Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

Admit it. Its a less than Super matchup

oldunclemark    7,545

.....The stories during Super week had mostly to do with scandals and that's largely because

the most appealing aspect of Baltimore vs. SF is two guys who arent playing..

Nobody's scalping tickets to this one no matter how hard ESPN and the NFL Net try to sell it..

....Most folks wouldnt watch a regular season game between Baltimore and SF so its hard to make two

defense oriented teams with no great QBs (or offensive players of any kind) on either side interesting.

at least IU plays Michigan Sunday

oldunclemark    7,545

i'm pretty excited about it. i'd be dreading it if tommy terrific were involved

anyone want to give away tickets they can't scalp?

Shake ..word is if you can get to NOLA...you can get a ticket at face value Sunday...

oldunclemark    7,545

="oldunclemark" post="405178" timestamp="1359662618"]

Shake ..word is if you can get to NOLA...you can get a ticket at face value Sunday...

I highly doubt that.. Where is"the word" coming from?

There's a guy who does sports business reports on ESPN-Chicago,,Darren Rovell....he may be on other ESPN outlets..I dont know

That's exactly what he said.

By game time....face value...///This is not a big deal///SF and Balt are a long way from NOLA...

Now face value is something like $450....but this isnt somebody like Green Bay or Dallas or The NYGs..who have national followings..and there's no great storyline or confrontation...

Balzer40    4,236

I would rather it be the Colts than the Ravens, but I like Jim Harbaugh and Im rooting for him to win. I don't know why this super bowl would be any less appealing to fans than any other super bowl is. It's a good match up between 2 tough teams.

oldunclemark    7,545

I would rather it be the Colts than the Ravens, but I like Jim Harbaugh and Im rooting for him to win. I don't know why this super bowl would be any less appealing to fans than any other super bowl is. It's a good match up between 2 tough teams.

Baltimore has great old vets..

but they are the best team in the AFC....and they are the second best..or the 3rd best..

If you are addicted to football, you watch.....but this isnt a great matchup no matter how they hype it

Vance    1,701

You can..most arent....

There's more mystery in whether Beyonce will sing for real or lip sync

Yeah? You polled the whole country? 

We all know your precious 'destiny' matchup got ruined when Papa and Shady got Flacco'ed. There's always next year...maybe...

oldunclemark    7,545

We all know your precious 'destiny' matchup got ruined when Papa and Shady got Flacco'ed. There's always next year...maybe...

'We all'?...did you poll 'we all' Vamce..

and my 'Desitny's Child' match up is on for halftime with Beyonce..right!!

jvan1973    13,341

No doubt....but most will be waiting to see Kate Upton

Most? Really. The pro bowl had a 3.3 rating. The NFL draws big numbers. it could be the bills vrs buccs and people would show up to watch. I think you are off on this one.

Balzer40    4,236

No doubt....but most will be waiting to see Kate Upton

Are you talking about her car commercial? Because she isn't even very hot IMO. I've seen better bodies on chics at Walmart quite honestly.

Vance    1,701

'We all'?...did you poll 'we all' Vamce..

and my 'Desitny's Child' match up is on for halftime with Beyonce..right!!

Yes we all know because you said it was destiny that Brady and Manning were to duel it out in the AFCCG..then whoever in the SB...we all saw it

oldunclemark    7,545

Yes we all know because you said it was destiny that Brady and Manning were to duel it out in the AFCCG..then whoever in the SB...we all saw it

Vance....Beyonce was part of a group called 'Destiny's Child'

That was a pop culture reference...

sorry.

oldunclemark    7,545

The face that there's a grand total of 3 of us discussing this indicates the sleep-inducing level of this matchup...

can i get you some black coffee for Sunday?? I''ll deliver (more than Joe Flacco will)

ÅÐØNϧ 1    1,469

The Stuporbowl  sponsored by Nyquil . Half time festivities will include - Jim Nabors & Manti Te'o's  GF  singing a duet  . While the Lawerence Welk orchestra plays Nazareths " Love Hurts "  with special guest dancers the Octomom & the Oct' ets . A ratings block buster , Of course the censors will have a quick trigger should there be any wardrobe malfuntions

I can't wait .. :fireworks::woah::headspin: :headspin: :monkeydance:

oldunclemark    7,545

The Stuporbowl  sponsored by Nyquil . Half time festivities will include - Jim Nabors & Manti Te'o's  GF  singing a duet  . While the Lawerence Welk orchestra plays Nazareths " Love Hurts "  with special guest dancers the Octomom & the Oct' ets . A ratings block buster , Of course the censors will have a quick trigger should there be any wardrobe malfuntions

I can't wait .. :fireworks::woah::headspin: :headspin: :monkeydance:

That's quality TV!!!!

Balzer40    4,236

You are the Man!!! 'B'

Don't get ahead of yourself Mark, I didn't say I could ever get any of them, just that I've seen much better. It's just an opinion and a matter of taste.

Susie Q    1,348

.....The stories during Super week had mostly to do with scandals and that's largely because

the most appealing aspect of Baltimore vs. SF is two guys who arent playing..

Nobody's scalping tickets to this one no matter how hard ESPN and the NFL Net try to sell it..

....Most folks wouldnt watch a regular season game between Baltimore and SF so its hard to make two

defense oriented teams with no great QBs (or offensive players of any kind) on either side interesting.

You better check I thought IU played Michigan Saturday. :dunno: If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me. :)

oldunclemark    7,545

You better check I thought IU played Michigan Saturday. :dunno: If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me. :)

You are right,,....Susie.. Thanks...

I always liked you better than Beyonce or Kate Upton...anyway

Susie Q    1,348

You are right,,....Susie.. Thanks...

I always liked you better than Beyonce or Kate Upton...anyway

Gee thanks I think. ;)

Qwiz    3,629

I'll go with maybe...or not.

Gavin    7,030

I like the matchup, Actually I just like football period especially considering this will be the last game for around 7 months or so

MAC    2,498

You may not like the game marc, but the potential audience is billions, and I see absolutely no suggestion on any front that the general public is disappointed by this.

Personally I think that it's a great matchup, and I'm happy to root for the Ravens. In fact any year when the Patriots or Steelers aren't in it is a good year.

Gramz    8,155

While I have no vested interest in either team... I think it may prove to be a really good game.

The Ravens seem determined to complete their mission,   and SF's young QB  Kaepernick appears to be

full of confidence, and unintimidated by the fact that he's  new to the Playoffs and SB. 

I'm looking forward to it..   :cheer:

Malakai432    4,184

Saturday @ 9:00.

Can't wait for that game, even if it was on Sunday I would watch it over the Superbowl EASILY!!!!!!!!

Go IU!!!!!!!!

BOTT    9,498

Didn't you post at the beginning of the season saying you we're bored with football and was having a hard time watching it? Me thinks your just aren't a big football fan. I'm really looking forward to the matchup.