Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chip Kelley changed his mind again!? Is now Eagles HC.

ReMeDy

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8849699/chip-kelly-bolts-oregon-ducks-coach-philadelphia-eagles

Cant believe I didn't notice this. Last I heard, he would be coaching Oregon again. Countless Oregon columnists typed out long-winded sigh of relief articles regarding how grateful they were, and that was that. Now, Kelley does a complete 180!?

So last season he flirted with joining the NFL, but changed his mind. This season, he flirts again, changes his mind again, then changes his mind about changing his mind.

What a slap in the face to Oregon. He pulled Oregon's leg good.

You're a little late lol.

Yea, that's why I cant believe I didn't notice this, but more importantly, I can't believe no one posted a topic about this. Pretty big news for the NFL to finally land Chip Kelley. I frequent NFL.com daily, and saw no mention. Maybe the NFL doesn't care with all the Superbowl hype.

Yea, that's why I cant believe I didn't notice this, but more importantly, I can't believe no one posted a topic about this. Pretty big news for the NFL to finally land Chip Kelley. I frequent NFL.com daily, and saw no mention. Maybe the NFL doesn't care with all the Superbowl hype.

It was announced like 2 weeks ago

Just like that loser Kelly at Notre Dame...

Couldnt care less about the Universitys,.....

Its all about the Benjamins..

Legends in their own minds.

Good luck in the NFL...Duck-man...They have defense there..

Last i heard Brian Kelly had an undefeated regular season.. Not exactly a loser.. Plus he didn't leave nd.

Last i heard Brian Kelly had an undefeated regular season.. Not exactly a loser.. Plus he didn't leave nd.

Not totally...

last you heard..Brian Kelly said his dream job was at Note Dame 12 hours before he was intervieweing for the Eagles job in Philadelpiia. That's called lying.

This from a guy who let 3-time DUIs play (Michael Floyd)..gave a one game suspension for two kids (Tommy Rees) after a barroom brawl...

told one QB Dane Crist he was the permanent QB starter and then pulled him after a half...and never let him back on the field

..and ducked HIS responsibility when one of his student aides was killed falling from a tower.

He cant be trusted

Check him out....Brian Kelly..the Spirit of ND

Not totally...

last you heard..Brian Kelly said his dream job was at Note Dame 12 hours before he was intervieweing for the Eagles job in Philadelpiia. That's called lying.

This from a guy who let 3-time DUIs play (Michael Floyd)..gave a one game suspension for two kids (Tommy Rees) after a barroom brawl...

told one QB Dane Crist he was the permanent QB starter and then pulled him after a half...and never let him back on the field

..and ducked HIS responsibility when one of his student aides was killed falling from a tower.

He cant be trusted

Check him out....Brian Kelly..the Spirit of ND

That is so much different than every other top coach in football. Get a grip.. The elite coaches are all the same.

That is so much different than every other top coach in football. Get a grip.. The elite coaches are all the same.

You're as far off as yo were on the unlimited Super Bowl excitement thread..

The VAST majority of college coaches dont lie and duck their responsibility and embarass their university

no matter how many times you hear Skip bayless say it..

Notre Dame could get an honorable man...You'd see the difference

You're as far off as yo were on the unlimited Super Bowl excitement thread..

The VAST majority of college coaches dont lie and duck their responsibility and embarass their university

no matter how many times you hear Skip bayless say it..

Notre Dame could get an honorable man...You'd see the difference

I'll take being relevant. Take a look at nick saben, les miles, urban meyer. Come back and tell me how they are more honorable than Brian Kelly. I live in the south bend area. Brian Kelly and his wife do a lot for the community.

A horrible HC hire IMO. What is owner Jeffrey Lurie doing? Yes, he signs everyone's check in Philadelphia at the Eagles football facility & he can do whatever he wants. I know that. I hate college coaches with no NFL experience. Even if Chip Kelly had coordinator experience in the league, I'd feel more comfortable with this decision.

Successful college to NFL transitions? Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, Nick Saban was mildly successful in Miami for awhile...I will give Mr. Kelley a fair shot to prove that he belongs in the NFL...6-8 games...But the window to make a name for yourself is short. Remember: NFL stands for "Not For Long" if you fail to move the ball & execute down the field on a regular basis. Good luck Chip. You're gonna need it. 

A horrible HC hire IMO. What is owner Jeffrey Lurie doing? Yes, he signs everyone's check in Philadelphia at the Eagles football facility & he can do whatever he wants. I know that. I hate college coaches with no NFL experience. Even if Chip Kelly had coordinator experience in the league, I'd feel more comfortable with this decision.

