Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This superbowl game cost me $500

jjcolts

My wife was devasted last night.  49ers never lost the SB till now. 

(you would have thought she would have learned from all of my heartbreak with the Colts) .

She woke up this morning and said, I can't get that last series out of my head... :( WOW.

Unfortunately we all know that feeling.

I dare not pick the game apart......so I went and bought her a Spa Package.....GEEZ!

I think she is a worse loser than I am.....or have I gotten used to it :)

(you would have thought she would have learned from all of my heartbreak with the Colts) .

She woke up this morning and said, I can't get that last series out of my head... :( WOW.

I dare not pick the game apart......so I went and bought her a Spa Package.....GEEZ!

You did the right thing. 

Do not ever forget how lucky you are to have a wife that likes football. I've tried.....man I've tried....they all want American Idol and want nothing to do with football. 

There should be an internet dating site for football fans. 

hmmmm.....I may have just figured out how to make my first million dollars. Anybody wanna help a cool guy (me) finance a start-up internet dating service for football fans? 

Anybody? 

Ruksak - that is absolutely a good way to look at this.  Our first conversation was a debate about Dallas and 49ers football...she had me then :)

Ummm...I like your idea - then we can turn it into an app and we ca make gazillion of dollars!!

Do not ever forget how lucky you are to have a wife that likes football. I've tried.....man I've tried....they all want American Idol and want nothing to do with football. 

Be careful what you ask for, ruksak.

My wife is a Pittsburgh fan and in our year-long engagement we just happened to set the date for two weekends after the Steelers knocked the Colts out of the playoffs in 2006.

I almost called it off. :lol:

Believe it or not,  it goes both ways.

I'm the Football fan in this household.  When Ron and I married 20 years ago, he could have cared less about football.

Happy to say, he is "almost" as big a fan as I am now.   Heavy on the "almost"  ;)

...oh,  and JJ,  that is awesome what you did for your wife...  Bravo.

Be careful what you ask for, ruksak.

My wife is a Pittsburgh fan and in our year-long engagement we just happened to set the date for two weekends after the Steelers knocked the Colts out of the playoffs in 2006.

I almost called it off. :lol:

OMG - that is a tough one!

jjColts, that is great what you did for your wife!

Ruksak, it sometimes goes the other way. I'm the football fan in my house; my husband hates sports! He always knew it was game day when I wore my Colts apparel . He would do computer stuff while I watched football on Sundays, would even tape the game on the Sundays I had to work. I tried getting him interested in football, but it hasn't worked, so I just enjoy the games myself.

I wish my husband had been that understanding.  I went into a serious funk for about a week after that Steeler's game.  The best I got was a "It will be OK, babe" pat on the back followed by a "what's for dinner?".

And, yes, it does go both ways.   My husband doesn't watch football.  A few years ago, I was given tickets to that playoff game vs. the Ravens.  I asked my husband to join me, but he said that I should take someone else who really cared about watching something like that.

He would prefer American Idol although his tastes usually run more to anything on the science or history channels. 

Well, could have been worse, she could have a tattoo of Belechek on her shoulder!!!!! 

I wish my husband had been that understanding.  I went into a serious funk for about a week after that Steeler's game.  The best I got was a "It will be OK, babe" pat on the back followed by a "what's for dinner?".

And, yes, it does go both ways.   My husband doesn't watch football.  A few years ago, I was given tickets to that playoff game vs. the Ravens.  I asked my husband to join me, but he said that I should take someone else who really cared about watching something like that.

He would prefer American Idol although his tastes usually run more to anything on the science or history channels. 

I am huge fan of football too, but I would not be that understanding either.  I get being bummed shortly after the game, but to go in a funk for about a week is a bit crazy.  I have never got how people could get so high and so love over the outcome of game.  I have a friend who gets way to mad and down when his team loses and it is beyond annoying when we want to do something the next day.

It definately makes things easier when both in a couple likes the same sport.  My wife likes football and basketball so it makes it easy to watch the Pacers and Colts game.  Now she is not one to watch football all Sunday I try to do something with her after the Colts game and just check the scores on the phone from time to time.

The funny thing is she loves Saints Row 2 so it makes it nice for my videogame habit too.

I am huge fan of football too, but I would not be that understanding either.  I get being bummed shortly after the game, but to go in a funk for about a week is a bit crazy.  I have never got how people could get so high and so love over the outcome of game.  I have a friend who gets way to mad and down when his team loses and it is beyond annoying when we want to do something the next day.

It definately makes things easier when both in a couple likes the same sport.  My wife likes football and basketball so it makes it easy to watch the Pacers and Colts game.  Now she is not one to watch football all Sunday I try to do something with her after the Colts game and just check the scores on the phone from time to time.

The funny thing is she loves Saints Row 2 so it makes it nice for my videogame habit too.

I totally agree with you.  That was very crazy of me.  But, it was also very good for me as it taught me an important lesson.

I now view football more as just entertainment.  I may be sad for an hour or two when the Colts lose, but I now quickly get over it the same as I would when a movie has a bad ending or my choice for American Idol doesn't win.

While others may still bemoan the "decision" game or Peyton no longer being a Colt, I now find myself quickly moving on and saving my agnst for things that actually affect my personal life and not just my fandom.

LOL, I bought a couple of expensive porterhouse steaks to grill, nice bottles of Red and White wine and then warmed the jacuzzi to 104 degrees the next day after Peyton and the Broncos lost their heart breaker because my wife was so devastated. The gals really take it to heart.

I totally agree with you.  That was very crazy of me.  But, it was also very good for me as it taught me an important lesson.

I now view football more as just entertainment.  I may be sad for an hour or two when the Colts lose, but I now quickly get over it the same as I would when a movie has a bad ending or my choice for American Idol doesn't win.

While others may still bemoan the "decision" game or Peyton no longer being a Colt, I now find myself quickly moving on and saving my agnst for things that actually affect my personal life and not just my fandom.

Good to hear.  That is definately a good outlook to have when it comes to sports.  I know I have been called less of a fan of the Colts/Pacers/Irish because I do not go crazy over a loss.  I have just never seen the point of being to upset over a game that I have absolutely no control over it and have no clue who these guys really are.  I think people get way to into sports and it really makes people into real tools.

A good example of this is the post on the Colts forum about getting into a fight over how many the titles the Colts organization has.  To fight another person because they disagree about sports is just insane to me.  I get fighting to defend a friend or a loved one, but because they like another team and bash your team just shows some immaturity.

Rarely do my group of friends see our friend during the week if his team loses. 

Keep in Mind that I live in the bay area...where a $500 spa package is only 3 hours of service......this darn place.

She is doing a lot better.  She processes different. She took it all in, watched the post game, listened to all the crap.

Me, I shut it all off.

LOL, I bought a couple of expensive porterhouse steaks to grill, nice bottles of Red and White wine and then warmed the jacuzzi to 104 degrees the next day after Peyton and the Broncos lost their heart breaker because my wife was so devastated. The gals really take it to heart.

Yup the girls do. 

Good husbandly move!

I should forward this thread to my wife. Next year if the Patriots lose in the SB I want an all-expenses paid trip to the Andes. (It's summer there!)

Go Pats...IF the Pats go to SB and lose.....YES you definitely deserve vacation to the Andes.

She is doing a lot better.  She processes different. She took it all in, watched the post game, listened to all the crap.

Me, I shut it all off.

LOL, same happens in my house.  She's just as interested in the pre and (especially) the post game interviews etc. I guess she must correlate what happened on the field to their demeanor before and after the contest.  Me, I'm ready for Xbox once the clock reaches 0:00

You did the right thing.

There should be an internet dating site for football fans.

hmmmm.....I may have just figured out how to make my first million dollars. Anybody wanna help a cool guy (me) finance a start-up internet dating service for football fans?

Anybody?

I would have a tough time dating a woman who didn't like football. I wouldn't mind it so much of she just didn't care and would let me watch it, go out with friends, ect. However, if she literally didn't like football or wouldn't let me hang with some friends/family for Sunday I'd be like "I'm sorry, I just don't think this is going to work out. Don't let the door hit you in the rear on your way out." haha!!!!!!!!!!!!