Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You know what I would rather see?

I think the league should scrap the Pro Bowl, simply honor those selected by peers at the Superbowl.......Let the all-stars be part of the SB experience and lead up to the big game that every player strives for and instead have a "free agent" bowl a week after the SB. It would be the pro version of the senior bowl. Where prospective players can show off their talents and value to suitors in the league. You would not have to worry about player effort.....Now they will play hard to prove they deserve to be signed by someone......

The reason to risk would be to garner more money from their new team......cant tell me playing for no reason (as is the current set up) vs. playing to increase your payday is not an improvement.......besides the big names could just withdraw just like the 10 or so starters from each side of todays game did.....its all on the player, choose to market yourself and accept the risk, or not......

The reason to risk would be to garner more money from their new team......cant tell me playing for no reason (as is the current set up) vs. playing to increase your payday is not an improvement.......besides the big names could just withdraw just like the 10 or so starters from each side of todays game did.....its all on the player, choose to market yourself and accept the risk, or not......

You actually think one game is going to raise ones value? The have hours of tape on these free agents...it would be pointless and not worth the time

not unlike todays game then........ok I am good with your opinion. I don't agree with it.....I don't personally have any tape,so maybe thats why we differ.... and I would look forward to watching it.....I guess it depends on what point of view the NFL is trying to market to with the Pro Bowl................ fans and revenue or player evaluation......

for me, I would prefer they market to me a fan.......just thought I would try to throw out a solution to kick around.......

Thanks guys. I totally understand why get injured in the Pro Bowl - Robert Edwards! Is the game meaningless? Think the payout is something like $50,000 for the W and $20,000 for the L or somewhere in that amount. This does not include their incentive clase for making the Pro Bowl. Meaningless?

Fans mention going 14-0 and resting the starters instead of going 16-0, meaningless? You're already in the play-offs. I'm not getting into resting the players, my point is meaningless - WHAT ABOUT THE FANS AND SPECTATORS? Would you want to pay full price if all the starters were resting? If the game is meaningless why do I (fan/spectator) pay $120 for the game? Isn't the game for the fans/spectators? OK OK meaningless game for the players ($50,000/$20,000) then it should be meaningless for the fans/spectators and that ticket should not be $120.00.

I've been attending the Pro Bowl for years, I can drive 30 min to the stadium but need to fly to San Diego (did it twice for the Colts game), SF/Oakland or Seattle for a real NFL game. I'm a fan of the Colts and the NFL, if the game is meaningless then so should the ticket price. The game is for the fans and spectators!

I'm with you guys on injuries and possibly another venue/change in Pro Bowl structure but I'm a fan and give me something if I have to pay $120.00. I don't want a controlled practice with limited hitting as last yeart oh at least they had pads. Again I'm with you guys but trying to put a point from a fan/spectators perspective. My $120 is not meaningless! Give me something for $120 or change the structure of the Pro Bowl.

Thanks guys not debating but trying a fans point of view.

No way NFL players should be put at such a High Risk of injury in an All-Star game.

Because of what they do put themselves through, a free trip to Hawaii for R&R with their peers and Family has been hard earned, and the NFL should continue this.

Let them play some flag football, skills tests, etc. and have a couple of fun filled meet & greet, picture taking Fan days.

This would add Real meaning to being named a Pro Bowl player as you wouldn`t backfill for the Super Bowl players and the ones that don`t attend for whatever reason.

It's admirable of Goodell to try to increase the quality of the Pro Bowl, but he would need to bring some incentive for the players to take the game more seriously. What that would be, I don't even know! As a fan of Pro Football I honestly have never really cared what people played like in the Pro Bowl because to me the season is over. I think it's hard to get people to play at a high level after the seed has been planted in them mentally that the Season Is Over. When your team does not make it to the playoffs or loses in the playoffs, the next mode you go into is cleaning out your locker and preparing to shut things down until after the draft. Once players flip that switch, it's kind of hard to ask them to go into something like the Pro Bowl and play like the season hasn't ended. To theplayers it's like an optional game in my opinion.

I think to get some real value out of the Pro Bowl they may have to restructure things and do it like Pro Baseball and Pro Basketball. Take the Pro Bowl, and have the game during the middle of the season when players minds are still focused on playing at a HIGH level because the season is still very much in play. It may not be worth much, but that's my 2 cents on the issue..........

It's a tough call because the injury risk in football is much higher than baseball and basketball I think.

What Goodell needs to do if he wants to increase the quality of the pro bowl itself without changing the actual event to another event or set of events entirely is to treat it just like a regular season game with regular season rules, but in truth its not a regular season game its to honor (or supposed to)the efforts and contributions of players who for that particular season were the best of the best at what they do that year by sending them to Hawaii (dont they all get paid or the winner gets paid or something to for it?)

No way NFL players should be put at such a High Risk of injury in an All-Star game.

Because of what they do put themselves through, a free trip to Hawaii for R&R with their peers and Family has been hard earned, and the NFL should continue this.

Let them play some flag football, skills tests, etc. and have a couple of fun filled meet & greet, picture taking Fan days.

This would add Real meaning to being named a Pro Bowl player as you wouldn`t backfill for the Super Bowl players and the ones that don`t attend for whatever reason.

Thanks BBS. All I want is fair market value, if the NFL calls it a game give me somewhat of a game. If the NFL changes it to a qb challenge then charge me $25 or whatever is the going rate. I'm against the players getting hurt but if you're gonna advertise a game and charge me for it I want something more than a controlled scrimmage oops controlled practice. If the players/team can re-negotiate a contract for a better market value then as a fan I want a fair deal.