Photo

Jeremy Kelley signs with Indy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
164 replies to this topic

#161 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2128 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

That's pure speculation on your part. You may very well be right, but at this point we have to wait and see. And like I said, if the FO sees possiblity, then I trust them and I trust Reggie more than anyone to show him the ropes.

I suppose it is a matter of perspective. I trust Reggie when he is on the field, but think assuming he does more than lead by example strikes me as wild speculation. He has absolutely proven himself on the field, but I'm aware of only anecdotal evidence (from this forum) of any ability to develop talent in others. Despite my doubts, I sincerely hope you are right, though, and Reggie turns Kelley into a star.

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#162 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6785 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

All your examples notwithstanding, I was pointing out players who were outplayed and should have lost their spot to others. Tom Brandstater earned that QB2 spot in 2010 over Painter, but Polian stuck with Painter anyways. 

I remember thinking the same thing. But we all thought neither guy would see the field, so maybe Painter had a better understanding of the O and could help out on the sidelines.

#163 No 1 Manning Fan

No 1 Manning Fan
  • 806 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

I suppose it is a matter of perspective. I trust Reggie when he is on the field, but think assuming he does more than lead by example strikes me as wild speculation. He has absolutely proven himself on the field, but I'm aware of only anecdotal evidence (from this forum) of any ability to develop talent in others. Despite my doubts, I sincerely hope you are right, though, and Reggie turns Kelley into a star.

You may be right. It's just from how Andrew Luck talks about him that it seems like he more than just practiced with him. From the way he relies on Reggie, it seems like he acted as a teacher and mentor. Also, the fact that Reggie wants to work out with Luck in the offseason really sounds like he has stepped up into a leadership role.

#164 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 14795 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

I remember thinking the same thing. But we all thought neither guy would see the field, so maybe Painter had a better understanding of the O and could help out on the sidelines.

I thought the better player and performer deserved the roster spot. Like you say, it wasn't a big deal at the time, considering Manning's backups never played before 2011, but I do think it's indicative of Polian's complacency down the stretch.

LET'S HUNT

#165 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6785 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

I thought the better player and performer deserved the roster spot. Like you say, it wasn't a big deal at the time, considering Manning's backups never played before 2011, but I do think it's indicative of Polian's complacency down the stretch.

You could be right, but as far as performance - we don't know what was going on in the film room or on the sidelines. It could be Painter was more valuable based on that.

Water under the bridge, thank goodness!

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Jul
    T Y Goodbye

I hate the media. The headline is Oregon QB Marcus Mariota only taking 2 classes..Golf and Yoga. What they left out is that he already graduated in 3 years, with over a 3.0 GPA in General Science, and STILL has 2 years of eligibility left.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates