Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

updated 2013 Mock Draft NFL.Com

with us picking 24th in the draft this year, the updated mock draft has us picking these guys with the pick:

Bucky Brooks has us picking : Johnathan Hankins / DT / Ohio State

Daniel Jerimiah has us picking : Sharrif Floyd / DT / Florida

Charles Davis has us picking :Jessie Williams / DT / Alabama

Gil Brandt has us picking : Alex Okafor / DE / Texas

I like those 4 as being possible first rounders for us, but if Robert Woods (WR / USC) is still available i think we have to take him. I have been stressing all year we need to focus on defense in the draft, but i also think Woods could be our replacement go to receiver when Wayne retires. and they have him falling to the 27th pick to the houston texans.....

At the same time, im also liking Matt Elam for our first pick. Safety out of florida. after Vaccaro (Safety /Texas) going in the top 20, i think Elam is the next best Safety. and we need a safety. and i dont know if we can trust passing up on a good safety and hoping we can get rambo in the 3rd round.

my first 3 pick wishlist:

1st round) Elam / or Woods

3rd round) Porter (OLB / Texas A&M)

4th round) Mathieu ( im sticking with this pick, i think it would be a safe pick and he will be a good nickel back)

LOL

"If" Woods is available we have to take him? Are you insinuating that he wouldn't be available or that he's a good value there?

And Mathieu in the fourth? Come on man, work on judging player value.

And stop only giving us DL! That was the same way last time.

no way would I draft a guy just to play nickel in the 3rd round, besides I think he goes as a FS, Porter is just to small for the 3-4 and would be a better fit in the Robert Mathis role anyway in my opinion if he was drafted into a 3-4 scheme but I think he goes as a 4-3 OLB, he is about 10 pounds heavier then a large SS lol (listed as 6'1" 231 at senior bowl

no way would I draft a guy just to play nickel in the 3rd round, besides I think he goes as a FS, Porter is just to small for the 3-4 and would be a better fit in the Robert Mathis role anyway in my opinion if he was drafted into a 3-4 scheme but I think he goes as a 4-3 OLB, he is about 10 pounds heavier then a large SS lol (listed as 6'1" 231 at senior bowl

Mathieu would be drafted in the 4th round, but would be our 3rd pick of the draft since we do not have a 2nd round pick.

Mathieu would be drafted in the 4th round, but would be our 3rd pick of the draft since we do not have a 2nd round pick.

thats what I meant but I still wouldn't take him in the 4th, just as good and bigger Safeties will be their I think

LOL

"If" Woods is available we have to take him? Are you insinuating that he wouldn't be available or that he's a good value there?

considering a couple NFL scouts including chris landry has said he is projected as a 2nd or 3rd round pick but will fall to 4th round or early 5th round. so i would say 4th round is about right.

LOL

I think this is more his opinion then anything. it is not nice to be mean about it. lol