Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Senior Bowl Thread

--Senior Bowl Day Two--

-Winners-

-Datone Jones is the only guy to have beaten Eric Fisher, and has been very impressive.

-Jordan Poyer, Leon McFadden, BW Webb, and Marcus Trufant all impressive at CB. Will Davis has been impressive as well minus one play where he was torched by Denard Robinson.

-Tyler Wilson is the only standout QB here. He is making some $ this week. Perfect in 7 on 7 drills (literally no incompletions).

Dysert is the only other impressive QB.

-Marcus Wheaton and Denard Robinson both have speed to burn, despite being 5'11.

-Eric Fisher, Larry Warford, and Lane Johnson are rocketing up draft boards.

-Sylvester Williams and Kawann Short were impressive.

-David Quessenberry has been great at guard.

-Losers-

-Mike Glennon and EJ Manuel are just inaccurate.

-Ezekial Ansah not looking good.

-Terrance Williams cannot get separation.

-TJ McDonald can't cover to save his life.

-Everyone and their mother is stonewalling Margus Hunt.

DeVonte Holloman "Came away very impressed with South Carolina LB Devonte Holloman. I stood next to the LBs on the sideline as they were rotating in and out of drills and was standing with a former NFL LB coach. Holloman was reading the plays from the sidelines and barking them out to the safeties and LBs, and he only missed the call twice out of about 25 times. It was very impressive, and he also showed real leadership and positive encouragement to his mates. Because he’s very good in space, this venue suits him incredibly well. His lateral quickness and closing burst are as good as most of the safeties here, and he showed good awareness in zone coverage. He looks bigger than his listed 6’2” height."

http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/01/shrine-game-notebook-west-squad-day-two/2/

just realized this was for the East/West Shrine game not the Senior Bowl. oh well

I hope Tyler Wilson and Mike Glennon both continue to impress and rocket up draft boards.

Either 2 things will happen; they will be drafted earlier than they should in the first round or they last until the 24th pick and we get tremendous value in trading back into the early 2nd round. Perhaps to the extent we get an extra 2nd round pick in 2014.

Warford is far and away the better player. Frederick may be a better value.

May or may not be the better player, I see them both being 3rd round picks but Frederick can play both Center and Guard and do them both very well, Frederick is for sure tailor made for our scheme

May or may not be the better player, I see them both being 3rd round picks but Frederick can play both Center and Guard and do them both very well, Frederick is for sure tailor made for our scheme
LOL

Warford does not last to the third. He's probably a first or second rounder.

Some names I've been heard thrown around today by some people I've talked to are Wes Horton DE USC, DJ Fluker OT Alabama, Arthur Brown OLB Kansas State, and Josh Williama OLB Kansas. Thoughts on those guys?

BTW, good friends with Matt Miller if bleacher report who's down there in Mobile telling me Colts scouts have been all over Brown and Fluker. I co-host an NFL Draft podcast with Matt. You guys should listen tomorrow.

Some names I've been heard thrown around today by some people I've talked to are Wes Horton DE USC, DJ Fluker OT Alabama, Arthur Brown OLB Kansas State, and Josh Williama OLB Kansas. Thoughts on those guys? BTW, good friends with Matt Miller if bleacher report who's down there in Mobile telling me Colts scouts have been all over Brown and Fluker. I co-host an NFL Draft podcast with Matt. You guys should listen tomorrow.

Horton probably won't be drafted.

One rule of thumb to remember....

The practices for this event and other similar bowl games are typically much more important than the actual game.   Really. that surprised me too.    Scouts watch the practices like hawks.   A good performance in the bowl game can help, but unless it is awful, a poor performance won't kill you.

Not sure why this is....   but I've read that in the past and haven't read anything that tells me it has changed.

No, 1st isn't too high. He is a first round talent.

Im not convinced yet not because of talent but because of all the other likely talent that will go in the first most of which is D Line and OLB's. I can see Cooper going in the 1st and I see Barrett Jones going before Warford(you simply take the better Guard that can play in either scheme and multiple positions very well compared to 1 position and 1 scheme, Also Frederick can soar up the boards to with a good combine to(currently projected 2nd round by NFL Draft Scout, I also see he is bigger then Warford according to NFL Draft Scout and Im sure stronger), hes got the talent as well, I'd take Warford over Cooper given our scheme but dont know if I would take Warford over any of the other names at least at this point, Warford is projected late 2nd early 3rd by CBS.com and NFL Draft Scout, I think he is a 3rd round pick

Im not convinced yet not because of talent but because of all the other likely talent that will go in the first most of which is D Line and OLB's. I can see Cooper going in the 1st and I see Barrett Jones going before Warford(you simply take the better Guard that can play in either scheme and multiple positions very well compared to 1 position and 1 scheme, Also Frederick can soar up the boards to with a good combine to(currently projected 2nd round by NFL Draft Scout, I also see he is bigger then Warford according to NFL Draft Scout and Im sure stronger), hes got the talent as well, I'd take Warford over Cooper given our scheme but dont know if I would take Warford over any of the other names at least at this point, Warford is projected late 2nd early 3rd by CBS.com and NFL Draft Scout, I think he is a 3rd round pick
He probably won't go round 1, but he is a first round talent.

One rule of thumb to remember....

The practices for this event and other similar bowl games are typically much more important than the actual game.   Really. that surprised me too.    Scouts watch the practices like hawks.   A good performance in the bowl game can help, but unless it is awful, a poor performance won't kill you.

