Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darrelle Revis CB, Jets; ON THE BLOCK

PMan Escape Plan

Hmmm.... Greg Rosenthal reports the same:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130427/article/woody-johnson-meddles-with-darrelle-revis-decision

Jets' owner is pondering to trade Revis. Cap problems, if I get it right.

His earlier stats are impressive (in most of 2012 season he was injured), but I don't know in what shape he is now...

If Jets are dumb enough to trade him... let's offer them a 3rd round pick and Drew Stanton for Revis. I think they need a servicable QB.

Since Vontae Davis played well for us down the stretch, I'm not convinced his price justifies our needs. If we give up our 1st, our o-line will take a hit, which I'm almost certain will be an o-lineman, since protection for Luck was a huge issue. It's a miracle Luck wasn't injured.

Since Vontae Davis played well for us down the stretch, I'm not convinced his price justifies our needs. If we give up our 1st, our o-line will take a hit, which I'm almost certain will be an o-lineman, since protection for Luck was a huge issue. It's a miracle Luck wasn't injured.

Couldn't have said it any better.

I think Davis alone isn't enough, just remember our PO-game. While Davis was  covering Torey Smith pretty well, Vaughn was blanked by Baldin several times. So, I think we need an other CB.

Yeah I agree. However, Powers will be back next year (if we re-sign him); if we keep Butler, Powers would be a servicable nickel and Vaughn will go back to his rightful place on ST.

I think we need more studies on the concussive effects of pro football on some of its fans!

Lets trade all  our picks for Revis

Sign Ed Reed

Tim Tebow

JaMarcus Russell

Hell lets talk Ray Lewis out of retirement......

whats next? dogs and cats sleeping together?

I don't think anyone knows that he's on the block. http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/15049-should-we-get-revis-merge/

lol...agreed...no one had any idea.  It's not like there's a poll at the top of the forum asking the very same question, which I might add was already merged with another duplicate thread that had already been started.  Well I guess this just makes another addition to the merge.

You have to think about depending on what we have to give up. You get Revis and you have effectively shut off half the field. So that puts Davis on their number two guy and that will make him even better. Then you throw in Mathis going after the QB and you have the perfect weapon to fight this pass happy league.<br /><br />Bottom line is Revis is the best corner in this league and worrying about guys like Powers and Vaughn should never come into our thought.<br /><br />All that matters is how much we have to give up and I doubt we will get him cheap. If we could get him for our first year, focus on OL in free agency and get Mathis some help I think we could make a legitimate run at the Super Bowl.

like i have said on the other thread or two about this topic he is not worth our 1st pick. sorry but the guy wants a raise every year, he has a bad attitude, and he is only about himself. we do not need that drama in indy. i dont care how good of a player he is. one bad apple brings down the whole locker room.

Hmmm.... Greg Rosenthal reports the same:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130427/article/woody-johnson-meddles-with-darrelle-revis-decision

Jets' owner is pondering to trade Revis. Cap problems, if I get it right.

His earlier stats are impressive (in most of 2012 season he was injured), but I don't know in what shape he is now...

If Jets are dumb enough to trade him... let's offer them a 3rd round pick and Drew Stanton for Revis. I think they need a servicable QB.

Stanton is a FA, so i dont think we can trade him lol. but i also would not off the jets a 3rd rounder. all of the CB's traded this year were had for a 4th round pick or a lower pick. except for vontae davis inwhich was had for a 2nd round pick. so give the jets our 4th round pick for revis, or our 6th round pick for him lol.

Not a chance I'd do it, just draft Xavier Rhodes or sign, Brent Grimes, Tracey Porter or Sam Shields and for the love of repectable Corners everywhere either send Vaughn or Powers packin, preferably Vaughn but hey Powers is only slightly better because he does not resort to drawing PI penalties because of lack of talent, both should be gone in my book but unfortunately Powers is not going anywhere I bet

I'd pass on Revis and not even question myself. He's coming off a serious knee injury that could slow him down substantially and he may never be the same. He is not worth spending the type of money he would cost. He's not worth losing draft picks over and there are cheaper options available that haven't had a torn up knee. 

You have to think about depending on what we have to give up. You get Revis and you have effectively shut off half the field. So that puts Davis on their number two guy and that will make him even better. Then you throw in Mathis going after the QB and you have the perfect weapon to fight this pass happy league.<br /><br />Bottom line is Revis is the best corner in this league and worrying about guys like Powers and Vaughn should never come into our thought.<br /><br />All that matters is how much we have to give up and I doubt we will get him cheap. If we could get him for our first year, focus on OL in free agency and get Mathis some help I think we could make a legitimate run at the Super Bowl.

I think you may be relying on old data. Considering that Revis spent most of this past season on IR, wasn't quite looking his old self in the couple games prior to his injury, and has a history of issues like hammies, I'm not sure there are any guarantees that he can still shut down his computer, let alone half the field. Has anyone considered the possibity that he's on the trading block because his career as an impact player is over, and the Jets want to get value for him while no one knows it yet?

I'd pass on Revis and not even question myself. He's coming off a serious knee injury that could slow him down substantially and he may never be the same. He is not worth spending the type of money he would cost. He's not worth losing draft picks over and there are cheaper options available that haven't had a torn up knee. 

I agree 100%

This ain't "free agent Corey Simon at 14M" we're talking here....Darrelle Revis will want premier NFL superstar $$$$ and IMO the risk is way too high with that ACL.

Injury history matters and we have several other well-discussed roster concerns.