Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A big thank you to Tom Brady.

SilentHill

Thanks for not showing up at the pro-bowl Tom!

Andrew Luck got to hang out with all of these pro-bowl caliber players and I'm sure he learned a thing or two from them in the process.

To me, for Luck to go to the pro-bowl and be around so many good players and learn from the best in the league (Ok, maybe he didn't learn anything from Schaub lol) is just a priceless experience.

So I'd like to issue Tom Brady a huge thank you for helping to accelerate Andrew Luck's experience in the NFL.

Nice Post Silent Hill:  

While I think the Pro Bowl has outlived it's usefulness,  it is still an honor to be picked by fans and players.  As several players mentioned, it was great to be with their 'peers' and to be with HOFs like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Adrian Peterson.

That said, I applaud our rival Texans for having 9 Pro Bowlers selected....and all 9 SHOWED up to play.  On the other hand only 2 of 7 Patriots decided it was worth their while....OK...there may have been an injury or two, but I will say the Texan organization represented the NFL with total class.....YOU make the call on the Patriots!!   :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:

Did y'all see how accurate his bombs were in the second half? He was the best of the three AFC QB's easily. INT was really stupid and a turrrrble throw but it was a gimmick play that he was put up to by the sideline. Who didn't know that Swatt was gettin' the pass thrown to him? Looked great when he had time to throw, didn't he?

That said, I applaud our rival Texans for having 9 Pro Bowlers selected....and all 9 SHOWED up to play.   :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:

I agree with you on thsi one. I noticed that they were all going when I looked up the Pro Bowl roster. Very nice, Texans!

He mostly had time to throw since the D line wasn't really putting on much pressure, although he did get sacked once, right?

But the DBs were playing tight, they didn't want to get shown up. His throws were really nice, except for that INT, and he knew that was a bad one as soon as he let it go.

Let's get this silly Superbowl out of the way and get to the important stuff. FAs, Combine, the draft, mini camps, preseason...

Can't Wait!

It was a fun game..It got sloppy near the end and they stopped tackling...

..but this was never meant to be a serious game..just an enthusiastic one..

They just have to be wiling to work to entertain...and they did for awhile.

I enjoyed the throws to JJ Watt and the backward onside kick..I wish they'd run more reverses and halfback passes...

the symbolic gesture with Jeff Saturday may not have meant much to many watching but it did to me...

I';d like to see some of the rookie experimentation done during the pro Bowl..like the no kickoffs scenario...

maybe 3 downs///like canadian football.. eliminate extra points ..and have the players interview each other...

Sideline reporters do not need to be there at all..

It was a fun game..It got sloppy near the end and they stopped tackling.....but this was never meant to be a serious game..just an enthusiastic one..They just have to be wiling to work to entertain...and they did for awhile.I enjoyed the throws to JJ Watt and the backward onside kick..I wish they'd run more reverses and halfback passes...the symbolic gesture with Jeff Saturday may not have meant much to many watching but it did to me...I';d like to see some of the rookie experimentation done during the pro Bowl..like the no kickoffs scenario...maybe 3 downs///like canadian football.. eliminate extra points ..and have the players interview each other...Sideline reporters do not need to be there at all..

As far as I'm concerned they can do away with the pregame musical numbers as well

I don't think I can ever thank Tom Brady.

I like that Luck showed what he could do with excellent weapons around him.

The Pro Bowl is a sham and hopefully the NFL does something with it, whether it be thrown away or actually made to matter.

I remember hearing a story of Jack Youngblood playing in the pro bowl with a broken leg. Guys now a days have a hangnail and they are too hurt to play.

Nice Post Silent Hill:  

While I think the Pro Bowl has outlived it's usefulness,  it is still an honor to be picked by fans and players.  As several players mentioned, it was great to be with their 'peers' and to be with HOFs like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Adrian Peterson.

That said, I applaud our rival Texans for having 9 Pro Bowlers selected....and all 9 SHOWED up to play.  On the other hand only 2 of 7 Patriots decided it was worth their while....OK...there may have been an injury or two, but I will say the Texan organization represented the NFL with total class.....YOU make the call on the Patriots!!   :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:

Totally agree with you - kudos to the Texans players, shame/shame on the *s for being bad sports. I was gratified that one of the TV commenters said the same.

I expected no more from the Pats of course. Glad Gisele wouldn't let Old Tommy go - Luck got a great experience instead.

Nice Post Silent Hill:  

Oh shucks, what can we say, we have a very proud organization haha.

Andrew Luck got to hang out with all of these pro-bowl caliber players and I'm sure he learned a thing or two from them in the process.

To me, for Luck to go to the pro-bowl and be around so many good players and learn from the best in the league (Ok, maybe he didn't learn anything from Schaub lol) is just a priceless experience.

So I'd like to issue Tom Brady a huge thank you for helping to accelerate Andrew Luck's experience in the NFL.

LOL - good post. The Pats' lack of class and sportsmanship worked well for us.

Surprised that Billy didn't tell Old Tom "you HAVE to go; we can't afford to help Luck get better by letting him go. You can get 'hurt' once you get there and it's too late for Luck to travel'".

Train was awful......I used to like some of their stuff....the man simply cannot carry a tune....

I believe it was the sound system. The output was very poor. He has talent but as a musician if ur sound is bad , it can make a long night! Poor mixing!

Luck was awesome, and yes thanks Tom Brady for getting hurt (his feelings) and sending Luck to Hawaii.

That said......How the heck did Matt Schaub make it?

Ten bucks says The Schaubinator was pounding Mai Thais on the sideline. Fool goes hard.

I applaud our rival Texans for having 9 Pro Bowlers selected....and all 9 SHOWED up to play.  On the other hand only 2 of 7 Patriots decided it was worth their while....OK...there may have been an injury or two, but I will say the Texan organization represented the NFL with total class.....YOU make the call on the Patriots!!   :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:

You know, that brings up an interesting question: Do any of my NE friends on this site feel angry or upset that Tom Brady did not attend the ProBowl this year? Do they believe that their vote was neglected, taken for granted, or wasted? Personally, I want Vince Lombardi trophies not MVP Awards. Recognition by the media & your peers is nice, but diamond studded Tiffany rings last forever. Yes, not every team or athlete can win one that's true, but if you settle for trips to Hawaii on an annual basis & get complacent you will never reach the top of the mountain in the NFL Promiseland of Immortality. If you win one why not relentlessly pursue two? 3 rings puts you in a stratosphere that most athletes will rarely if ever attain...Isn't that why you play in this league, to break records & set yourself apart from your warrior counterparts? 

As far as I'm concerned they can do away with the pregame musical numbers as well

Amen to that! These NFL events: Both the ProBowl & the SB feel like a 9 hour pregame intermission from Hades. Can we skip the foreplay & slide right into the main event please? Thanks. I do like critiquing SB TV commercials though. The only time I ever watch advertisements.

Usually, they are not funny or clever though. My friends The Peytonator, Braveheartcolt, Brent, QuizBoy, GoPats, Jules, Jay kirk, & ruksak should write & approve all commercials 1st. That would be spectacular! :thmup: At least, I would laugh hysterically for once. haha

Oh why not let all my friends pitch in here...I'd hate to alienate anybody...Besides, you never know where the most creative idea comes from right?