Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeremy Kelley signs with Indy

illdubb

That's pure speculation on your part. You may very well be right, but at this point we have to wait and see. And like I said, if the FO sees possiblity, then I trust them and I trust Reggie more than anyone to show him the ropes.

I suppose it is a matter of perspective. I trust Reggie when he is on the field, but think assuming he does more than lead by example strikes me as wild speculation. He has absolutely proven himself on the field, but I'm aware of only anecdotal evidence (from this forum) of any ability to develop talent in others. Despite my doubts, I sincerely hope you are right, though, and Reggie turns Kelley into a star.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All your examples notwithstanding, I was pointing out players who were outplayed and should have lost their spot to others. Tom Brandstater earned that QB2 spot in 2010 over Painter, but Polian stuck with Painter anyways. 

I remember thinking the same thing. But we all thought neither guy would see the field, so maybe Painter had a better understanding of the O and could help out on the sidelines.

I suppose it is a matter of perspective. I trust Reggie when he is on the field, but think assuming he does more than lead by example strikes me as wild speculation. He has absolutely proven himself on the field, but I'm aware of only anecdotal evidence (from this forum) of any ability to develop talent in others. Despite my doubts, I sincerely hope you are right, though, and Reggie turns Kelley into a star.

You may be right. It's just from how Andrew Luck talks about him that it seems like he more than just practiced with him. From the way he relies on Reggie, it seems like he acted as a teacher and mentor. Also, the fact that Reggie wants to work out with Luck in the offseason really sounds like he has stepped up into a leadership role.

I remember thinking the same thing. But we all thought neither guy would see the field, so maybe Painter had a better understanding of the O and could help out on the sidelines.

I thought the better player and performer deserved the roster spot. Like you say, it wasn't a big deal at the time, considering Manning's backups never played before 2011, but I do think it's indicative of Polian's complacency down the stretch.

I thought the better player and performer deserved the roster spot. Like you say, it wasn't a big deal at the time, considering Manning's backups never played before 2011, but I do think it's indicative of Polian's complacency down the stretch.

You could be right, but as far as performance - we don't know what was going on in the film room or on the sidelines. It could be Painter was more valuable based on that.

Water under the bridge, thank goodness!