Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JaMarcus Russell planning a comeback!

ReMeDy

First of all, fellow Colts guy, when and where did I espouse hatred for Tebow? 

Secondly; how does supporting Russel's comeback attempt in any way "suit" me? 

Third; I'm not real cool with your comment "people like yourself". 

Tebow is a fierce lion of a competitor. I admire his gusto greatly. I have said this here many times over. I feel he is not a skilled QB and will never develop into one. Though I would be happy to see him reach that mark if at all possible.

In closing; Check how you step to people that you do not know. 

ruksak, I must complement you. You do a nice job of being civil, framing your counter argument effectively, & deflating the tires on a unfounded assertion/accusation in a calm, rational, & sincere way. I respect your debating skills, intellect, & sarcasm a great deal.  :hat:  Nothing special in my response here. I just like letting people know, or I am intelligent to know, haha  what my friends excel at.  :thmup:

Good call.. The NFL network said the jets are looking into him

Seriously? The Jets are inquiring about JaMarcus Russell...Please tell me they are not that foolish. Even if Russell's weight & work ethic has improved dramatically, wasn't he addicted to purple painkiller cocktails or something like that? A good QB on suspension for a substance abuse problem is not a wise free agent pickup IMO no matter how cheap their QB contract is. 

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/07/jamarcus-russell-codeine-arrest-purple-drank/1#.UQjWT44vTKM

image.png

It's because, he DID have the talent and he threw it away because he was lazy and felt entitled. I hate entitlement and I hate it when these guys are given an unbelievable gift of size and athleticism and they decide they don't have to work for their fame or fortune. They feel like it should just be given to them without having to do anything to deserve it. Russell is the epitome of fat, lazy, piece of scum.

If you want to call him fat and lazy, I understand. But to call a human being a piece of scum for failing at football is wrong. Maybe you think you're better than everyone? Can I call you a piece of scum next time you fail at something?

If you want to call him fat and lazy, I understand. But to call a human being a piece of scum for failing at football is wrong. Maybe you think you're better than everyone? Can I call you a piece of scum next time you fail at something?

I'd call him a piece of scum because he robbed the Raiders of $60 million. He didn't fail. He quit. Plain and simple. He got the money and didn't care about anything else.

I'd call him a piece of scum because he robbed the Raiders of $60 million. He didn't fail. He quit. Plain and simple. He got the money and didn't care about anything else.

People like you is the reason I don't post much in the forums. You think you have all the answers to everything.

People like you is the reason I don't post much in the forums. You think you have all the answers to everything.

OK prove me wrong. He got his money, didn't study film, didn't work out, did absolutely nothing. Took it and ran.

Tim Couch failed. Brady Quinn Failed. 

Jamarcuss Russel quit.

Wow dude, chill out. I didn't call him a piece of scum because he failed at football. I called him that because he was spoiled, fat, lazy, and felt entitled. That is all true and it is the general consensus from just about everybody that knew the guy. His teammates knew it, his coaches knew it, and after he got his money he basically just quit and took the money and ran. Failure has nothing to do with it, there is a huge difference in somebody working their butt off and still failing to succeed and just not even trying and giving up. If you can't see the difference, then I can't help ya, but Russell was a quitter because he was lazy and wasn't willing to work for the millions of dollars he received for nothing. IMO that = a piece of scum.

I read both articles on former Raiders QB Jamarcus Russell. He seems to blame everybody but himself. Sleep problems, team mate problems, & HC shortcomings. Hmmm...perhaps Mr. Russell you are simply lazy with a pathetic work ethic. I don't think anyone in the NFL will buy your "turn over a new leaf" public relations campaign. You haven't taken a single snap since 2009...anything over 12 months makes NFL GM's cringe. Does he expect to start? I hope he's not delusional enough to think that he's still a #1 draft pick & a starting QB. 

Yes, this is America, the land of 2nd chances...But, I would go the route of the CFL or AFL to get my confidence back & get something new on video tape to document his progress as a QB for potential NFL teams 4 years from now. Translation: Russell's dreams of becoming a starting NFL QB are dead on arrival due to his age & the bridges he burned among coaches, coordinators, GM's, & owners as a result of his lack of focus & attention to deal. 

He had an opportunity to do great things in the NFL & he made poor choices which literally flushed his career down the toilet. Tragic really...

Isn't Ryan Leaf available ?