Photo

How many Superbowl titles will the Colts win in the next 5 seasons.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

Poll: How many SB's will the Colts win in next 5 seasons? (129 member(s) have cast votes)

How many superbowl titles will the colts win in the next 5 seasons?

1. 0 (19 votes [14.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.73%

2. 1 (62 votes [48.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.06%

3. 2 (34 votes [26.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.36%

4. 3 (1 votes [0.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.78%

5. 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. 5 (13 votes [10.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3542 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Like the poll states, how many SB titles do you think the Colts will win in the next 5 seasons. and state why you chose your number.

I voted 2. I think with the talent we have, we are not that far off. We win 2 SB titles in the next 5 seasons.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 10764 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Like the poll states, how many SB titles do you think the Colts will win in the next 5 seasons. and state why you chose your number.

I voted 2. I think with the talent we have, we are not that far off. We win 2 SB titles in the next 5 seasons.

Two seems pretty ambitious. If we can win one, that would be a huge success

#3 FanFromtheWasteland

FanFromtheWasteland
  • 638 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

I said 1 in probably year 4 or 5.  Will probably take that long to build a strong contending team and Brady and Manning will be on the way out.

#4 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

Im being very optimistic when I say 1. Super Bowls are extremely hard to get to and even harder to win. 

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#5 gacker65

gacker65
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Still have to much building to do.  I would love to see 1, but to many things need to get done before that happens.

#6 NewEra

NewEra
  • 4229 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

I can see 1, 2 would be really hard but anything is possible
Colts fan for 20+ years. Was Colts4Lyfe on forums years and 5 or so different sites ago. Been lurking around ever since. Decided to rejoin to bond with my fellow fans in our time of need. Really excited at what lies ahead!!

#7 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 13479 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Well, once Manning and Brady retire we'll probably have a lot of playoff success. I'll say we win one in year 4 and another in year 8-10 though it's hard to guess so far into the future.

A useful website for when you are debating:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#8 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Still have to much building to do.  I would love to see 1, but to many things need to get done before that happens.

I don't think were as far away as you may think. I honestly believe with a solid O-line and a couple of upgrades on defense, this team can compete with any team in the league and could easily compete for a Super Bowl as early as next season if these weak area's are able to be upgraded this offseason. With that said, its hard to tell right now if we can get those upgrades this offseason or if it will take another offseason to get the upgrades. Either way, I think this team is 2 yrs.(tops) away from competing yr. in and yr. out for a Super Bowl.

#9 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6087 posts

we'll be even more hated than the dastardly patriots after we win the next five consecutive super bowls

#10 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13487 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Six :)
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#11 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1212 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Wow talk about presumptuous. We have a shot to win one in about I'd say 3-4 years and that is more than a lot of teams can say.

#12 gacker65

gacker65
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

I don't think were as far away as you may think. I honestly believe with a solid O-line and a couple of upgrades on defense, this team can compete with any team in the league and could easily compete for a Super Bowl as early as next season if these weak area's are able to be upgraded this offseason. With that said, its hard to tell right now if we can get those upgrades this offseason or if it will take another offseason to get the upgrades. Either way, I think this team is 2 yrs.(tops) away from competing yr. in and yr. out for a Super Bowl.

I think we are farther then most of us will admit.  I know that alot of people on the Forum believe we have a good Receiving corps, but when it all comes out, our Receiving corps is lacking.  After Reggie, we have nothing but Slot receivers.  If Reggie goes down, we are in trouble.  We had no Red Zone Offense.

We need to sort through our D-line and get them healthy.  Can't wait to see Chapman play and who is going to be on each side, but they need to take it to the next level.

Our LB corps needs to get sorted out and we need Freeney's replacement.

The only reliable DB we have is Bethea.  If Davis is going to be worth that 2nd round we gave up, then he needs to stay on the field, lower his penalties , and step-up his play.  The rest of the CBs and Safeties need to be replaced, which will hurt us for a few years.

Our O-line needs lots of help.  AC played good, but needs to step-up his game.  Liked what I saw out of Shipley, but we need to replace the rest.  I have read on the Forum that Justice Should be kept and to start.  I agree when he first came out he was goo and when he can play he is good but, he has been hurt for the last few years and that has affcted his play- so keep him as a back-up.

Ballard surprised me.  Knew he was good in College, but had a bad Senior Bowl and an Average Combine, so was not sold on him, but he played very well.  Brown is good when in, but when in is the main problem.  The rest were jusy there.

Allen played very well, but Fleener was everything I expected- good in College and unremarkable in the Pros.

Did not plan to go this long, but this is how I seen this season and the reasons we will not get to the SB at the earliest till year 5.