Not sure why this is....   but I've read that in the past and haven't read anything that tells me it has changed.

Most scouts leave before the game...or so I've read

Some names I've been heard thrown around today by some people I've talked to are Wes Horton DE USC, DJ Fluker OT Alabama, Arthur Brown OLB Kansas State, and Josh Williama OLB Kansas. Thoughts on those guys? BTW, good friends with Matt Miller if bleacher report who's down there in Mobile telling me Colts scouts have been all over Brown and Fluker. I co-host an NFL Draft podcast with Matt. You guys should listen tomorrow.

FLUKER.......NOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYY...thats a debbie downer pick right there.

Watched Sr Bowl practice on NFLNetwork today... 

Warford G  UK  is the real deal...     I would not mind him at all 1st for Indy.

Cal C  Schwenke looked very good, Mayock was on his jock all practice.    Would be a nice mid round pick.

Olkahoma's T  Lane Johnson also looked good...  

Jenkins ... NG Georgia...   fat and overweight..  unless this kid can lose some pounds I would not want him.    When he gets tired he is at a stand still.

Lot of good players in this game......  

01/23/13 - Sean Porter, Sr/2013, Texas A&M, 6-1, 231 (DS#8 OLB)

2013 Senior Bowl, Tuesday: Sean Porter appeared to be the most athletic linebacker of the bunch. Compared to his teammates, he did good work in run-stuffing, edge rush and especially pass-coverage drills. In 11-on-11 drills, he worked exclusively as a weak-side linebacker, which plays to his strengths. No one will confuse him with Von Miller, but he's got the most promise of this group. - Dave Richard, CBSSports.com

Warford G  UK  is the real deal...     I would not mind him at all 1st for Indy.

Cal C  Schwenke looked very good, Mayock was on his jock all practice.    Would be a nice mid round pick.

Jenkins ... NG Georgia...   fat and overweight..  unless this kid can lose some pounds I would not want him.    When he gets tired he is at a stand still.

I would love if the Colts could get Warford 

Brandon Williams has also been impressive.

Aw man this is the guy I told people to keep an eye on like 2 months ago. Division II player of the year out of Missouri Southern and plays like Star Louteli. Hopefully he stays in 4th round like he projects but I know he will shoot up higher

Aw man this is the guy I told people to keep an eye on like 2 months ago. Division II player of the year out of Missouri Southern and plays like Star Louteli. Hopefully he stays in 4th round like he projects but I know he will shoot up higher

Just like you told us Htown. Williams is turning heads at the Senior Bowl. I wouldn't be mad at all if we picked this kid up:

Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern: Williams quickly garnered the attention of NFL personnel during the weigh-ins, checking in at a whopping 341 pounds. He hasn't had any trouble using his size and strength to overpower opposing linemen in one-on-one pass-rush drills. However, his surprisingly nimble footwork is what has been most impressive. He is being talked about as a likely second-round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story/0ap1000000130606/article/desmond-trufants-draft-stock-soaring-ezekiel-ansah-too-raw

I can definitely see this kid playing along side Chapman and Redding.

To me, he brings more value than Lotuleilei.

Just like you told us Htown. Williams is turning heads at the Senior Bowl. I wouldn't be mad at all if we picked this kid up:

Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern: Williams quickly garnered the attention of NFL personnel during the weigh-ins, checking in at a whopping 341 pounds. He hasn't had any trouble using his size and strength to overpower opposing linemen in one-on-one pass-rush drills. However, his surprisingly nimble footwork is what has been most impressive. He is being talked about as a likely second-round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story/0ap1000000130606/article/desmond-trufants-draft-stock-soaring-ezekiel-ansah-too-raw

I can definitely see this kid playing along side Chapman and Redding.

To me, he brings more value than Lotuleilei.

This is a Colts type player. For sure. I wouldn't have any problem with the Colts trading up into the 2nd Rd to get him!

This is a Colts type player. For sure. I wouldn't have any problem with the Colts trading up into the 2nd Rd to get him!
g

I know. the kid can play any spot on the DL, he's huge, he can stop the run, and gets a number of sacks as well.

Ahhh. It's good to see that we're starting to enter that part of the off-season where things are shaping up to resemble what we're more likely to see on draft day where you get answers to the question of who's overrated? who was just a product of their system or made to look better by the players around them? Who is the real deal?

Also does anyone have any news about whether or not we've interviewed/scouted anyone? 

I was just about to post that some fan here had dropped his name a long while ago, but I couldn't remember who it was...

Now that I see it,  I wanted to give you a big shout out!   Mad props to you for spotting him so long ago.    Now, we've got to keep an eye out for him at the Combine.    How he does there will tell us a lot!

Well done!       :thmup:

I need to know that Swenke is better than Shipley to take him.  We have Satele with a 3 yr contract and Shipley who kicked 'butt' when given the chance to play.  Trade Satele and go with Shipley IMO.  I have seen a couple of mocks saying we will go center with the 3rd.....or 4th with a comp pick......I personally would look to other positions of need.  Not criticizing you JD.....I had heard Swenke was impressive too, but then again so was Shipley at the NFL level.  (Swenke was a guard in HS......and a guard in 2010 and 2011) ???

I am fine with 3 or 4 of the OTs and OG......Lane Johnson was impressive...Warford....