Successful college to NFL transitions? Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, Nick Saban was mildly successful in Miami for awhile...I will give Mr. Kelley a fair shot to prove that he belongs in the NFL...6-8 games...But the window to make a name for yourself is short. Remember: NFL stands for "Not For Long" if you fail to move the ball & execute down the field on a regular basis. Good luck Chip. You're gonna need it. 

6-8 games? That's fair.....

Yes, usually by then I can tell if the new HC knows what he's doing, has a direction to take the team in, can adjust to the speed of the defense in the NFL, & whether or not veterans are buying into his program or not. 

Giving a coach only 6-8 games is ridiculous

Yes, usually by then I can tell if the new HC knows what he's doing, has a direction to take the team in, can adjust to the speed of the defense in the NFL, & whether or not veterans are buying into his program or not.

Really.. Jimmy Johnson won 1 game his first year in Dallas

I think he's going to be a huge bust in Philly. His play calling in games that Oregon lost just re-assures that half the time he don't have a clue what he's doing. Just go back and watch that championship against Auburn. Him running those crazy plays knowing that Auburn was going to counter it perfectly. I can see Philly started like 4-1 and finishing 6-10 after ESPN and all the other major eastern media outlets are drooling and ready to call them a Super Bowl team like they seem to do with the Eagles every year. I don't think he's going to do anything in this league, and don't feel bad about Andy Reid Philly fans, he's going to be an epic bust for the Chiefs too when he ruins Jamaal Charles career with his super one dimensional pass happy Dan Marino imitation of an offense he likes to run. The Chiefs could just run the ball non stop with their backs, don't even worry about passing but that is Andy Ried's style. He had Vick throwing it 40-50 times this year instead of letting McCoy run it even when McCoy was averaging over 5 yards a carry.

Giving a coach only 6-8 games is ridiculous

No it isn't. Mike Mularkey was fired as HC in Jacksonville after just 1 season. Giving newly hired HC a long tenure or timeframe to prove themselves is in short supply these days except maybe in Pittsburgh, Foxboro, Indianapolis, NY [Giants], & Green Bay. Remember: The NFL stands for Not For Long. Win quickly or you are on the hot seat. Philadelphia fans are tired of losing & they won't be patient for very long. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8831771/mike-mularkey-jacksonville-jaguars-fired-2-14-season

No it isn't. Mike Mularkey was fired as HC in Jacksonville after just 1 season. Giving newly hired HC a long tenure or timeframe to prove themselves is in short supply these days except maybe in Pittsburgh, Foxboro, Indianapolis, NY [Giants], & Green Bay. Remember: The NFL stands for Not For Long. Win quickly or you are on the hot seat. Philadelphia fans are tired of losing & they won't be patient for very long.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8831771/mike-mularkey-jacksonville-jaguars-fired-2-14-season

Wouldn't have happened if they didn't hire a new gm

No it isn't. Mike Mularkey was fired as HC in Jacksonville after just 1 season. Giving newly hired HC a long tenure or timeframe to prove themselves is in short supply these days except maybe in Pittsburgh, Foxboro, Indianapolis, NY [Giants], & Green Bay. Remember: The NFL stands for Not For Long. Win quickly or you are on the hot seat. Philadelphia fans are tired of losing & they won't be patient for very long. 

Notice u named 5 of the best franchises in the NFL. 6-8 games is ridiculous unless you're George Steinbrenner

Notice u named 5 of the best franchises in the NFL. 6-8 games is ridiculous unless you're George Steinbrenner

What does naming a deceased MLB owner & businessman of the NY Yankees have to do with the NFL exactly? Mixing sports genres doesn't exactly add credibility to your argument BOTT. 32-5=27 NFL teams & owners that typically put their new coaching staffs on a short leash expecting game wins very quickly. 

I'm not claiming that Chip Kelley will be fired in Philly after 8 games; I am just judging for myself his ability to transition smoothly from college football to professional football that's all. 

What does naming a deceased MLB owner & businessman of the NY Yankees have to do with the NFL exactly? Mixing sports genres doesn't exactly add credibility to your argument BOTT. 32-5=27 NFL teams & owners that typically put their new coaching staffs on a short leash expecting game wins very quickly. 

I'm not claiming that Chip Kelley will be fired in Philly after 8 games; I am just judging for myself his ability to transition smoothly from college football to professional football that's all. 

