Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday as next offensive line coach?

UKColt13

Anyone think we can get him in??

We already hired an O-line coach.

He'll be involved at some level at some time.  He may want to take a year off just to enjoy it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him as an OL coach / assistant coach, but also wouldn't be surprised to see him somewhere in the FO.  He apparently had a standing FO offer from the club when he signed with GB.

I'd agree with the poster who says take a year to enjoy the family, and then I'd see in the FO....    He doesn't strike me as an assistant coach going back to the grinding life that a coach lives...

I think he'd be a VP of some type in the FO....   He's a big picture, big idea type of guy....  

Hope he's back with Indy soon.    People as good as Jeff Saturday are hard to come by in all walks of life....

Would like to see Jeff Saturday back here involved in whatever area he wished to contribute.

And have him do a teaching seminar in Professionalism & GRIT.

LOL - hope you're joking. After going 11-5 last year, this team does not need that lecture.

If you watch the America's Game version of the 2006 Colts, Jeff is one of the people telling the story.  After Indy won the Super Bowl, Jeff's kids run up to him and he and his son have a conversation to the effect of:

Kid: "Daddy, you won the game?"

Jeff: "Yeah!"
Kid: "So...does this mean we can go home and play video games?"

Or something similar to that.  Jeff's thought was "even after the biggest game/win of my career, the kid's perspective is the one that always brings you home".  I wouldn't be surprised if he took some time off to be with his family.

Also, let's not forget that Jeff is at the NFL TV Boot Camp almost every year.  He has a strong interest in going into media, so that might be a possibility for him

A lecture from Ray Lewis saying he's Retiring helped BAL to the SB........ just saying

Your original words were "teaching seminar in Professionalism & GRIT" (which I had simplified to lecture). What Ray did for the Ravens was not a "teaching seminar" - it was just old-fashioned informal peer motivation like Reggie did during one of our half-times.

This will be my last reply in this thread, just because I don't want this to turn into a p------ match! Cheers! :)