fine with our DB's.

Our O-line needs lots of help.  AC played good, but needs to step-up his game.  Liked what I saw out of Shipley, but we need to replace the rest.  I have read on the Forum that Justice Should be kept and to start.  I agree when he first came out he was goo and when he can play he is good but, he has been hurt for the last few years and that has affcted his play- so keep him as a back-up. Everybody knows that this is the biggest weakness and will be priority number 1 this offseason.

Ballard surprised me.  Knew he was good in College, but had a bad Senior Bowl and an Average Combine, so was not sold on him, but he played very well.  Brown is good when in, but when in is the main problem.  The rest were jusy there. With an improved O-line we'll see a much improved running game. RB's are a dime a dozen and an easy position to fill at any time.

Allen played very well, but Fleener was everything I expected- good in College and unremarkable in the Pros. Like I said earlier, Fleener will show significant improvement this yr. running an offense that will properly utilize him and he is familiar with.

Did not plan to go this long, but this is how I seen this season and the reasons we will not get to the SB at the earliest till year 5. It may take 5 yrs. but not because of a lack of talent. simply because it's very hard to get there in the first place.

Super Bowl winners have lots of quality players who have been in the league for awhile and have played together.

We will have a huge turnover the next few seasons with FA`s and draft picks as we acquire our kind of players.

That would make winning a SB by year 5 a MONUMENTAL task. We certainly have a shot at being in one and then....

If we get our act together, maybe one. Zero if we continue fielding a bottom 5 pass blocking O-line year after year.

Overall player skill and coaching aside, it takes a great deal of fortune to win the SB no matter how good your team is. How  the ball bounces, how many horsecrap calls go for or against you, etc. 

Zebras are far more impactful on the outcome of games in modern football than they should be. Rules might be enforced one game, then the rulebook is turned on its head and largely ignored in another. Not to mention the amount of favoritism one team seems to often get over another.

I say zero for the fact they are extremely hard to achieve.

Two in Luck's career would be a HUGE achievement.

Plus we don't even know if our team will be good for the next five years. I always go with assume the worst and hope for the best.

Very true, they are really hard to achieve, but the Steelers did it (2), and so did the Giants (2), so who knows!

Alright, I'm waiting to hear why some voted 0.

supremecoltsfan300, BigMcAfeeWithCheese, Holden89?

As the team is now, I don't think we're good enough.

Luck showed a ton of promise, and he'll probably turn into a top 8 qb during that 5 year span, but how good will the rest of the team be? We went through a decade with the best qb and won just one SB. It's hard to win the SB, and takes a whole team playing well during the postseason.  I don't think we have any shot the next two years (realistically), and so then reggie is gone at that point.  Mathis will probably be well past his prime too.  

I do think we have some good young players, but I don't know if any of them will be pro-bowl level.

If the question was for a 10 year span, then I would say yes, we probably will one.  But for the next 4 years I still see Peyton, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers all playing at an elite level.  It's going to be hard to win the SB the next five years.  I do think we'll be in at least one afc championship during that 5 year span.  And once you're there, anything can happen, so it's possible.

I just don't personally expect to win the SB in the next 5 years with the current talent level.

As the team is now, I don't think we're good enough.

Luck showed a ton of promise, and he'll probably turn into a top 8 qb during that 5 year span, but how good will the rest of the team be? We went through a decade with the best qb and won just one SB. It's hard to win the SB, and takes a whole team playing well during the postseason. I don't think we have any shot the next two years (realistically), and so then reggie is gone at that point. Mathis will probably be well past his prime too.

I do think we have some good young players, but I don't know if any of them will be pro-bowl level.

If the question was for a 10 year span, then I would say yes, we probably will one. But for the next 4 years I still see Peyton, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers all playing at an elite level. It's going to be hard to win the SB the next five years. I do think we'll be in at least one afc championship during that 5 year span. And once you're there, anything can happen, so it's possible.

I just don't personally expect to win the SB in the next 5 years with the current talent level.

If we have the same talent level in five years, grigson will be out of work

If the FO does it's job, Luck progresses into a top-tier QB, and the team stays healthy, there is a solid chance we win one in year 4 or 5 of Luck's contract (so 2015 or 2016). Reason I say this is because we will have a top-tier QB for relative chump change, allowing us to keep a core of young talent that will grow with Luck mixed with veterans to supplement year 5 will be a boost in salary as is for Luck but up until then he is extremely low cost). Once we have to pay Luck his second contract, the cap will become much harder to manage, making it more difficult to keep top notch talent  outside of the QB position on the roster.  

The team must address turnover ratio or else 11-5 will quickly turn into 8-8 or worse.