Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Prospects who could fall in our laps

U don't think Jordan is worth the 24th? Wow. I would love if he fell that far, but I don't expect him to

He is a much safer pick then Ansah no doubt and I wouldn't hate the pick but I'd rather have Brandon Jenkins in the 3rd or if we can trade up into the 2nd then I'd get Jenkins then, rather have Okafor in the 1st if we go OLB/DE that round

He is a much safer pick then Ansah no doubt and I wouldn't hate the pick but I'd rather have Brandon Jenkins in the 3rd or if we can trade up into the 2nd then I'd get Jenkins then, rather have Okafor in the 1st if we go OLB/DE that round

But realistically, teams can't think that way. Thinking "oh I can just get player x later" is asking for trouble. If u like a player you take him cause u never know how the draft will shake out....just ask the teams that thought Colin Kapernick would be around in the 3rd.

But realistically, teams can't think that way. Thinking "oh I can just get player x later" is asking for trouble. If u like a player you take him cause u never know how the draft will shake out....just ask the teams that thought Colin Kapernick would be around in the 3rd.

Yep, Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders are perfect examples...   the Colts had those guys pegged and wanted them.   And they pulled the trigger.    Freeney went WAY before most "experts" thought he would.    And Sanders in the second round indy wanted him badly and made it happen.

Take the player you want.    And don't look back.

True, in which case Jenkins does have the numbers and ability to warrant a 1st round pick, which he was pre injury, Im not saying do it obviously because there is risks involved but it is a feasible idea especially if he checks out alright and is able to participate in the combine, he was right up there along with Damontre Moore and Jarvis Jones pre injury, I'd trade if possible into the 2nd for him if we pass on Okafor, which is why I said moving up if possible would be a good idea, he did suffer the broken foot in the season opener rather then late in the season so that would be a plus, some mocks have him free falling down there boards but that all changes once draft day comes and a couple of pass rushers are snatched up sooner then expected, He certainly is a talented kid, I'd say up there with Moore and Jones, worse case scenario if that did happen would be we could resign Freeney to a short term cap friendly deal while Jenkins learns and recovers at his own paceand then Freeney finishes his career as a Colt, insert Jenkins full time and there ya go(have him rotate with Freeney in the mean time). I think he falls down and we have a shot at him in the middle rounds, if not there are other pass rushers. decisions decisons

I picture Jordan being a little like Jerry Hughes.  Can get to the passer well in college because of his pure speed, but maybe not the best "football player".  I don't think he's a safe pick.  I'd rather see us get Alex Okafor - he's much more of a football player, even if his measurables don't make you drool...

Warmack won't fall to 24, Jordan doesn't have the pass rush capability, and I am not a fan of John Hankins. Some prospects likely to fall down to 24 worth taking a look at would be: Sharrif Floyd, Sheldon Richardson, and John Cooper. IMO I would like to see us trade down to Cinci for 37 overall, round 3, and round 5. Cinci would only be losing 3rd and 5th round pick to move up to 24 overall. Then we could go (my wishlist):

Round 2: Larry Warford - OG

Round 3 (from Cinci): Brandon Jenkins - OLB

Round 3: Duke Williams - S

Round 4: Micah Hyde - CB

Round 5: Kwame Geathers - NT

Round 6: Ricky Wagner - OT

Round 7: Dan Buckner - WR

Comp Picks: Fill OL and DL. 

*This is all considering some of the right moves have been made in Free Agency.

My FA Signing wishlist: Vollmer (RT), Vasquez/Levitre/Thomas (OG), Williams (CB), and Byrd/Goldson/Reed (S)

Definitely a very good wish list, and yet, still possible