Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Julio Jones draft-day deal (2014)

With all the ACTUAL needs and focus this season, looking at what we need in a year or two is not possible for me, until we get who we get this year, and see how they pan out. I cant say I am for or against a move to be made in a year or two. I will agree that Reggie is playing out his final NFL contract and will need replaced preferably a year before his last game to impart some knowledge and wisdom on his replacement. But who that replacement might be, I favor no one right now. Every year you see guys making leaps in talent in college anyone you name as today's top college prospect might be the 5th or 10th best option by the time we actually fill the position. Look at QB.... Barkley and Luck would have been the 1-1a selections had you looked at them a year or so ago and RGIII would have been #3.........add another year (2 in barkleys case) and look at the 3 in comparison now.......

Julio Jones dominated in the playoffs.  He isn't the reason the Falcons didn't make it to the Super Bowl.  The Falcons had a chance to win the game with seconds left.  Perhaps if they had designed a better play at the end that gave jones a chance to win, they would have.