•  

Photo

Jeff Saturday as next offensive line coach?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 UKColt13

UKColt13
  • 868 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Anyone think we can get him in??
Twitter: @AidenRudd

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

We already hired an O-line coach.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#3 UKColt13

UKColt13
  • 868 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Did we?

Excuse my ignorance.
Twitter: @AidenRudd

#4 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5818 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

i seriously doubt jeff goes into coaching. my sense is he wants to spend more time with his kids. that's not to say he wouldn't take an office job with us

#5 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Did we? Excuse my ignorance.

Yep, they promoted Joe Gilbert, he was the asst. O-line coach last yr..

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#6 bavanlan

bavanlan
  • 1827 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Anyone think we can get him in??

He'll be involved at some level at some time.  He may want to take a year off just to enjoy it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him as an OL coach / assistant coach, but also wouldn't be surprised to see him somewhere in the FO.  He apparently had a standing FO offer from the club when he signed with GB.

Haters Gonna Hate.

gallery_46_8_186.jpg

If [our] O-Line was a poker hand, I'd draw three. - Smonroe (9/26/12)

#7 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6737 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'd agree with the poster who says take a year to enjoy the family, and then I'd see in the FO....    He doesn't strike me as an assistant coach going back to the grinding life that a coach lives...

I think he'd be a VP of some type in the FO....   He's a big picture, big idea type of guy....  

Hope he's back with Indy soon.    People as good as Jeff Saturday are hard to come by in all walks of life....

#8 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11414 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

He will be in the FO soon

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#9 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

We promoted the assistant but I could see them maybe bringing Jeff in as the new assistant or giving him a front office job if he wants one.

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#10 throwingBBS

throwingBBS
  • 2582 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Would like to see Jeff Saturday back here involved in whatever area he wished to contribute.

And have him do a teaching seminar in Professionalism & GRIT.

#11 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 8539 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Is Bill Brooks still working in the front office? He and Jeff Herrod were my favorite players pre 1998. I would have liked to see what Bill could have done with Peyton.

#12 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13281 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

If I remember correctly, Irsay offered Saturday a FO position with the team.  I'm sure that offer will stand if Saturday decides to take it

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#13 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6339 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

i seriously doubt jeff goes into coaching. my sense is he wants to spend more time with his kids.

No he's not allowed!!!!!!!!

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#14 willysp

willysp
  • 561 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

He will be in the FO soon

Indeed, you are correct.

He and Irsay agreed to that a year or more ago.

#15 willysp

willysp
  • 561 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Would like to see Jeff Saturday back here involved in whatever area he wished to contribute.

And have him do a teaching seminar in Professionalism & GRIT.

LOL - hope you're joking. After going 11-5 last year, this team does not need that lecture.

#16 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf
  • Rookie
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Any chance he joins Bob in the radio booth? I would love that.

#17 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5818 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

No he's not allowed!!!!!!!!

did you poop your pants again?  O.o 

#18 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6339 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

did you poop your pants again? O.o

Close call!!!!!

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#19 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Any chance he joins Bob in the radio booth? I would love that.

I had that thought since it was announced Wolford was leaving to purse coaching.  I hadn't heard who was going to replace him. 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#20 trueblueblood

trueblueblood
  • 757 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

I hope something drastic happens this offseason as far as the o-line. I was watching an interview with luck at the pro bowl and he said he had "a great offensive line". My father and i looked at each other and laughed. Pretty hard...

#21 trueblueblood

trueblueblood
  • 757 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

LOL - hope you're joking. After going 11-5 last year, this team does not need that lecture.

The o-line does.

#22 willysp

willysp
  • 561 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

The o-line does.

That was never the O-line's problem.  Injuries and skills were their problems.  They did the best they could given those constraints.  Lectures wouldn't have helped.

#23 FanFromtheWasteland

FanFromtheWasteland
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

I wouldn’t want to see him as OLC. Not yet. Assistant first. Just because you were a great player doesn’t mean that you would be a great coach. Not saying that he can’t be. Just want him to test the waters before being thrown in the deep end.   

#24 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11414 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

I had that thought since it was announced Wolford was leaving to purse coaching.  I hadn't heard who was going to replace him. 

I had not heard that he was leaving

Saturday or Ken Dilger would be great replacements

PrincetonTiger77

#25 Kyle

Kyle
  • 1390 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

I had not heard that he was leaving

Saturday or Ken Dilger would be great replacements

ahhhhh Ken Dilger....  I always liked that guy

#26 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9073 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

That was never the O-line's problem. Injuries and skills were their problems. They did the best they could given those constraints. Lectures wouldn't have helped.

A lecture from Ray Lewis saying he's Retiring helped BAL to the SB........ just saying

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#27 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9073 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

If Saturday wants to be apart of this organization again, I'm with it. But if he wants to become more of a family man, I respect that. Either way I'm happy for him.

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#28 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1558 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

I say he goes into upper management not coaching....

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

*** DB ALL DAY ***

#29 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13281 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

If you watch the America's Game version of the 2006 Colts, Jeff is one of the people telling the story.  After Indy won the Super Bowl, Jeff's kids run up to him and he and his son have a conversation to the effect of:

Kid: "Daddy, you won the game?"

Jeff: "Yeah!"
Kid: "So...does this mean we can go home and play video games?"

Or something similar to that.  Jeff's thought was "even after the biggest game/win of my career, the kid's perspective is the one that always brings you home".  I wouldn't be surprised if he took some time off to be with his family.

Also, let's not forget that Jeff is at the NFL TV Boot Camp almost every year.  He has a strong interest in going into media, so that might be a possibility for him

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#30 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11414 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

ahhhhh Ken Dilger....  I always liked that guy

I live(grew up about an hour from Kenny's hometown) and my Uncle was one of his HS teachers

PrincetonTiger77

#31 willysp

willysp
  • 561 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

A lecture from Ray Lewis saying he's Retiring helped BAL to the SB........ just saying

Your original words were "teaching seminar in Professionalism & GRIT" (which I had simplified to lecture). What Ray did for the Ravens was not a "teaching seminar" - it was just old-fashioned informal peer motivation like Reggie did during one of our half-times.

This will be my last reply in this thread, just because I don't want this to turn into a p------ match! Cheers! :)

#32 Andy

Andy
  • 8604 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

I think an FO job would be better, but assistant O-line coach could be very good too.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#33 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1007 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

With all his work in getting the last CBA done I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with an important role in the NFLPA (even though we have 8 more years of labor peace :applause: ), and if not that then it will be a FO position, just don't see coaching for him.

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."--Sun Tzu

#34 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5818 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Close call!!!!!

ah, a shart!

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates