Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coach Speak with Offensive Coordinator / Quarterback Coach Pep Hamilton

coming on strong

This is when pep hamilton was the offensive coorinator, this video can help give us a preview of what pep hamilton will bring to the colts , and his skill at play calling.

I had to stop watching that video after the interception lol, it wasn't making very confident

I like the play calling in the video.

Pep also likes to give Andrew options which I think is beneficial to him to reading the defense correctly.

Also a saw a lot of RBs and guys in the backfield catching passes which is another thing that we needed last year.

Also we could see Fleener & Allen getting more time on the field with Fleener in the slot and Allen playing the traditional TE spot.

TY could be used like Montgomery was in that bowl game with a lot of bubble screens and short routes and use Hilton's speed to get upfield quickly.

Def alot of short routes, but they are incorporated well with the deeper routes within the same play. I just want better Red Zone production. That's what we were missing this year often
Mostly short routes because Stanford's receivers weren't speedy.

Couple of thoughts....

As this was a Jan 3 Bowl Game,  remember, Pep had roughly 3-4 weeks to prepare a game plan.   What says more is what an OC does on a week to week basis during the regular season.   My mother can come up with a good game plan in a month and she's been dead for more than 20 years.   (but she was a very good game planner!)

Also....   Pep was doing what he was doing because of Stanford's limitations...   few quality WR's...   Stanford ran the ball often and threw ball control pass plays to keep our defense off the field as much as possible. 

Pep has been in the NFL for roughly 7 years.   He'll adapt the best of what Stanford did with what the NFL requires....  of that I'm modestly confident.

My concern is day to day, week to week, and in-game play calling.   It's Pep, a new NFL OC and play caller,  vs. top NFL DC's....   That concerns me greatly....   He was not viewed as a great play caller at Stanford.   Not bad, but not great.   So, how will he do on the highest level?     That remains to be seen....

Interesting times ahead.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Isaiah Land he says.     Every year it happens. The Dallas Cowboys make some tough roster cuts and we all wait nervously to see if our favorite prospects make it cleanly through waivers. Most do, but every once in a while, a team will scoop up that one guy we were hoping made it to the practice squad. This year, that player is edge rusher Isaiah Land. An undrafted free agent from Florida A&M, Land dealt with injuries his final year in college, but had a remarkable season in 2021 when he finished with 19 sacks, 25.5 tackles for a loss, and three fumble recoveries. While there is a lot to be uncovered with him, he still flashed enough to draw interest from the Cowboys. Throughout the summer, the young edge rusher had impressed and it looked like the team had found another diamond in the rough. Land was fantastic during the preseason. In three games, he finished with 10 total pressures, which was the second-most of any player on any NFL team this preseason. He also finished with seven hurries on 45 pass-rushing snaps. He only recorded one official sack but finished with a pass rush win rate of 20%. Not only that, he had opposing tackles so worried about his get-off that they were regularly jumping early. There were several instances when tackles would get called for a false start.    Might as well be optimistic about  Woods and Land contributing to our resurrection. 
    • Nice catch Stitch.  Year two of Steichen, our very functional TE group and Downs gives me very high expectations that we will be highly effective attacking the middle of the field. If we do add another WR to help complement the other side of the field, Pittman's ability to be even more outstanding only goes up. And I feel confident another guy will be added. Our offense should be very strong for 2024.
    • I'm hopeful Colts resign Blackmon and do this in the draft
    • I just saw Pittman's "Reception Perception" charts... so here it goes:        
  • Members

• erock

erock 3

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 16,994

• ColtStrong2013

ColtStrong2013 3,232

• Jason_

Jason_ 2,167

• BlackTiger

BlackTiger 1,104

• stitches