Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denard Robinson drafted as a WR and could run Read Option

Ok, I know many of you are laughing at me right now, and wondering how am I posting so many thoughts tonight. Just on a roll when i start digging into the draft I guess. Well here is a thought. I believe the Pistol, and/or Read Option will get figured out as all new offenses due, but there is a place for it, since it does make it tougher on defenses due to having to account for the quarterback. Now I would not want to run it as a team full time because my franchise QB would only be a QB for a limited number of years. But in limited does, it makes sense.

So here is my thought. Someone is going to take Denard Robinson due to his athletic skills and try to make him a receiver. He won't be a high draft pick, so not a lot of risk, and you could have packages where he runs QB and the read option or the pistol to change it up as a package. I think it is intriguing. The only thing is, if you have a franchise QB, you don't want to take him off the field. Well with Denard as a WR, you would not have to. I don't want Luck lining up as a receiver, but I believe someone is going to think about this the same way I am right now. If nothing else, the read option is going to cause a bit of a change, although it won't change what teams ideally want. As I said though, as a package, it would give other teams something to think about, and you know Denard can run. Silly thought, who knows?

I love Denard.

He doesn't fit us at all. We have enough guys like him (TY, Palmer, maybe Avery) and our WCO requires good hands and route running, something I doubt Denard can do.

I agree Washington would be scary with him. Maybe Chip Kelly's Eagles could use him?

Pittsburgh and Antwaan Randle El comes to mind with Robinson.... I think Robinson is even flashier.

I agree.....not for us, but he will end up a fan favorite somewhere....just think if he turns into a little slot receiver....Denard Welker?  Naaaa....I will stay with Randle El... rotflmao

I love Denard.

He doesn't fit us at all. We have enough guys like him (TY, Palmer, maybe Avery) and our WCO requires good hands and route running, something I doubt Denard can do.

I agree Washington would be scary with him. Maybe Chip Kelly's Eagles could use him?

Agreed

Although he could have a great career he doesn't fit here with the Colts