Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UKColt13

Jeff Saturday as next offensive line coach?

34 posts in this topic

i seriously doubt jeff goes into coaching. my sense is he wants to spend more time with his kids. that's not to say he wouldn't take an office job with us

1 person likes this

Did we? Excuse my ignorance.

Yep, they promoted Joe Gilbert, he was the asst. O-line coach last yr..

Anyone think we can get him in??

We already hired an O-line coach.

He'll be involved at some level at some time.  He may want to take a year off just to enjoy it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him as an OL coach / assistant coach, but also wouldn't be surprised to see him somewhere in the FO.  He apparently had a standing FO offer from the club when he signed with GB.

1 person likes this

I'd agree with the poster who says take a year to enjoy the family, and then I'd see in the FO....    He doesn't strike me as an assistant coach going back to the grinding life that a coach lives...

I think he'd be a VP of some type in the FO....   He's a big picture, big idea type of guy....  

Hope he's back with Indy soon.    People as good as Jeff Saturday are hard to come by in all walks of life....

1 person likes this

We promoted the assistant but I could see them maybe bringing Jeff in as the new assistant or giving him a front office job if he wants one.

Would like to see Jeff Saturday back here involved in whatever area he wished to contribute.

And have him do a teaching seminar in Professionalism & GRIT.

Is Bill Brooks still working in the front office? He and Jeff Herrod were my favorite players pre 1998. I would have liked to see what Bill could have done with Peyton.

If I remember correctly, Irsay offered Saturday a FO position with the team.  I'm sure that offer will stand if Saturday decides to take it

i seriously doubt jeff goes into coaching. my sense is he wants to spend more time with his kids.

No he's not allowed!!!!!!!!

He will be in the FO soon

Indeed, you are correct.

He and Irsay agreed to that a year or more ago.

Would like to see Jeff Saturday back here involved in whatever area he wished to contribute.

And have him do a teaching seminar in Professionalism & GRIT.

LOL - hope you're joking. After going 11-5 last year, this team does not need that lecture.

Any chance he joins Bob in the radio booth? I would love that.

I had that thought since it was announced Wolford was leaving to purse coaching.  I hadn't heard who was going to replace him. 

I hope something drastic happens this offseason as far as the o-line. I was watching an interview with luck at the pro bowl and he said he had "a great offensive line". My father and i looked at each other and laughed. Pretty hard...

LOL - hope you're joking. After going 11-5 last year, this team does not need that lecture.

The o-line does.

The o-line does.

That was never the O-line's problem.  Injuries and skills were their problems.  They did the best they could given those constraints.  Lectures wouldn't have helped.

I wouldn’t want to see him as OLC. Not yet. Assistant first. Just because you were a great player doesn’t mean that you would be a great coach. Not saying that he can’t be. Just want him to test the waters before being thrown in the deep end.   

I had that thought since it was announced Wolford was leaving to purse coaching.  I hadn't heard who was going to replace him. 

I had not heard that he was leaving

Saturday or Ken Dilger would be great replacements

I had not heard that he was leaving

Saturday or Ken Dilger would be great replacements

ahhhhh Ken Dilger....  I always liked that guy

That was never the O-line's problem. Injuries and skills were their problems. They did the best they could given those constraints. Lectures wouldn't have helped.

A lecture from Ray Lewis saying he's Retiring helped BAL to the SB........ just saying

If Saturday wants to be apart of this organization again, I'm with it. But if he wants to become more of a family man, I respect that. Either way I'm happy for him.

If you watch the America's Game version of the 2006 Colts, Jeff is one of the people telling the story.  After Indy won the Super Bowl, Jeff's kids run up to him and he and his son have a conversation to the effect of:

Kid: "Daddy, you won the game?"

Jeff: "Yeah!"
Kid: "So...does this mean we can go home and play video games?"

Or something similar to that.  Jeff's thought was "even after the biggest game/win of my career, the kid's perspective is the one that always brings you home".  I wouldn't be surprised if he took some time off to be with his family.

Also, let's not forget that Jeff is at the NFL TV Boot Camp almost every year.  He has a strong interest in going into media, so that might be a possibility for him

ahhhhh Ken Dilger....  I always liked that guy

I live(grew up about an hour from Kenny's hometown) and my Uncle was one of his HS teachers

A lecture from Ray Lewis saying he's Retiring helped BAL to the SB........ just saying

Your original words were "teaching seminar in Professionalism & GRIT" (which I had simplified to lecture). What Ray did for the Ravens was not a "teaching seminar" - it was just old-fashioned informal peer motivation like Reggie did during one of our half-times.

This will be my last reply in this thread, just because I don't want this to turn into a p------ match! Cheers! :)

I think an FO job would be better, but assistant O-line coach could be very good too.

With all his work in getting the last CBA done I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with an important role in the NFLPA (even though we have 8 more years of labor peace :applause: ), and if not that then it will be a FO position, just don't see coaching for him.