•  

Photo

Laron Landry?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 NewEra

NewEra
  • 3720 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Was searching around. I didn't know he was a free agent. Dude is a beast!!
Colts fan for 20+ years. Was Colts4Lyfe on forums years and 5 or so different sites ago. Been lurking around ever since. Desided to rejoin to bond with my fellow fans in our time of need. Really excited at what lies ahead!!

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Demon

Demon
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Is he a football player or a bodybuilder? 

landrygiant0212b.jpg

jk, but don't want him. Rather draft Elam.

#3 NewEra

NewEra
  • 3720 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

That dude would come up and hit you so hard my your grand kids feel it!
Colts fan for 20+ years. Was Colts4Lyfe on forums years and 5 or so different sites ago. Been lurking around ever since. Desided to rejoin to bond with my fellow fans in our time of need. Really excited at what lies ahead!!

#4 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9029 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

I think we should have one of the Mods make like a FA Thread and let everyone put who they want us to sign in there. That way I don't have to keep clicking on all these threads to give my opinion on each person lol

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#5 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6658 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Looks like Tarzan, but plays closer to Jane.     That's somewhat of an exaggeration,  but from what I've read he'd rather hit you hared than tackle you.   And if takes the wrong angle -- and he often does -- then he doesn't get the Big Hit, or the tackle.

Put another way....   he's constantly getting signed by a new team, plays for them a year or two, and then he's off to a new team again....

What does that tell you.....?

(Once teams find out what he is,  they're perfectly happy to let him go elsewhere....)

#6 NewEra

NewEra
  • 3720 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Looks like Tarzan, but plays closer to Jane. That's somewhat of an exaggeration, but from what I've read he'd rather hit you hared than tackle you. And if takes the wrong angle -- and he often does -- then he doesn't get the Big Hit, or the tackle.

Put another way.... he's constantly getting signed by a new team, plays for them a year or two, and then he's off to a new team again....

(Once teams find out what he is, they're perfectly happy to let him go elsewhere....)

Yeah I'd pass on that. I never followed him close since he hit the nfl. I knew coming out he was a freak of nature. But I guess he didn't apply his brain to his skill

#7 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4679 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Looks like Tarzan, but plays closer to Jane. That's somewhat of an exaggeration, but from what I've read he'd rather hit you hared than tackle you. And if takes the wrong angle -- and he often does -- then he doesn't get the Big Hit, or the tackle.

Put another way.... he's constantly getting signed by a new team, plays for them a year or two, and then he's off to a new team again....

(Once teams find out what he is, they're perfectly happy to let him go elsewhere....)
He was great this year with NY.

And he has been with two teams, as the Redskins let him go because he was injured too much. You make it seem like he has been with 12 teams.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#8 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 1957 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

He reminds me of Bob a little.  He also has a bit of a checkered injury history from what I understand.

"This Trophy has a lot of glory but we are going to give the glory to God." --Jim Irsay.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#9 will426

will426
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

also has a history of injuring other players lol..

#10 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6658 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

He was great this year with NY.

And he has been with two teams, as the Redskins let him go because he was injured too much. You make it seem like he has been with 12 teams.

You are correct, Nobdy....  Landry has only been with two teams.   Not sure who I was mistaking him for?    Brain cramp.

http://www.nfl.com/p...658/careerstats

Are you sure about the 'great' part with NY??

#11 haseo15

haseo15
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

He gets a lot of penalties for his overly aggressive style of play as well.
With the 24th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts Select Matt Elam...

#12 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4679 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

You are correct, Nobdy.... Landry has only been with two teams. Not sure who I was mistaking him for? Brain cramp.

http://www.nfl.com/p...658/careerstats

Are you sure about the 'great' part with NY??
I haven't seen his stats, but according to Jets fans he was great.
Edit- 4 forced fumbles, 99 tackles, 2 INTs, one for a TD, 8 passes defensed.
Kam Chancellor had 100 tackles, 1 FF, 0 INTs, 4 PD.
Dashing Goldson (probowler) had 69 tackles, 1 FF, 3 INTs, 11 PD.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#13 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 1957 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

also has a history of injuring other players lol..

Yeah...but he's no Bernard Pollard.  haha

"This Trophy has a lot of glory but we are going to give the glory to God." --Jim Irsay.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#14 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6658 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

I haven't seen his stats, but according to Jets fans he was great.
Edit- 4 forced fumbles, 99 tackles, 2 INTs, one for a TD, 8 passes defensed.
Kam Chancellor had 100 tackles, 1 FF, 0 INTs, 4 PD.
Dashing Goldson (probowler) had 69 tackles, 1 FF, 3 INTs, 11 PD.

It'll be interesting then to see just how much of an effort the NYJ make to re-sign him.   You would think he'd be a priority...

We'll find out soon enough....    thanks for the 411...

#15 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 2465 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I wonder what his workout looks like.. I wouldn't mind being jacked like that!
"In Grigson We Trust!"

#16 gnet550

gnet550
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Go to youtube, and type in Brandon Jacobs, LaRon Landry.  Watch the video of Landry getting trucked.....this is the only highlight I remember of Landry.....and o yea he took out Moorman at the Pro Bowl.....not amazing feets, no thank you

#17 ukcolt17

ukcolt17
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Bit stupid Brandon Jacobs would truck most people one on one lol

#18 gnet550

gnet550
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

As someone stated before, I am making the point he isn't near as tough as he looks.  He is a speciman, but I have seen several instances of him being stiff armed or trucked to the ground.  He goes for the big hit, no wrap up tackling and it shows

#19 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6662 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

As someone stated before, I am making the point he isn't near as tough as he looks.  He is a speciman, but I have seen several instances of him being stiff armed or trucked to the ground.  He goes for the big hit, no wrap up tackling and it shows

Sad part is, that sums up about 95% of defensive players in the NFL now days.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#20 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11324 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Sad part is, that sums up about 95% of defensive players in the NFL now days.

if not the hit at least the strip(fumble)

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#21 gnet550

gnet550
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Very true, everyone is so focused on knocking someone out there are tons of missed tackles in games.  I know the offensive players are good, defensive guys would not fail so often if they wrapped the guy up.

#22 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

He has good stats.

He wouldn't be a long term solution but I would give him a chance to play SS in an aggressive defense like ours.

Is he better than Zibby or Lefeged, i think so.

Give him a one year contract and see what he does.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#23 BodaciousBryce

BodaciousBryce
  • Community Moderator
  • 567 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Is he a football player or a bodybuilder? 

landrygiant0212b.jpg

jk, but don't want him. Rather draft Elam.

That's Frightening, also a little inspiring, be right back gonna hit the gym

Thank you Luck and Mathis for carrying the team this year, can't wait for next season

#24 RGIII

RGIII
  • 1083 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Was searching around. I didn't know he was a free agent. Dude is a beast!!

Questionable work ethic and dedication outside of the gym, poor instincts, major liability in coverage, def not a beast.  Remember Roy Williams of the Cowboys?  No, not that one... the other one who played for the Cowboys?  Yeah, the safety...

There's a reason why us Skins fans loved playing against that guy.  LaRon is a lot like him.

That dude would come up and hit you so hard my your grand kids feel it!

Well, yeah... but only after allowing a big first down.  Even then he was still more likely to whiff on the tackle or fail to wrap up.

Go to youtube, and type in Brandon Jacobs, LaRon Landry.  Watch the video of Landry getting trucked.....this is the only highlight I remember of Landry.....and o yea he took out Moorman at the Pro Bowl.....not amazing feets, no thank you

That was Sean Taylor who took out Brian Moorman.  It's no difficult feat to blow up a punter but Taylor could legitimately blow anybody up and was 100 times the player Landry is while only scratching the surface of his full potential.  I promise you LaRon wouldn't have made that play in the same situation.  He was never that athletic when he was bigger and he never was that instinctive or that good at taking angles.

I have distinct memories of Landry losing a darn footrace to Jason Witten.  He didn't get bodied out for the ball or anything... he got flat out burned by a 260 pound tight end not known for being especially fast.  Even as a rookie, Taylor proved capable of physically dominating Terrell Owens and beating out Randy Moss for jump balls.  Those guys were in their prime in 2004 and nobody else could do that.  Taylor had a reputation for being a relatively soft-spoken, sweet guy off the field despite having some problems early on in his career.  He loved the game, loved his family, and worked hard at his craft.  Landry has always seemed ego-driven by comparison and his priorities were always extremely questionable, especially when it came to rehabbing his achilles tendon (refused surgery and decided to bulk up to 245 pounds in the gym).

Night and day difference... :(

#25 NewEra

NewEra
  • 3720 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Sean Taylor! Think that's who I was thinking about, lol. Mainly know all about Colts players don't follow or care to follow many others once they hit the nfl. Then they are all the ENEMY! Lol

#26 dw49

dw49
  • 3472 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

It'll be interesting then to see just how much of an effort the NYJ make to re-sign him.   You would think he'd be a priority...

We'll find out soon enough....    thanks for the 411...

Probably not a lot of effort as they are in terrible shape for cap space in 2013

#27 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9029 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

I'd prefer Tyron Branch (OAK) instead of Landry. But that's just me

#28 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7005 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

i rather get byrd or draft eric reid

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 NewEra

NewEra
  • 3720 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I'd prefer Tyron Branch (OAK) instead of Landry. But that's just me

As long as its not zibs. I just want to have an aggressive hard hitting I dare you to run the ball d. I thought it looked improved last year but I have been so jealous watching the Tampa, ravens and steelers d these last few years. Even jags and titans had a pretty good d for awhile

#30 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9029 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

As long as its not zibs. I just want to have an aggressive hard hitting I dare you to run the ball d. I thought it looked improved last year but I have been so jealous watching the Tampa, ravens and steelers d these last few years. Even jags and titans had a pretty good d for awhile

I highly doubt Zib will be the Starter next year

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    Bogie

The Fender Stratocaster turned 60, Happy Birthday to the man's best friend. You can never go wrong with a good strat, never.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates