Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Admit it. Its a less than Super matchup

oldunclemark

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a great match up.  We got a great defense in the 49ers, a good defense in the Ravens that have key guys giving it one last run, Kaepernick is one of the more exciting players to watch in the league, and Flaco has his chance to shup up all the fans and media.

This is exactly the match up I wanted once the Colts were knocked out.  If the 49ers did not make it I would have been fine with Seattle or Washington, but other than that this is what I wanted to see.

The most exciting part is the Pats did not make it.

Crazy topic...

Jim maybe the most firey NFL coach in the game today & he is coaching against his brother who is more poised, so there is already that story line...

You also have two teams that sort of defy the current trend of "pass" happy teams, and you have a throw back to the ground & pound era of football, so there is that story line as well...

Before the AFC & NFC championship games I remember seeing a poll on NFL network or ESPN or somewhere, asking of the four possible match-ups which was more popular, & the Ravens vs Niners match up was by far the most popular match up taken from the poll...  

so there is that too...

Shoot Jim Harbaughs name is in the ring of honor that alone should give you at least some interest in the game...

Didn't you post at the beginning of the season saying you we're bored with football and was having a hard time watching it? Me thinks your just aren't a big football fan. I'm really looking forward to the matchup.

at the beginning of the EXHIBITION season. yes.../ we're not addicted to mediocre football

I want to see quality play....Joe Flacco, a kid whose played 9 games and an aging (I'm the greatest ever) Randy Moss just scream quality, dont they?

I love this matchup, and it has nothing to do with the brothers or the silly storylines. I think it's two really good teams that both have the ability to win in various ways. I think it's going to be a very physical game, with a couple turnovers on each side, and I think the final score is going to be somewhere around 17-16. And I'm going to love it the entire time.

Despite everything I have said..I may watch it all and I may LOVE IT, too... I wont know till it starts...and ends

But the boring Harbaugh family fun fued....Ray Lewis in his entirety...deer steriods and Dan Marino's love child..

..plus a Baltimore team that we all suspect isnt really very good have me imagining a viewing experiece that will fight to hold

my interest from the NCIS marathon on the USA Network.

Despite everything I have said..I may watch it all and I may LOVE IT, too... I wont know till it starts...and ends

But the boring Harbaugh family fun fued....Ray Lewis in his entirety...deer steriods and Dan Marino's love child..

..plus a Baltimore team that we all suspect isnt really very good have me imagining a viewing experiece that will fight to hold

my interest from the NCIS marathon on the USA Network.

Looks like you are in the extreme minority, as i predicted

When we're trying to sell the coaches as a reason to watch....yoi have to admit we dont have much of a game.

....and Joe Flacco vs. Colin Kap...?

Endless excitement

Good thing Flacco and Kaep aren't actually playing each other then.

Im pumped to watch this one.

Most people I know are talking about it so I get a sense people are excited for this one in general.

I for one also find the fact I dont have to watch the Steelers or Patriots again in the SB to be pretty refreshing. The Colts not being there again is not refreshing as they should be playing in it every year as far as im concerned...lol.

Didn't you post at the beginning of the season saying you we're bored with football and was having a hard time watching it? Me thinks your just aren't a big football fan. I'm really looking forward to the matchup.

at the beginning of the EXHIBITION season. yes.../ we're not addicted to mediocre football

I want to see quality play....Joe Flacco, a kid whose played 9 games and an aging (I'm the greatest ever) Randy Moss just scream quality, dont they?

Flacco's been pretty money this post season... Lots of 20+ yard pass plays...

not sure what teams you've watched, but the guy who JUST SCREAMS QUALITY, beat Luck, Manning & Brady to cruise into the big game...

Flacco's been pretty money this post season... Lots of 20+ yard pass plays...

not sure what teams you've watched, but the guy who JUST SCREAMS QUALITY, beat Luck, Manning & Brady to cruise into the big game...

Buck...I think that's a myth...one that's been repeated a lot....Go back to the Balt-Indy game..and look at how Joe threw the ball.

..he hit a couple of big ones..and the Colts couldnt finish near the goal line....but he wasnt outstanding..

and Flacco didnt beat Luck, Manning and Brady.....Like Quiz Boy says...QBs dont face each other..

Im pumped to watch this one.

Most people I know are talking about it so I get a sense people are excited for this one in general.

I for one also find the fact I dont have to watch the Steelers or Patriots again in the SB to be pretty refreshing. The Colts not being there again is not refreshing as they should be playing in it every year as far as im concerned...lol.

This is an interesting school of thought. You dont have to watch any game. That's all I'm saying

Its refreshing not to see the 'same old' franchises...Maybe..But Baltimore is in the playoffs every year.

SF is the best in the NFC..but Baltimore is same old, same old..going heavy on the 'old'

Why do we (meaning folks who dont work for ESPN) pretend that whoever makes the Super Bowl is an epic match up?

This is an interesting school of thought. You dont have to watch any game. That's all I'm saying

Its refreshing not to see the 'same old' franchises...Maybe..But Baltimore is in the playoffs every year.

SF is the best in the NFC..but Baltimore is same old, same old..going heavy on the 'old'

Why do we (meaning folks who dont work for ESPN) pretend that whoever makes the Super Bowl is an epic match up?

I dont think diagnosing two superbowl teams front to back and discussing there season is saying its an epic matchup, ya kinda sound like your tired of football in general or depressed if ya ask me, The Ravens have not been to the SB since 2001 and the 49ers have not been considered a top team since heck I was a little kid in the late 80's plus they have an exciting QB who is a threat to take it the distance on any play, on the other side the Ravens have a player or two that will be a FA who perhaps the Colts could use, it might be nice to watch them if your a fan, not to mention Jim Harbaugh being a former Indy QB on the SF side, I'd love to see if he could get his first SB win since he fell short as a player, plus I am a big Ray Lewis fan

truth be told..I spend a lot of time talking here, period...as I've noticed you do.

Its all good

And ironically, you say so little... :O :)

It seems like you are exhausting considerable energy trying to support a preposterous claim that no one is interested in this game, but this thread alone would seem to put you in the significant minority.

I only go out of mind for a SB when my Colts are playing, and understand the notion that some matchups are better than others, but this one seems really good to me. I'd be even more excited about it if I didn't have to worry about being ready for the birth of my first child any day now. I'm preparing myself for the unfortunate possibility that I may have to watch the game from a hospital delivery suite.

As opposed to what? I sort-of like the Giants (thanks to Eli and living in NJ) but all three times they've made the SB "recently" I thought that they were an overachieving team that arguably wasn't even the best in their division - much less the entire sport. I was perhaps more interested in seeing their annoying fans quieted that I was in seeing them win. Plus I detest the Steelers and Patriots, only half-heartedly watching Super Bowls that they've been in to pray that they lose. I certainly didn't look forward to the games with anything other than a sense of trepidation and nausea. That accounts for nine of the past 12 SuperBowls. Two of the three remaining the Colts were in (an entirely different experience), and the last (Raiders/Bucs) was perhaps the SB that I might have looked forward to least in the entire history of the event.

In fact if you want to go back further and substitute "Cowboys/Steelers/annoyinglydominant49ers/annoyinglybetterthanIcaredtoadmitRedksins" for "Steelers/Patriots" - there have been an AWFUL lot of superbowls have been thoroughly unappetizing to me. MANY I haven't even bothered to watch.

You seem to be essentially pointing out that without one of the top 3 QBs in the game, the Super Bowl bores you. That's fine - nobody says that you have to watch it. I'm just not sure how that translates to my being expected to "admit" anything. The only thing that I'll admit to is (as always) being utterly uninterested in SB hype of any kind (easy solution, I always effortlessly ignore it all). The game, however, I am very much looking forward to.

When we're trying to sell the coaches as a reason to watch....yoi have to admit we dont have much of a game.

....and Joe Flacco vs. Colin Kap...?

Endless excitement

plus a Baltimore team that we all suspect isnt really very good have me imagining a viewing experiece that will fight to hold.

No. I don't have to admit it. I really like this matchup and this was my preferred one especially once it got down to championship weekend. ESPN.com had a poll that weekend re viewers' preferred matchup and SF/BAL was winning with either NE/ATL or BAL/ATL being last iirc.

And who is this mysterious "we" you keep referring to? Are there multiple people using your account?

Didn't you post at the beginning of the season saying you we're bored with football and was having a hard time watching it? Me thinks your just aren't a big football fan. I'm really looking forward to the matchup.at the beginning of the EXHIBITION season. yes.../ we're not addicted to mediocre footballI want to see quality play....Joe Flacco, a kid whose played 9 games and an aging (I'm the greatest ever) Randy Moss just scream quality, dont they?

I'm not a Flacco fan, but the fact is he has been playing great this post season....and who cares how many starts Kapernick has. How many starts did Brady have before the pats beat the rams I the SB?

Its fun though . Gives us something to discuss other than the 'Super-ness" of T-Sizzle

wow..cardinal...Balt-SF would beat Balt-Atlanta..in pure exctement..THERE'S a point in its favor..

I want you to tell me Monday how this was the greatest, most thrilling game of the Century..

.....If we really liked this game we'd be talking about the players and the matchups and

not how much we're 'looking forward' to it......or how 'refreshing' it is....

..or how awesome Joe Flacco is. Come on. gentlemen..

I didnt see any Joe Flacco for the Pro Bowl campaigns for the last 6 months here. Now you cant wait to see him?

Hype is a dish best served with nachos!

Its like a FOX Network Comedy...

New, different..but few stars

Its fun though . Gives us something to discuss other than the 'Super-ness" of T-Sizzle

wow..cardinal...Balt-SF would beat Balt-Atlanta..in pure exctement..THERE'S a point in its favor..

I want you to tell me Monday how this was the greatest, most thrilling game of the Century..

.....If we really liked this game we'd be talking about the players and the matchups and

not how much we're 'looking forward' to it......or how 'refreshing' it is....

..or how awesome Joe Flacco is. Come on. gentlemen..

I didnt see any Joe Flacco for the Pro Bowl campaigns for the last 6 months here. Now you cant wait to see him?

