Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton thought that 2nd OT would have another coin-flip.

Dustin

Sorry I don't have a source for this, but it was on Inside the NFL.

He was basically telling the team on his last drive that they needed to get into field goal range before the "second coin-flip".

Just thought this would show his motivation for trying to force the ball with under a minute left in the quarter.

Worst excuse of the year. How we all ripped McNabb a few years ago. Do not blame the refs for this piece of junk.
McNabb didn't know that there is only 1 OT in a regular season game.

Peyton didn't know a very obscure rule. When was the last 2OT game in the NFL?

He is supposed to know the rule and they were near the 50 yard line with two timeouts left if nothing was there he should have thrown the ball away, just a bad decision on his part to throw the ball in that situation its that simple

Wait a minute, is this not the most studious man in the NFL...EVER? He blew it, we all know that, and felt his pain. But this is just ridiculous.

He is supposed to know the rule and they were near the 50 yard line with two timeouts left if nothing was there he should have thrown the ball away, just a bad decision on his part to throw the ball in that situation its that simple

stokley was wide open with a good 25 yards of Yac possible ,, peyton threw across body in reg season to stockley when flushed to right sideline & got a td

It was a bad decision as he didnt have the arm strength to throw over the defender  to a wide open stockley so throw was quite poor & underthrown 

Sorry I don't have a source for this, but it was on Inside the NFL.

He was basically telling the team on his last drive that they needed to get into field goal range before the "second coin-flip".

Just thought this would show his motivation for trying to force the ball with under a minute left in the quarter.

stokley was wide open with a good 25 yards of Yac possible ,, peyton threw across body in reg season to stockley when flushed to right sideline & got a td

It was a bad decision as he didnt have the arm strength to throw over the defender  to a wide open stockley so throw was quite poor & underthrown 

yes it is a rare occurance, but the ref stated at the start of OT that we are starting a new game and the only difference is that first to score rule and that all replays are upstairs . . . otherwise is a new game . . . it understandable that the Broncos were in some degree of shock, after just yielding a game tying TD, and one may not be listening to everything another is saying . . .

It is always refreshing to see an individual being honest like PM was with his comments and the same goes for McNabb . . . I always tip my tap to people who are honest even if they may take a little ribbing for it . . .

Worst excuse of the year. How we all ripped McNabb a few years ago. Do not blame the refs for this piece of junk.

How is this an excuse? Reading comprehension bro, do you have it? I just stated that that's why he was trying to force the throw. I didn't say it was a bad throw or that it wasn't a bad decision. Just giving insight to why he was trying to fit passes into such tight windows that drive.

How is this an excuse? Reading comprehension bro, do you have it? I just stated that that's why he was trying to force the throw. I didn't say it was a bad throw or that it wasn't a bad decision. Just giving insight to why he was trying to fit passes into such tight windows that drive.

If he thought there was another coin flip, it made perfect sense to try that pass since even if the ball got int the first OT could be over and it might not matter. Really hope somebody can confirm with Peyton.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 24, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, January 24, 2013 - inflammatory

This premadonna can simply do no wrong it appears.He blew it...case closed!Too bad is massive ego doesn't match his talent.FOR YEARS,colt fans'(AND COACHING STAFF) were an enabler to this guy.We sat back and did NOTHING,even though the one and done's were piling-up.We gave this hack too much control over the offense.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 24, 2013 - responding to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 24, 2013 - responding to removed post
This premadonna can simply do no wrong it appears.He blew it...case closed!Too bad is massive ego doesn't match his talent.FOR YEARS,colt fans'(AND COACHING STAFF) were an enabler to this guy.We sat back and did NOTHING,even though the one and done's were piling-up.We gave this hack too much control over the offense.

There's so much wrong with this statement that I don't even know where to start.

I don't think using this as an "excuse" is going to work since not understanding rules like McNabb did only makes one look more awkward. But I kinda agree on his over-controling the offense since being a QB and OC at the same time is really too much for one person. Still his coaching staff need to show they are smarter than him first to take their control back if they want to.

The funny thing is if this was anyone but Luck or Manning this board would be laughing and making fun of him and receive the same reaction McNabb got.

Overtime has always been another game the only difference was before it was sudden death and you just kept going like a regular game until someone scored. Now you have the new rules. This is not some obscure rule that has never been used before.

The funny thing is if this was anyone but Luck or Manning this board would be laughing and making fun of him and receive the same reaction McNabb got.

