Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA/Draft Mock

We sign:

Mike Wallace 

Jairus Byrd

Louis Vasquez

Arthur Jones

Draft:

1st- Chance Warmack -crazy I know but according to drafttek.com he has very much the chance of falling to us after the Rams are said to take Barkevious Mingo and the Cowboys are said to take Datane Jones so if that occurs- BRING WARMACK TO INDY!

3rd- Kyle Long- has a great built and talent, would be a good improvement over Justice. 

4th- Tyrann Mathieu- Despite his problems, the kid has talent and Like Davis, I reckon Pagano will motivate him to clean up his act. Also we need a corner opposite Davis and I don't like the idea of getting a CB with one of our 1st 2 picks because we have bigger problems ( IE the O-line)

6- Quanterus Smith (DE/OLB from Western Kentucky)- Bearing in mind he is against one of the best O-lines in college football, he does pretty well and if Freeney goes, he could be a good replacement.

7- Omar Hunter ( NT-Florida) - could be quite good in terms of Depth with Chapman at NT. 

Why would the Rams take Mingo? They have Long on 1 end and Robert Quinn on the other(10.5 sacks for Quinn last year and 11.5 for long), the Rams need more O Line help and Safety help

Many have said that Mingo can play OLB and would be suitable for the Rams because the only decent OLB they have which will still be under contract is Jo-Lonn Dunbar, so they might want to add more of a pass rush. Also as you said, if they need safety help then they could get draft Vacarro or Elam etc

You have Mathieu going to early. He'll probably be a mid 5th to an early 6th

That's why we should get him in the 4th, so by the time our pick in the 6th has started, he may be gone and Smith is said to be taken from the 5th to 7th round stage.

Many have said that Mingo can play OLB and would be suitable for the Rams because the only decent OLB they have which will still be under contract is Jo-Lonn Dunbar, so they might want to add more of a pass rush. Also as you said, if they need safety help then they could get draft Vacarro or Elam etc

That's why we should get him in the 4th, so by the time our pick in the 6th has started, he may be gone and Smith is said to be taken from the 5th to 7th round stage.

We could just trade back. He's a reach at round 4 IMO.

Another couple of players worth a serious look in the late rounds 

Guards

Jackson 6'6" 341lbs

Foltz 6'3" 329lbs

Edmond Kugbila 6'4" 332lbs

Adam Smith 6'5" 325lbs

Now I cant find any highlights on them but they all certainly have size so just throwing that out there, if anyone knows anymore about them feel free to share

If by chance we do grasp the honey badger should be moved to safety typically strong safety from what i saw 2 years ago he is indeed a vicious hitter and fearless (hints honey badger) but as a corner he can be had very shaky fir work and not s polished as a cover guy. Claiborne fervently was the threat a true corner. When we played them (bama) we often ran to morris's side and threw towards Mathieu. With ago that being said if we want a safety there's plenty inn this draft no need to gamble

If by chance we do grasp the honey badger should be moved to safety typically strong safety from what i saw 2 years ago he is indeed a vicious hitter and fearless (hints honey badger) but as a corner he can be had very shaky fir work and not s polished as a cover guy. Claiborne fervently was the threat a true corner. When we played them (bama) we often ran to morris's side and threw towards Mathieu. With ago that being said if we want a safety there's plenty inn this draft no need to gamble

He would be the smallest SS I have ever seen. I have a hard time believing nfl running backs would fear Mathieu racing towards the hole

Why would the Rams take Mingo? They have Long on 1 end and Robert Quinn on the other(10.5 sacks for Quinn last year and 11.5 for long), the Rams need more O Line help and Safety help

Rams need #1 receiver...so my thinking is WR / OL for their two picks.  "Best Available" or "Value" picks aside, I don't see Warmack getting past 1RD #20th pick.  Dallas will probably trade-up to get mingo or moore or select Barkley (Jerry is Jerry).

RAMS PREDICTION

1. Allen or Patterson WR

2. Warmack, Fischer, Johnson OL

4th-5th. Zeke Motta or Johnathan Cyprien or Robert Lester (S)

Bob's right bicep is bigger than Mathieu

Bob is one of only three people to have ever touched Chuck Norris's  mustache and lived to tell about it.  The other three you ask; Bruce Lee, Burgess Meridith "Come on Rock. Cut me Mick", Kareem Abdul Jabar.  Matt Elam = Bob Sanders.

True, true and if we pick up some picks, maybe also get someone like Kenjon Barner or someone like that.

What is your obsession with smurfs? Last I check, that's who our team is made of right now. What we need are players that are at least built for the system they are gonna play in. Small guys can work in a 4-3 Cover 2, but in a 3-4 man-to-man, you need size. This also applies to the offense as well. Kenjon Barner is nothing more than another LaMichael James. A complete situational guy. 

Depends on what the Rams think of Harvey Dahl, Brandon Washington and Rokevious Watkins, Dahl is making 4 million next year so I dont know if they would swallow that just to draft an unproven Guard in terms of in the NFL for a proven Guard although Warmack fits the scheme better(in theory), for the other spot they may gamble on Brandon Washington or Watkins and pass on Warmack, with all that said I could just as easily see them drafting D.J. Fluker as well, Barry Richardson is also a FA. They have some big decisions to make just like everyone else

Pagano said he wants to get Bigger & Faster. Is that his Phiosophy or was he just blowing smoke?

In which case, if everyone on this thread is relucant to have Mathieu and Wallace, we replace the Mathieu pick with Rodney Smith ( WR FSU) and in next year's draft we take Bradley Roby (CB from Ohio State) whose a very physical corner and would be great opposite Davis

I don't think we'll see Wallace or Byrd.

And I think the first 3 players you have us drafting will be gone before we draft.   

I think your vision is way too optimistic.   

Warmack, much like Gavin mentioned- might or might not be taken by the Rams and the Cowboys either a safety or a center like Barratt Jones, but even if they take a guard Johnathan Cooper could be an option for them.

Long- According to Walter football is said to be taken between the 3rd and 5th round. 

Mathieu- Also according to Walter Football is said to be taken between the 4th and 6th round

In which case, if everyone on this thread is relucant to have Mathieu and Wallace, we replace the Mathieu pick with Rodney Smith ( WR FSU) and in next year's draft we take Bradley Roby (CB from Ohio State) whose a very physical corner and would be great opposite Davis

Warmack, much like Gavin mentioned- might or might not be taken by the Rams and the Cowboys either a safety or a center like Barratt Jones, but even if they take a guard Johnathan Cooper could be an option for them.

Long- According to Walter football is said to be taken between the 3rd and 5th round. 

Mathieu- Also according to Walter Football is said to be taken between the 4th and 6th round

I understand those are the projections from Walter Football.   At this point, I don't happen to share their view of things.

I reserve the right to change my mind as we get closer to draft day,  but for now, I think this view is way too pie in the sky.

Hey, don't get me wrong,  I'd be thrilled beyond belief of somehow Warmack and Long fell to the Colts in R's 1 and 3.   I just don't see it happening.   Not even close.

But, I've been wrong many, Many, MANY times before....    and I'll be wrong, many more times in the future.    Just the nature of this guessing game.

Barrett Jones going B4 Warmack? If Warmack shows up at the combine drunk and punches a coach