Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chance Warmack

If this kid starts to slip(which I doubt), but if he does make it past say 10 or somehow into the teens, do you think we should try and trade up to acquire him? I think he is hands down the best O-lineman in the draft and would be a major upgrade on the interior of our line

No, there are a lot of good O-Linemen in this years draft and we have too many holes to fill to be trading away picks.

If this kid starts to slip(which I doubt), but if he does make it past say 10 or somehow into the teens, do you think we should try and trade up to acquire him? I think he is hands down the best O-lineman in the draft and would be a major upgrade on the interior of our line

He would be a huge upgrade from McGlynn, but then most would be. I don't want to trade up, if anything I would trade down to strengthen our D.

Upgrade the O line in FA, D in the draft.

I am not going to say absolutely NO because if he would for some miraculous reason be 3 or 4 pick away......and I do not see my BPA??????  I might consider it.  So I will not say an absolute NO.  With that said...he will not fall that far.....fun thinking he might :)

Off topic a little, but some mocks have us going OL in 1 and 3......some have us going DT and LB 1 and 3.......I want Mel Kiper's job.....or the weather man....you are wrong 90% of the time and still get paid  :yahoo:

Edited by BrentMc11

Wouldnt trade up, there will still be talented players on the board that fill other positions of need. If he begins to slide we just gotta hope hes still there at 24.

I look at it like this.... I'd say a good 85% (Being Generous) of those Lineman in the Draft are BETTER than what we have. But like I said, I think we'll draft Defense heavy this year

Free agency will help clear the picture up....and you're right, the defense needs upgrades at OLB/CB/SS. I'm really curious to see the mix of offensive/defensive free agents Grigson pursues.

But if Warmack is still on the board at #24....I'll want us to take him under almost any realistic free agency scenario.

Free agency will help clear the picture up....and you're right, the defense needs upgrades at OLB/CB/SS. I'm really curious to see the mix of offensive/defensive free agents Grigson pursues.

But if Warmack is still on the board at #24....I'll want us to take him under almost any realistic free agency scenario.

I'm sure Grigson would consider pulling the Trigger on Him or that Center who got in the altercation with MaCarron in the National Championship (forgot his name). But either one of those guys would be an Upgrade to our patchwork oline

He will be around at least to the teens and maybe even early twenties, If Dallas does not draft him at 16 then I expect we have an extremely good shot to get him unless a team pulls a surprise pick, only other team 1-15 in rankings I can see him going to would be the Cardinals and that is arguably an even stronger possibility then the Cowboys given Arians scheme and the Cardinals lack of O Line talent, I expect he will go to one of those teams but if not then he could fall right into our lap

He will be around at least to the teens and maybe even early twenties, If Dallas does not draft him at 16 then I expect we have an extremely good shot to get him unless a team pulls a surprise pick, only other team 1-15 in rankings I can see him going to would be the Cardinals and that is arguably an even stronger possibility then the Cowboys given Arians scheme and the Cardinals lack of O Line talent, I expect he will go to one of those teams but if not then he could fall right into our lap

Dallas is picking at 18, St. Louis is at 16, and either of these teams would pull the trigger. He's top 10 talent that won't make it past 20 in the first round. 

Dallas is picking at 18, St. Louis is at 16, and either of these teams would pull the trigger. He's top 10 talent that won't make it past 20 in the first round. 

Yeah I forgot the Rams moved to a Man scheme, I still think the Cowboys will get him