Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NewEra

Laron Landry?

30 posts in this topic

Is he a football player or a bodybuilder? 

landrygiant0212b.jpg

jk, but don't want him. Rather draft Elam.

3 people like this

I think we should have one of the Mods make like a FA Thread and let everyone put who they want us to sign in there. That way I don't have to keep clicking on all these threads to give my opinion on each person lol

Looks like Tarzan, but plays closer to Jane.     That's somewhat of an exaggeration,  but from what I've read he'd rather hit you hared than tackle you.   And if takes the wrong angle -- and he often does -- then he doesn't get the Big Hit, or the tackle.

Put another way....   he's constantly getting signed by a new team, plays for them a year or two, and then he's off to a new team again....

What does that tell you.....?

(Once teams find out what he is,  they're perfectly happy to let him go elsewhere....)

Looks like Tarzan, but plays closer to Jane. That's somewhat of an exaggeration, but from what I've read he'd rather hit you hared than tackle you. And if takes the wrong angle -- and he often does -- then he doesn't get the Big Hit, or the tackle.

Put another way.... he's constantly getting signed by a new team, plays for them a year or two, and then he's off to a new team again....

(Once teams find out what he is, they're perfectly happy to let him go elsewhere....)

Yeah I'd pass on that. I never followed him close since he hit the nfl. I knew coming out he was a freak of nature. But I guess he didn't apply his brain to his skill

Looks like Tarzan, but plays closer to Jane. That's somewhat of an exaggeration, but from what I've read he'd rather hit you hared than tackle you. And if takes the wrong angle -- and he often does -- then he doesn't get the Big Hit, or the tackle.

Put another way.... he's constantly getting signed by a new team, plays for them a year or two, and then he's off to a new team again....

(Once teams find out what he is, they're perfectly happy to let him go elsewhere....)

He was great this year with NY.

And he has been with two teams, as the Redskins let him go because he was injured too much. You make it seem like he has been with 12 teams.

He reminds me of Bob a little.  He also has a bit of a checkered injury history from what I understand.

He was great this year with NY.

And he has been with two teams, as the Redskins let him go because he was injured too much. You make it seem like he has been with 12 teams.

You are correct, Nobdy....  Landry has only been with two teams.   Not sure who I was mistaking him for?    Brain cramp.

http://www.nfl.com/player/laronlandry/2495658/careerstats

Are you sure about the 'great' part with NY??

You are correct, Nobdy.... Landry has only been with two teams. Not sure who I was mistaking him for? Brain cramp.

http://www.nfl.com/player/laronlandry/2495658/careerstats

Are you sure about the 'great' part with NY??

I haven't seen his stats, but according to Jets fans he was great.

Edit- 4 forced fumbles, 99 tackles, 2 INTs, one for a TD, 8 passes defensed.

Kam Chancellor had 100 tackles, 1 FF, 0 INTs, 4 PD.

Dashing Goldson (probowler) had 69 tackles, 1 FF, 3 INTs, 11 PD.

I haven't seen his stats, but according to Jets fans he was great.

Edit- 4 forced fumbles, 99 tackles, 2 INTs, one for a TD, 8 passes defensed.

Kam Chancellor had 100 tackles, 1 FF, 0 INTs, 4 PD.

Dashing Goldson (probowler) had 69 tackles, 1 FF, 3 INTs, 11 PD.

It'll be interesting then to see just how much of an effort the NYJ make to re-sign him.   You would think he'd be a priority...

We'll find out soon enough....    thanks for the 411...

Go to youtube, and type in Brandon Jacobs, LaRon Landry.  Watch the video of Landry getting trucked.....this is the only highlight I remember of Landry.....and o yea he took out Moorman at the Pro Bowl.....not amazing feets, no thank you

1 person likes this

As someone stated before, I am making the point he isn't near as tough as he looks.  He is a speciman, but I have seen several instances of him being stiff armed or trucked to the ground.  He goes for the big hit, no wrap up tackling and it shows

As someone stated before, I am making the point he isn't near as tough as he looks.  He is a speciman, but I have seen several instances of him being stiff armed or trucked to the ground.  He goes for the big hit, no wrap up tackling and it shows

Sad part is, that sums up about 95% of defensive players in the NFL now days.