#13 Jon Daily

Jon Daily
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

We will be the first team ever to fivepeat.

#14 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 8334 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

lets get our first playoff win under luck before we start talking about super bowls

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3542 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

lets get our first playoff win under luck before we start talking about super bowls

What fun would that be?

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#16 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I think we are farther then most of us will admit.  I know that alot of people on the Forum believe we have a good Receiving corps, but when it all comes out, our Receiving corps is lacking.  After Reggie, we have nothing but Slot receivers.  If Reggie goes down, we are in trouble.  We had no Red Zone Offense. This will be addressed with our TE's that will be utilized they way they were intended. The WCO utilizes the TE's much more and will make up for the slot receivers we have. Fleener is more of a big WR than a TE with very good speed and athleticism. Our WR corps. are in better shape than many think.

We need to sort through our D-line and get them healthy.  Can't wait to see Chapman play and who is going to be on each side, but they need to take it to the next level. We need to add another DE and we'll resign Moala IMO who is pretty good as a 3-4 DE, not great but good.

Our LB corps needs to get sorted out and we need Freeney's replacement. I agree, and will probably be addressed with a FA.

The only reliable DB we have is Bethea.  If Davis is going to be worth that 2nd round we gave up, then he needs to stay on the field, lower his penalties , and step-up his play.  The rest of the CBs and Safeties need to be replaced, which will hurt us for a few years. Davis really came on at the end of the season and if we add a guy like Cary Williams and draft another guy we'll be fine with our DB's.

Our O-line needs lots of help.  AC played good, but needs to step-up his game.  Liked what I saw out of Shipley, but we need to replace the rest.  I have read on the Forum that Justice Should be kept and to start.  I agree when he first came out he was goo and when he can play he is good but, he has been hurt for the last few years and that has affcted his play- so keep him as a back-up. Everybody knows that this is the biggest weakness and will be priority number 1 this offseason.

Ballard surprised me.  Knew he was good in College, but had a bad Senior Bowl and an Average Combine, so was not sold on him, but he played very well.  Brown is good when in, but when in is the main problem.  The rest were jusy there. With an improved O-line we'll see a much improved running game. RB's are a dime a dozen and an easy position to fill at any time.

Allen played very well, but Fleener was everything I expected- good in College and unremarkable in the Pros. Like I said earlier, Fleener will show significant improvement this yr. running an offense that will properly utilize him and he is familiar with.

Did not plan to go this long, but this is how I seen this season and the reasons we will not get to the SB at the earliest till year 5. It may take 5 yrs. but not because of a lack of talent. simply because it's very hard to get there in the first place.

#17 throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ
  • 3255 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Super Bowl winners have lots of quality players who have been in the league for awhile and have played together.

We will have a huge turnover the next few seasons with FA`s and draft picks as we acquire our kind of players.

That would make winning a SB by year 5 a MONUMENTAL task. We certainly have a shot at being in one and then....

#18 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2086 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

To think last year at this time, we were wondering if we had a chance at 5 wins in 2012.

How only a year can change everything. :)

#19 lester

lester
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Back to back. 2015 and 2016.

#20 dw49

dw49
  • 3827 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

#21 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6087 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

#22 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4328 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I'll go for one, in year 3. Reggies last game, and he goes out in a flurry of blue and white glitter......

And this 'down on Fleener' stuff is ridiculous. As rookie TE's go, the boy did fine. I can see him step up and become a real dual threat along side 'The DA'.

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#23 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3542 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Alright, I'm waiting to hear why some voted 0.

supremecoltsfan300, BigMcAfeeWithCheese, Holden89?

#24 Iron Colt

Iron Colt
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

My first post. Love the site guys. I would be happy with 1 and think it's quite possible.

#25 Moose Of Woe

Moose Of Woe
  • 2129 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

If we get our act together, maybe one. Zero if we continue fielding a bottom 5 pass blocking O-line year after year.

Overall player skill and coaching aside, it takes a great deal of fortune to win the SB no matter how good your team is. How  the ball bounces, how many horsecrap calls go for or against you, etc. 

Zebras are far more impactful on the outcome of games in modern football than they should be. Rules might be enforced one game, then the rulebook is turned on its head and largely ignored in another. Not to mention the amount of favoritism one team seems to often get over another.

#26 Fx Stryker

Fx Stryker
  • 5642 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

I say zero for the fact they are extremely hard to achieve.

Two in Luck's career would be a HUGE achievement.

Plus we don't even know if our team will be good for the next five years. I always go with assume the worst and hope for the best.

#27 MTC

MTC

#PrayForPaulGeorge

• Community Moderator
  • 6735 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Well you don't know the future of the team, so it's hard to predict on how many Superbowl titles the Colts will win.