He fired managers left and right and was considered foolish for doing so....much like you wanting to judge a coach after half a season..was a pretty obvious comparison

He fired managers left and right and was considered foolish for doing so....much like you wanting to judge a coach after half a season..was a pretty obvious comparison

For someone like myself who rarely watches baseball except when my oldest nephew drops by & turns it on & given that you had to elaborate on your George Steinbrenner example, I fail to grasp how this "was a pretty obvious comparison" sir. Again, mixing sports genres adds zero credibility to your argument. The matter in question: Chip Kelley relates to football not baseball. Firing a baseball manager & firing a general major in the NFL is entirely different. The strategy, tactics, & execution of the games are completely different in scope. What is really flawed here is your argument BOTT.  

You can disagree with my viewpoint on Chip Kelley & that is perfectly fine. However, your George Steinbrenner reference does nothing to validate your point. Have a pleasant evening. 

For someone like myself who rarely watches baseball except when my oldest nephew drops by & turns it on & given that you had to elaborate on your George Steinbrenner example, I fail to grasp how this "was a pretty obvious comparison" sir. Again, mixing sports genres adds zero credibility to your argument. The matter in question: Chip Kelley relates to football not baseball. Firing a baseball manager & firing a general major in the NFL is entirely different. The strategy, tactics, & execution of the games are completely different in scope. What is really flawed here is your argument BOTT.

You can disagree with my viewpoint on Chip Kelley & that is perfectly fine. However, your George Steinbrenner reference does nothing to validate your point. Have a pleasant evening.

Dear god. It's not that difficult to figure out. Just because u know very little about Steinbrenner doesn't hurt my credibility. I mixed sports! Oh no!

Dear god. It's not that difficult to figure out. Just because u know very little about Steinbrenner doesn't hurt my credibility. I mixed sports! Oh no!

Obviously, I struck a nerve here. Baseball & football have nothing to do with 1 another. The original topic related to Chip Kelley's successful transition into the NFL not a deceased Yankees owner in Major League BaseBall. Mocking my lack of expertise with baseball doesn't somehow miraculously change a flawed argument sir. Throwing disparaging, comical remarks my way isn't going to change that. Would a discussion about a Stanley Cup run in hockey parallel a Vince Lombardi Trophy run in football other than in the need for locker room chemistry? Absolutely not. You felt your  Steinbrenner analogy was obvious & relevant; I respectfully did not. Let's just agree to disagree & move on. Thank you. 

Obviously, I struck a nerve here. Baseball & football have nothing to do with 1 another. The original topic related to Chip Kelley's successful transition into the NFL not a deceased Yankees owner in Major League BaseBall. Mocking my lack of expertise with baseball doesn't somehow miraculously change a flawed argument sir. Throwing disparaging, comical remarks my way isn't going to change that. Would a discussion about a Stanley Cup run in hockey parallel a Vince Lombardi Trophy run in football other than in the need for locker room chemistry? Absolutely not. You felt your  Steinbrenner analogy was obvious & relevant; I respectfully did not. Let's just agree to disagree & move on. Thank you. 

Then don't sit there and say my analogy is flawed because u don't know who Steinbrenner is. Saying repeatedly i lack credibility is no less rude just because u say "sir" and "thank you"

Then don't sit there and say my analogy is flawed because u don't know who Steinbrenner is. Saying repeatedly i lack credibility is no less rude just because u say "sir" and "thank you"

Again, you missed the point. Baseball & football are completely different games in strategy & tactics. Mr. Steinbrenner has nothing to do with whether Chip Kelley will be a successful head coach for the Philadelphia Eagles.  Even if I accept your premise that Mr. Steinbrenner fired several baseball managers, a football GM & a baseball manager carry out completely different functions on a diamond or a field because the rules of each game & overall outcomes are so different. Also, it is possible to google a name on the internet & read all about their personal & professional life & read all about Mr. Steinbrenner even if a person is not well versed in this individual's actions & tendencies. I did this prior to initially replying to your 1st post on this topic. Your argument isn't a strong one because baseball & football have nothing to do with 1 another. Again, the discussion is about Chip Kelley's successful adjustment into the Natl. Football League. I doubt that Chip Kelley will be coaching pitching in the pull pen of the NY Yankees sir.

"Would a discussion about a Stanley Cup run in hockey parallel a Vince Lombardi Trophy run in football other than in the need for locker room chemistry? Absolutely not. You felt your  Steinbrenner analogy was obvious & relevant; I respectfully did not. Let's just agree to disagree & move on."

I have nothing against you BOTT. I read all your posts. I have made mistakes myself. I am not perfect. We just respectfully disagree on the effect impact of your Steinbrenner analogy that's all. Enjoy the SB & have a pleasant evening BOTT.