Sad part is, that sums up about 95% of defensive players in the NFL now days.

if not the hit at least the strip(fumble)

Very true, everyone is so focused on knocking someone out there are tons of missed tackles in games.  I know the offensive players are good, defensive guys would not fail so often if they wrapped the guy up.

He has good stats.

He wouldn't be a long term solution but I would give him a chance to play SS in an aggressive defense like ours.

Is he better than Zibby or Lefeged, i think so.

Give him a one year contract and see what he does.

Is he a football player or a bodybuilder? 

landrygiant0212b.jpg

jk, but don't want him. Rather draft Elam.

That's Frightening, also a little inspiring, be right back gonna hit the gym

Was searching around. I didn't know he was a free agent. Dude is a beast!!

Questionable work ethic and dedication outside of the gym, poor instincts, major liability in coverage, def not a beast.  Remember Roy Williams of the Cowboys?  No, not that one... the other one who played for the Cowboys?  Yeah, the safety...

There's a reason why us Skins fans loved playing against that guy.  LaRon is a lot like him.

That dude would come up and hit you so hard my your grand kids feel it!

Well, yeah... but only after allowing a big first down.  Even then he was still more likely to whiff on the tackle or fail to wrap up.

Go to youtube, and type in Brandon Jacobs, LaRon Landry.  Watch the video of Landry getting trucked.....this is the only highlight I remember of Landry.....and o yea he took out Moorman at the Pro Bowl.....not amazing feets, no thank you

That was Sean Taylor who took out Brian Moorman.  It's no difficult feat to blow up a punter but Taylor could legitimately blow anybody up and was 100 times the player Landry is while only scratching the surface of his full potential.  I promise you LaRon wouldn't have made that play in the same situation.  He was never that athletic when he was bigger and he never was that instinctive or that good at taking angles.

I have distinct memories of Landry losing a darn footrace to Jason Witten.  He didn't get bodied out for the ball or anything... he got flat out burned by a 260 pound tight end not known for being especially fast.  Even as a rookie, Taylor proved capable of physically dominating Terrell Owens and beating out Randy Moss for jump balls.  Those guys were in their prime in 2004 and nobody else could do that.  Taylor had a reputation for being a relatively soft-spoken, sweet guy off the field despite having some problems early on in his career.  He loved the game, loved his family, and worked hard at his craft.  Landry has always seemed ego-driven by comparison and his priorities were always extremely questionable, especially when it came to rehabbing his achilles tendon (refused surgery and decided to bulk up to 245 pounds in the gym).

Night and day difference... :(

Sean Taylor! Think that's who I was thinking about, lol. Mainly know all about Colts players don't follow or care to follow many others once they hit the nfl. Then they are all the ENEMY! Lol

It'll be interesting then to see just how much of an effort the NYJ make to re-sign him.   You would think he'd be a priority...

We'll find out soon enough....    thanks for the 411...

Probably not a lot of effort as they are in terrible shape for cap space in 2013

i rather get byrd or draft eric reid

I'd prefer Tyron Branch (OAK) instead of Landry. But that's just me

As long as its not zibs. I just want to have an aggressive hard hitting I dare you to run the ball d. I thought it looked improved last year but I have been so jealous watching the Tampa, ravens and steelers d these last few years. Even jags and titans had a pretty good d for awhile

As long as its not zibs. I just want to have an aggressive hard hitting I dare you to run the ball d. I thought it looked improved last year but I have been so jealous watching the Tampa, ravens and steelers d these last few years. Even jags and titans had a pretty good d for awhile

I highly doubt Zib will be the Starter next year