Photo

Jeff Saturday to retire after Pro Bowl.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 12999 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

http://profootballta...after-pro-bowl/

A useful website for when you are debating:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Slick_Rick

Slick_Rick
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Hopefully we can sign him to a one day contract so he can end it the right way.

#3 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Sad that he couldn't end his career in Indy but we will probably sign him to a one day contract.

I would even consider retiring his number. He should be a HOF'er and I know he will soon be in the ROH.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#4 unitaswestand

unitaswestand
  • 1202 posts

Not only the one day contract, I hope Jim Irsay has a front office job for him.  Obviously, he has outstanding leadership and communication skills.

#5 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6785 posts

Hopefully we can sign him to a one day contract so he can end it the right way.

Great idea.

#6 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 11992 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Best of luck to Jeff....he provided us leadership for years!!!  I understand he needed to leave for the Packers, but I wish he would have stayed to wear the Colt jersey for the last time....not the discount double-check boy's colors!! (Hey Rodgers... :funny:  discount double-check baby!)

Good luck Jeff!!!  I am hoping AQ Shipley is the next Jeff Saturday......going from seemingly forgotten to the Pro Bowl!!  :)

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#7 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3720 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Yes he was a mainstay here most deffinately appreciated ,good Luck Jeff

#8 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 15647 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Not only the one day contract, I hope Jim Irsay has a front office job for him.  Obviously, he has outstanding leadership and communication skills.

I think Mr. Irsay has hinted as much...

I dont know if Jeff still lives in Indy...but he could be an assistant to Grigson...

.....two old O-linemen trying to find us two (or 3) new O-linemen

#9 UKColt13

UKColt13
  • 897 posts

Offensive line coach??
Twitter: @AidenRudd

#10 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 13702 posts

Good Luck Jeff

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#11 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3720 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Brent IMO with the right people on each side A Q could be just that

#12 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

I think he will probably be a Colt soon again in some capacity.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#13 JlynRN

JlynRN
  • 2301 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I would love to see Jeff come back and retire as a Colt !!  He would also be a great addition to the front office or a coaching position.  I always liked Jeff, he reminded me of a big teddy bear  LOL.  Best of luck Jeff in all you do and Thank You for all you did for the Colts !!!

#14 HGRekks

HGRekks
  • 727 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

I think Jeff might have too much to do with the NFLPA for him to take a front office job. I seem him far more likely taking a bigger role in the PA than with the Colts, though I wouldn't be upset one iota if I were wrong.

#15 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 11992 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Brent IMO with the right people on each side A Q could be just that

Same kind of story as Jeff....just a little bigger an a little meaner...:)

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#16 bavanlan

bavanlan
  • 1865 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

I think Mr. Irsay has hinted as much...

I dont know if Jeff still lives in Indy...but he could be an assistant to Grigson...

.....two old O-linemen trying to find us two (or 3) new O-linemen

He and his wife still own their family house in Carmel that they've had for years.

Haters Gonna Hate.

gallery_46_8_186.jpg

If [our] O-Line was a poker hand, I'd draw three. - Smonroe (9/26/12)

#17 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5989 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

He and his wife still own their family house in Carmel that they've had for years.

yeah, he said he was coming back here to raise the kids

#18 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 5605 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Sad that he couldn't end his career in Indy but we will probably sign him to a one day contract.

I would even consider retiring his number. He should be a HOF'er and I know he will soon be in the ROH.

I agree we should sign him to a one day contract, but don't know about retiring his number.  Actually his number has already been given to another player:

http://www.colts.com...41-b8169e00d84e

Not that Ziemba's number couldn't be changed, but I would think if they had any intention of retiring his number then they wouldn't have given it out again so quickly.

I definitely wish him the best in his future endeavors, whatever he decides to do.  And thanks for the memories Jeff :)

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 was a great day for the State of Indiana!

#19 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5989 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

you can't retire everyone's number. they'd run out of numbers if guys like saturday were retired

#20 Turftoe

Turftoe
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

With Will Wolford leaving the broadcast, I wonder if Mr. Sunday would be considered as his replacement? Jeff has said he wants to get into broadcasting and seemed to be pretty comfortable when he did his weekly spot on Bob & Tom.

#21 SOMDColtsfan

SOMDColtsfan
  • 651 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

With only 16 Colts players and a whole new front office and coaching staff left over from last year Jeff would probably feel like a stranger. The old "gang" is gone

#22 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13129 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Maybe he goes into the Ring of Honor next year would be well deserved!

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#23 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9820 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

He can't be a Oline consultant or something here??? Or maybe we fly him out here for our 1st home game and do the induction to the Ring of Honor

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#24 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3486 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

I think Jeff might have too much to do with the NFLPA for him to take a front office job. I seem him far more likely taking a bigger role in the PA than with the Colts, though I wouldn't be upset one iota if I were wrong.

I said this over a year ago. I would not be surprised if Goodell has not sent him a message as well. Can't have too many 'friends" around you.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#25 IndyTrav

IndyTrav
  • 2884 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I'm never the one to throw HoF around when talking about players.

Outside of Peyton, I think Saturday has the best shot.

I like to argue. 

#26 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1137 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

I'm sure the FO gig that Irsay offered him still stands. He ought to come back when he's ready and coach our O-line!

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#27 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6392 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Had a great career, hopefully he can do some kind of work for the Colts organization. He's a true champ.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#28 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13923 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Well done, Jeff, on a great career.  Not only that, but you were a strong leader on and off the field and a very classy person.

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#29 Vance

Vance
  • 2487 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

I wonder if this will inspire the NFC team to a victory :D

Houston Texans fan and realist. Sarcasm is etched into my DNA.

#30 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Yep.  We need to get Jeff in the FO somehow......before Robert Kraft gets him.

#31 Gandalf

Gandalf
  • Member nst
  • 4384 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

With Will Wolford leaving the broadcast, I wonder if Mr. Sunday would be considered as his replacement? Jeff has said he wants to get into broadcasting and seemed to be pretty comfortable when he did his weekly spot on Bob & Tom.

I certainly hope Mr. Saturday is brought back in some capacity with the team. For some reason i don't recall hearing that Wolford was leaving... if so I actually liked hearing Jim Sogi on the tv side during preseason. Jeff could work well to he always seemed like a smart guy.

I'm a wizard who is drug/alcohol free. Also masqueraded as a human for a while... and didn't like it very much. A veracious reader of those funny little things called books especially J.R.R. Tolkien, and lover of music from classical to rock.

#32 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7669 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

heres hoping we hire him to the front office

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 subvet

subvet

Stand by....

• 1158 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Obviously a favorite player of just about everyone, Colts front office or NFLPA would make me happy.

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway-John Wayne

gallery_3_63_39724.jpg

#34 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13129 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

I'm never the one to throw HoF around when talking about players.

Outside of Peyton, I think Saturday has the best shot.
marvin. Near the top in just about every major receiving number their is. Even with log jam at WR it will be hard to keep Marvin out.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#35 Freenyfan102

Freenyfan102
  • 532 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

I hope the colts do give him a day one contract and also give him a job some where on there staff to keep him here

#36 IndyTrav

IndyTrav
  • 2884 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

marvin. Near the top in just about every major receiving number their is. Even with log jam at WR it will be hard to keep Marvin out.

Nope. He may not be out entirely but he will have a hard time getting in. The people that Marvin over took to be near the top of those categories? Those are the people still waiting to get in. After nearly 10yrs.

There will need to be OL from this era get in. There are a few greats. Ogden being one, who is probably getting in this year. Then after that its probably Jeff. Rare position, solid résumé, and the fact he was Mannings center. Ontop of the several other feel good factors. UDFA, NFLPA "savior" etc.

I like to argue. 

#37 Turftoe

Turftoe
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

I certainly hope Mr. Saturday is brought back in some capacity with the team. For some reason i don't recall hearing that Wolford was leaving... if so I actually liked hearing Jim Sogi on the tv side during preseason. Jeff could work well to he always seemed like a smart guy.

Will took the job as a head football coach at a H.S. in Louisville and it sounded on the last radio broadcast like they were wishing him well as if he wouldn't be back.  Maybe I just misinterpreted what they were saying.

And I agree that Sorgi was pretty good.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      28 Jul
    Bogie

PsuedoHistory logic-I don't know; therefore aliens!

Show comments (3)
View All Updates