Hype is a dish best served with nachos!

Its like a FOX Network Comedy...

New, different..but few stars

Ray rice, ray Lewis, terrell suggs, bernard pollard, torrey smith

Randy moss, Frank gore, Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, Michael crabtree.

Plenty of big time players

As opposed to what? I sort-of like the Giants (thanks to Eli and living in NJ) but all three times they've made the SB "recently" I thought that they were an overachieving team that arguably wasn't even the best in their division - much less the entire sport. I was perhaps more interested in seeing their annoying fans quieted that I was in seeing them win. Plus I detest the Steelers and Patriots, only half-heartedly watching Super Bowls that they've been in to pray that they lose. I certainly didn't look forward to the games with anything other than a sense of trepidation and nausea. That accounts for nine of the past 12 SuperBowls. Two of the three remaining the Colts were in (an entirely different experience), and the last (Raiders/Bucs) was perhaps the SB that I might have looked forward to least in the entire history of the event.

In fact if you want to go back further and substitute "Cowboys/Steelers/annoyinglydominant49ers/annoyinglybetterthanIcaredtoadmitRedksins" for "Steelers/Patriots" - there have been an AWFUL lot of superbowls have been thoroughly unappetizing to me. MANY I haven't even bothered to watch.

You seem to be essentially pointing out that without one of the top 3 QBs in the game, the Super Bowl bores you. That's fine - nobody says that you have to watch it. I'm just not sure how that translates to my being expected to "admit" anything. The only thing that I'll admit to is (as always) being utterly uninterested in SB hype of any kind (easy solution, I always effortlessly ignore it all). The game, however, I am very much looking forward to.

Its hard to make an arguement for something by saying, "well, opposed to what?" That's almost an admission that its lame.

While I'm having fun messing with you all...I'm deeply counting on you to dig deep and discover the newness and awesomeness of this 'Super' war

Baltimore is not NEW and refreshing. They're in the playoffs every year...

Balt vs.SF// Really? Remember last time they played??? 16-6???? MAC!!! It was 16-6.

Tell me you would be more interested in the Colts and Seattle. THAT"s NEW and different.

I'm not essential saying anything. I;m stirring it up and flat out saying that Baltimore and SF isnt a great matchup even during the regular season but that they hype machine'll get you if you dont watch out... .

Ray rice, ray Lewis, terrell suggs, bernard pollard, torrey smith

Randy moss, Frank gore, Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, Michael crabtree.

Plenty of big time players

That's endless excitement there....any of them QBs? are Moss and Sugar Ray on AARP yet...

Michael Crabtree?

Now you're messing with me!!! I love it.

Buck...I think that's a myth...one that's been repeated a lot....Go back to the Balt-Indy game..and look at how Joe threw the ball.

..he hit a couple of big ones..and the Colts couldnt finish near the goal line....but he wasnt outstanding..

and Flacco didnt beat Luck, Manning and Brady.....Like Quiz Boy says...QBs dont face each other..

Whats a myth? He hit Boldin on at least 3 deep routes in the game against the Colts... Throughout the rest of the playoffs he has hit the deep route when it has counted... Not a myth...

If Baltimore is in the playoffs every year they are doing something right, & their quarterback is part of that equation, he may not be an MVP candidate, but he helps keep baltimore in the race year in & year out...

It is a good match up for a Superbowl because (at least in recent years) Baltimore is known for their defense & ability to run the ball, and San Fran is also known for the same things currently... This is a slight departure from the recent trend of pass first that the league is known for becoming in the past decade or so...

May not be EPIC, but their could be worse matchups, & having 2 brothers coach against each other for the first time in history doesn't hurt the match up...

What teams would you rather see playing each other (outside of the Colts)??? What teams could be more EPIC???

Whats a myth? He hit Boldin on at least 3 deep routes in the game against the Colts... Throughout the rest of the playoffs he has hit the deep route when it has counted... Not a myth...

If Baltimore is in the playoffs every year they are doing something right, & their quarterback is part of that equation, he may not be an MVP candidate, but he helps keep baltimore in the race year in & year out...

It is a good match up for a Superbowl because (at least in recent years) Baltimore is known for their defense & ability to run the ball, and San Fran is also known for the same things currently... This is a slight departure from the recent trend of pass first that the league is known for becoming in the past decade or so...

May not be EPIC, but their could be worse matchups, & having 2 brothers coach against each other for the first time in history doesn't hurt the match up...

What teams would you rather see playing each other (outside of the Colts)??? What teams could be more EPIC???

Buck

first series..Vontae drops an INT...next a 2 Qs..very little you watched the game.

They scored 24 points....

at Denver..he was 3-for-8 in the second half until the Denver safety loses concept of thwere he was on the field.

Joe Flacco is exactly what YOU said he was all season..

That's endless excitement there....any of them QBs? are Moss and Sugar Ray on AARP yet...

Michael Crabtree?

Now you're messing with me!!! I love it.

Now i can tell you don't watch much football outside of the colts. Crabtree had 85 catches for over 1100 yards on a run first team.. Yeah, he is pretty good