Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday to retire after Pro Bowl.

Dustin

Best of luck to Jeff....he provided us leadership for years!!!  I understand he needed to leave for the Packers, but I wish he would have stayed to wear the Colt jersey for the last time....not the discount double-check boy's colors!! (Hey Rodgers... :funny:  discount double-check baby!)

Good luck Jeff!!!  I am hoping AQ Shipley is the next Jeff Saturday......going from seemingly forgotten to the Pro Bowl!!  :)

Not only the one day contract, I hope Jim Irsay has a front office job for him.  Obviously, he has outstanding leadership and communication skills.

I think Mr. Irsay has hinted as much...

I dont know if Jeff still lives in Indy...but he could be an assistant to Grigson...

.....two old O-linemen trying to find us two (or 3) new O-linemen

I would love to see Jeff come back and retire as a Colt !!  He would also be a great addition to the front office or a coaching position.  I always liked Jeff, he reminded me of a big teddy bear  LOL.  Best of luck Jeff in all you do and Thank You for all you did for the Colts !!!

I think Mr. Irsay has hinted as much...

I dont know if Jeff still lives in Indy...but he could be an assistant to Grigson...

.....two old O-linemen trying to find us two (or 3) new O-linemen

He and his wife still own their family house in Carmel that they've had for years.

Sad that he couldn't end his career in Indy but we will probably sign him to a one day contract.

I would even consider retiring his number. He should be a HOF'er and I know he will soon be in the ROH.

I agree we should sign him to a one day contract, but don't know about retiring his number.  Actually his number has already been given to another player:

http://www.colts.com/team/roster/Lee-Ziemba/df8a25a0-508f-4bb1-8e41-b8169e00d84e

Not that Ziemba's number couldn't be changed, but I would think if they had any intention of retiring his number then they wouldn't have given it out again so quickly.

I definitely wish him the best in his future endeavors, whatever he decides to do.  And thanks for the memories Jeff :)

I think Jeff might have too much to do with the NFLPA for him to take a front office job. I seem him far more likely taking a bigger role in the PA than with the Colts, though I wouldn't be upset one iota if I were wrong.

I said this over a year ago. I would not be surprised if Goodell has not sent him a message as well. Can't have too many 'friends" around you.

With Will Wolford leaving the broadcast, I wonder if Mr. Sunday would be considered as his replacement? Jeff has said he wants to get into broadcasting and seemed to be pretty comfortable when he did his weekly spot on Bob & Tom.

I certainly hope Mr. Saturday is brought back in some capacity with the team. For some reason i don't recall hearing that Wolford was leaving... if so I actually liked hearing Jim Sogi on the tv side during preseason. Jeff could work well to he always seemed like a smart guy.

marvin. Near the top in just about every major receiving number their is. Even with log jam at WR it will be hard to keep Marvin out.

Nope. He may not be out entirely but he will have a hard time getting in. The people that Marvin over took to be near the top of those categories? Those are the people still waiting to get in. After nearly 10yrs.

There will need to be OL from this era get in. There are a few greats. Ogden being one, who is probably getting in this year. Then after that its probably Jeff. Rare position, solid résumé, and the fact he was Mannings center. Ontop of the several other feel good factors. UDFA, NFLPA "savior" etc.

I certainly hope Mr. Saturday is brought back in some capacity with the team. For some reason i don't recall hearing that Wolford was leaving... if so I actually liked hearing Jim Sogi on the tv side during preseason. Jeff could work well to he always seemed like a smart guy.

Will took the job as a head football coach at a H.S. in Louisville and it sounded on the last radio broadcast like they were wishing him well as if he wouldn't be back.  Maybe I just misinterpreted what they were saying.

And I agree that Sorgi was pretty good.