Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck first suggested Colin Kaepernick to Harbaugh.

ColtsFTW

From the "it's a small world" department....

The paths for Luck and Kaepernick could have crossed much earlier.   Two years before Luck came to Stanford,  his father was trying to drum up interest in his son.   Was hoping he'd go to Stanford.    At the time, Colin was a 2-star kid and Stanford, whose program was struggling badly at the time,  was trying to fish in deeper water for more talented kids...

So Colin went off to Nevada.     But, if he had gone to Stanford he would have been there for Luck's run...  and then, perhaps the world would never have known just how good Kaepernick was....?

We'll never know.....

Apparently after the Manning Passing Academy Harbaugh inquired about anyone that Luck thought was impressive and Luck told him Kaepernick.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/ostler/article/Harbaugh-road-tested-Kaepernick-in-2011-4218962.php#photo-4077921

Thats a cool story ,  Kaepernick  this is probably the first time I spelled his name right . I believe he is the face of the franchise for the 49ers  for many years to come . I 'm not a fan of either team in the Hurl-bowl but I would'nt be surprised to see the 49ers Win with Kapernick the MVP .  

:blueshoe:   :thmup:  

I would'Thats a cool story ,  Kaepernick  this is probably the first time I spelled his name right . I believe he is the face of the franchise for the 49ers  for many years to come . I 'm not a fan of either team in the Hurl-bowl but I wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers Win with Kapernick the MVP .  

:blueshoe:   :thmup:  

The Ravens are gonna put Kaepernick to sleep.  :yes:

The Ravens are gonna put Kaepernick to sleep.  :yes:

LOL  :goat:     IMHO   Old Ray Ray  & the rest of the over the hill gang better put wheels on there walkers , not to mention the 49er D  is gonna get after Flacco bye the end of the day , he'll look more like a plucked Chicken then a Raven .

:funny::HFire:

LOL  :goat:     IMHO   Old Ray Ray  & the rest of the over the hill gang better put wheels on there walkers , not to mention the 49er D  is gonna get after Flacco bye the end of the day , he'll look more like a plucked Chicken then a Raven .

I agree. I think the 49ers are gonna make Flacco resort back to his regular season ways. And I'd take Kaepernick over Lewis in the open field. Gonna be a good game though.

I agree. I think the 49ers are gonna make Flacco resort back to his regular season ways. And I'd take Kaepernick over Lewis in the open field. Gonna be a good game though.

I'm going to have to agree with this 100%.  The Ray Lewis story has made for a great ride for Baltimore but I think it doesn't end on a high note

Kaepernick is a good dual threat QB , very accurate QB and should have been the #2 QB taken in 2011 draft. 

I always remember that he, Cam Newton, and Tim Tebow were all in 20/20 club ( 20 passing TDs and 20 rushing TDs in the same year) in college.

But because he didn't go against the mighty SEC and was in the MWC, he was overlooked. 

I think he and Luck are a lot alike except Kaepernick has a better team around him than Luck right now.

lmao 

It's not Ray Ray they have to worry about.  Bernard Pollard is the freakin Sandman! But then again he's not facing the Patriots this week.   haha   

I agree that Flacco will have his hands full with that Niners defense.  But the Ravens just seem to have that team of destiny look to them this post season.  We'll see.  Should be a pretty good game regardless.

lmao

It's not Ray Ray they have to worry about.  Bernard Pollard is the freakin Sandman! But then again he's not facing the Patriots this week.   haha   

I agree that Flacco will have his hands full with that Niners defense.  But the Ravens just seem to have that team of destiny look to them this post season.  We'll see.  Should be a pretty good game regardless.

I agree       

Jim Harbaugh our Cap Comeback had some magical moments for the Colts  , The Hail Mary - missed bye this much :scorebad:  .        So close .  I just think its his time, his team has everything it takes to be great , With the insertion of Colin Kapernick on the offense - a killer D ,A running game not to mention Vernon Davis has looked unstoppable , A team of destiny so to speak .

The 49er's have'nt looked relevant for eons Jim Harbaugh in a couple of seasons have brought respect & credability to a franchise that had floundered in the City by the Bay , I was a Joe Montana fan - Not a Steve Young fan . But both did great & the SB wins put that city on the map  in sports  IMO .

Now this skinny looking kid with a rocket arm & lightning speed who was considered a gimmick system QB coming into the league  . Has the opportunity to be in rarified air with a Lombardi & Ring . Mentioned in the same sentence with past Champions in his second year , :number1:

It will come down to the QB play , I'v seen alot of Flacco he has good moments in games I just don't think he's good enough & will collapse under pressure , He's trying to prove he's worth elite QB money in FA + He's looking around him & he realizes its now or never . 

Good luck to the teams & there fans , I hope the SB is a hard fought slugfest .

:cheer:

I just realized I plagarized your team of destiny , After i reread your post I realized that it was there & that it could apply to either team .  

With Ray Lewis & his upcoming retirement who could ask for a better  Swan Song .

On a side note my son said he saw a picture of Jim Harbaugh & Ray Lewis in Ravens jersey's I had'nt realized they had played togeather .

I just realized I plagarized your team of destiny , After i reread your post I realized that it was there & that it could apply to either team .  

With Ray Lewis & his upcoming retirement who could ask for a better  Swan Song .

On a side note my son said he saw a picture of Jim Harbaugh & Ray Lewis in Ravens jersey's I had'nt realized they had played togeather .

LOL don't worry about it.  It's not like I got exclusive rights to the term or anything. That's just it though...when teams make it to the big game, they all feel like they are a team of destiny to some extent. 

Yeah Jim Harbaugh played for the Ravens after he left the Colts.  I think he played with them during Peyton's rookie year 1998.