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

#28 willysp

willysp
  • 561 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

One. 0 and 2 wouldn't surprise me. So many variables. If don't have your best game on any given day, you're done.

#29 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3542 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Well you don't know the future of the team, so it's hard to predict on how many Superbowl titles the Colts will win.

No one is asking you to be right, just for your prediction and reason.

#30 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3542 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

I say zero for the fact they are extremely hard to achieve.

Two in Luck's career would be a HUGE achievement.

Plus we don't even know if our team will be good for the next five years. I always go with assume the worst and hope for the best.

Very true, they are really hard to achieve, but the Steelers did it (2), and so did the Giants (2), so who knows!

#31 Andy

Andy
  • 8887 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Winning one would be a huge success.

Anything more than that is pushing it. It is ridiculously hard, especially these days, to win 2 SBs in a few years.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#32 ruksak

ruksak

~ I STINK ~

• 7775 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Why is there no option for 6?

#33 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 10764 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Very true, they are really hard to achieve, but the Steelers did it (2), and so did the Giants (2), so who knows!

Great defenses.. If they can make the d great, it could easily be two

#34 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6087 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

well that was helpful 

#35 supremecoltsfan300

supremecoltsfan300
  • 1239 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Alright, I'm waiting to hear why some voted 0.

supremecoltsfan300, BigMcAfeeWithCheese, Holden89?

As the team is now, I don't think we're good enough.

Luck showed a ton of promise, and he'll probably turn into a top 8 qb during that 5 year span, but how good will the rest of the team be? We went through a decade with the best qb and won just one SB. It's hard to win the SB, and takes a whole team playing well during the postseason.  I don't think we have any shot the next two years (realistically), and so then reggie is gone at that point.  Mathis will probably be well past his prime too.  

I do think we have some good young players, but I don't know if any of them will be pro-bowl level.

If the question was for a 10 year span, then I would say yes, we probably will one.  But for the next 4 years I still see Peyton, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers all playing at an elite level.  It's going to be hard to win the SB the next five years.  I do think we'll be in at least one afc championship during that 5 year span.  And once you're there, anything can happen, so it's possible.

I just don't personally expect to win the SB in the next 5 years with the current talent level.

"You can put in whatever piece you want with 18, 18 will make it work; all he says is just find your way open, I'll get the ball there. And that's where the Reggie Wayne's, the Dallas Clark's, the Marvin Harrison's; that's how dominant he is. If you take him out of the game, no disrespect to nobody else on the Colts, but you make them a very below-average ball club." -- Ray Lewis on Peyton Manning

#36 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 10764 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

As the team is now, I don't think we're good enough.
Luck showed a ton of promise, and he'll probably turn into a top 8 qb during that 5 year span, but how good will the rest of the team be? We went through a decade with the best qb and won just one SB. It's hard to win the SB, and takes a whole team playing well during the postseason. I don't think we have any shot the next two years (realistically), and so then reggie is gone at that point. Mathis will probably be well past his prime too.

I do think we have some good young players, but I don't know if any of them will be pro-bowl level.
If the question was for a 10 year span, then I would say yes, we probably will one. But for the next 4 years I still see Peyton, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers all playing at an elite level. It's going to be hard to win the SB the next five years. I do think we'll be in at least one afc championship during that 5 year span. And once you're there, anything can happen, so it's possible.

I just don't personally expect to win the SB in the next 5 years with the current talent level.

If we have the same talent level in five years, grigson will be out of work

#37 willysp

willysp
  • 561 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

No, actually it's very easy to predict.  But it's almost impossible to be accurate.  :)

#38 Larry Horseman

Larry Horseman
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

If the FO does it's job, Luck progresses into a top-tier QB, and the team stays healthy, there is a solid chance we win one in year 4 or 5 of Luck's contract (so 2015 or 2016). Reason I say this is because we will have a top-tier QB for relative chump change, allowing us to keep a core of young talent that will grow with Luck mixed with veterans to supplement year 5 will be a boost in salary as is for Luck but up until then he is extremely low cost). Once we have to pay Luck his second contract, the cap will become much harder to manage, making it more difficult to keep top notch talent  outside of the QB position on the roster.  

The team must address turnover ratio or else 11-5 will quickly turn into 8-8 or worse.

#39 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 10878 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#40 sb2001

sb2001
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Im being very optimistic when I say 1. Super Bowls are extremely hard to get to and even harder to win. 

Totally agree!   I voted 1, but my gut says zero.

WHY NOT US!

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Sep
    Bogie

South Saturn Delta - Oh my an actual Hendrix cash in with good material. Midnight/Midnight Lightning are real winners on this record.

View All Updates