Overtime has always been another game the only difference was before it was sudden death and you just kept going like a regular game until someone scored. Now you have the new rules. This is not some obscure rule that has never been used before.

There's only been like 6 double OTs in history. That's pretty obscure.

Thats who that was! Stokley, it happened so fast and cameras barely caught Stokley while Manning was scrambling, but when I saw it I thought he was WIDE open 

There's only been like 6 double OTs in history. That's pretty obscure when the last one happened like 9 years ago.

2004 between Panthers and Rams, The rule was not explained well by the ref but I would think Manning new the rule but if he says he didn't I guess he didn't either way he had plenty of time to move the ball downfield with 2 timeouts and very close to the 50 yard line (within a couple yards) he just rushed and tried to do to much, sometimes it works out, other times ya get what happened in that game

How many double ot games have there been in the history of the nfl

This premadonna can simply do no wrong it appears.He blew it...case closed!Too bad is massive ego doesn't match his talent.FOR YEARS,colt fans'(AND COACHING STAFF) were an enabler to this guy.We sat back and did NOTHING,even though the one and done's were piling-up.We gave this hack too much control over the offense.

This coming from a guy who thinks the residents of Indiana have a say in day to day operations of the colts organization..

This premadonna can simply do no wrong it appears.He blew it...case closed!Too bad is massive ego doesn't match his talent.FOR YEARS,colt fans'(AND COACHING STAFF) were an enabler to this guy.We sat back and did NOTHING,even though the one and done's were piling-up.We gave this hack too much control over the offense.

This "primadonna" also led the team to unprecedented success in franchise history, 2 Super Bowl appearances and 1 Lombardi trophy. Yeah, what a hack!

Yeah. I'm starting to notice a pattern with you. Every post you make is inflammatory and meant to invoke an emotional, angry response. Quick question; Do you get off on this sort of thing? 

This "primadonna" also led the team to unprecedented success in franchise history, 2 Super Bowl appearances and 1 Lombardi trophy. Yeah, what a hack!

& could have been more with better coaching and an all around team , its a team game

Colts have learned lesson, new staff will provide proper offensive & defensive balance noit relying on someont to always get a lead and then tree off on QB's to proitect it

if that was the case why does peyton have the most 4th qrtr comebacks in history

Yeah. I'm starting to notice a pattern with you. Every post you make is inflammatory and meant to invoke an emotional, angry response. Quick question; Do you get off on this sort of thing? 

So if i(a colts fan),don't  agree with the greatness/legend of p-money,then my opinion is less valued?My opinion is equal to yours.

Dustin....

If he thought there would be a second coin flip....

..wouldnt that make him more careful...Denver could have won the second coin flip..

..and the last pass wasn't careless....Manning threw a TD on a similar play 3 weeks earlier..

... ...Stokley was open....Peyton just threw the ball very badly..

..and to be honest..I didnt know there wasn't a coin flip either...In the regular season there is only one OT

I havnet seen a double overtime NFL game in a couple of decades...

This coming from a guy who thinks the residents of Indiana have a say in day to day operations of the colts organization..

And your point is what,exactly?We do.We pay taxes for them and they're in our newly built stadium.Yeah,i think we do.

So if i(a colts fan),don't  agree with the greatness/legend of p-money,then my opinion is less valued?My opinion is equal to yours.

So you deny that your post was meant to get under peoples skin? 

Your verbiage was so overtly insulting to Manning that one could be quite assured you were just being mean. I don't make posts to be mean. I usually try to make people smile and laugh. I find much more satisfaction in doing so, as opposed to just being a big 'ol meany. 

I mean......I get that he's not your favorite QB, but to call one of the NFL's most prolific passers a "hack"? You're just being silly, brother. 

& could have been more with better coaching and an all around team , its a team game

Colts have learned lesson, new staff will provide proper offensive & defensive balance noit relying on someont to always get a lead and then tree off on QB's to proitect it

if that was the case why does peyton have the most 4th qrtr comebacks in history

Why people put all of the praise OR all of the blame on Peyton is beyond me. Look at Tom Brady. When the Pats had a balanced team, he won 3 Super Bowls. Since then, he has played lights out and led one of the best offenses in league history, but has fallen short of winning another trophy because the Pats' defense has declined. Are we all going to blame Brady and call him a hack? No. He has been better since the Super Bowl years, but it takes balance on both sides of the ball.