•  

Photo

Arthur Brown

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 FightLikeSin

FightLikeSin
  • 1815 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Apparently Colts are taken a liking to him... Thoughts? Do we need an ILB?Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358883523.618675.jpg   24.2KB   32 downloads

2013 AFC South Champs

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16361 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

We dont at the moment but Fokuo, Edds and Mario Harvey are all currently FA and given that those will all be backups here and that they likely know that, they may all seek a starting job elsewhere or potential for one (such as the Bills need a starting ILB) 

#3 polians_pundit

polians_pundit
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Undersized - Just look at the avatar. I'm telling Jim to pass on him right now. LOL

#4 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4698 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

He will go too high. Unless we take him in the first or trade up he will be long gone by the time we pick round 3.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#5 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16361 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

will go undrafted probably and I bet thats why his name is coming up this early, not on any draft sites I am looking at

#6 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4698 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

will go undrafted probably and I bet thats why his name is coming up this early, not on any draft sites I am looking at
What? He will not go undrafted. Not even close.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#7 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8522 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

He has been on every draft site I have looked at...scouts inc has him @ low 2nd or high 3rd

#8 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16361 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

He has been on every draft site I have looked at...scouts inc has him @ low 2nd or high 3rd

Looking at cbs sports, he is not there or walterfootball even

#9 coltsguy510

coltsguy510

Military Brats FTW!!!

• 1185 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

If we go ILB in the first, I would want Ogletree or Kevin Minter.
Keep Building The Monster Grigson!!!!

#10 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16361 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

If we go ILB in the first Grigson may not be around much longer lol

#11 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8522 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Looking at cbs sports, he is not there or walterfootball even

CBS has him ranked 64th. They list him as a OLB

#12 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16361 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

CBS has him ranked 64th. They list him as a OLB

I see it, I was looking under ILB, still would not touch him, not a need and probably wont be the best player available when we pick

#13 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6764 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Apparently Colts are taken a liking to him... Thoughts? Do we need an ILB?attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1358883523.618675.jpg

I wouldn't read too much into this right now....   you're going to see lots of these types of notes between now and the draft...

If you read something into each,  the Colts will be drafting dozens and dozens of players....

This note is just one tiny piece of one giant puzzle....      just sayin....

#14 coltsguy510

coltsguy510

Military Brats FTW!!!

• 1185 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

If we go ILB in the first Grigson may not be around much longer lol

Yes, he will. It may not be our biggest need, but if he has an ILB rated much higher than any other player I would be fine with him drafting one.
Keep Building The Monster Grigson!!!!

#15 Dustin

Dustin

Prolly just arguing

• 12246 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

He's undersized. If he were willing to convert he could probably be a solid safety.

Mock Draft (Last updated 4/25/2014)

2- Trent Murphy (OLB, Stanford), 3- Brock Vereen (S, Minny), 5- Yawin Smallwood (ILB, UCONN), 6 - Storm Johnson (UCF), 7- Gator Hoskins (FB, Marshall)

#16 krunk

krunk
  • 3106 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

I wouldn't say ILB is not one of our needs. We've only got one starting ILB with real talent who fits the scheme and that is Freeman. The rest to me are backups or don't fit the scheme. If I could find some talent there without reaching I would definitely upgrade. I wouldn't pick real high though.

#17 Andre The Colt

Andre The Colt
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

We don't need an ILB. Jerrell Freeman has done great job filling that role.

#18 FightLikeSin

FightLikeSin
  • 1815 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

I wouldn't read too much into this right now....   you're going to see lots of these types of notes between now and the draft...

If you read something into each,  the Colts will be drafting dozens and dozens of players....

This note is just one tiny piece of one giant puzzle....      just sayin....

Thanks? lol I'm aware of that and i'm not reading into anything. Forums are meant for discussion. I thought it was interesting that they were intrigued with an ILB...so I posted it. Don't read into that too much ;)

2013 AFC South Champs

#19 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 2826 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

ilb is the last thing this team needs freeman,conner,and angerer are good enough. if were gonna go defense in the 1st round then okafor or elam would be better options.

#20 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6764 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Thanks? lol I'm aware of that and i'm not reading into anything. Forums are meant for discussion. I thought it was interesting that they were intrigued with an ILB...so I posted it. Don't read into that too much ;)

CR....

Apologies if my comment seemed like a shot to you.    My comment was directed at everyone.   To try and not to read too much into every little factoid that's going to come along in the next 3 months.    I get that you understand it.   I just don't think everyone here gets that.  

I am ***not*** trying to tell you or anyone else what to talk about or not...   you don't need my approval...   you should absolutely do what you want.   I agree...   it's a message board,  we should talk about it.   

But these things can get out of control like brush fires...    they start off small and suddenly, in short order,  the spread quickly and they craziest threads happen.     Like 4 pages of should the Colts acquire Tim Tebow on another page on this site.    One guy who thinks they should responding to most every poster.    Seems crazy to me. 

Just trying to offer some perspective....    that's all...      :giveup:

Hope that clarifies....

#21 FightLikeSin

FightLikeSin
  • 1815 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

CR....

Apologies if my comment seemed like a shot to you.    My comment was directed at everyone.   To try and not to read too much into every little factoid that's going to come along in the next 3 months.    I get that you understand it.   I just don't think everyone here gets that.  

I am ***not*** trying to tell you or anyone else what to talk about or not...   you don't need my approval...   you should absolutely do what you want.   I agree...   it's a message board,  we should talk about it.   

But these things can get out of control like brush fires...    they start off small and suddenly, in short order,  the spread quickly and they craziest threads happen.     Like 4 pages of should the Colts acquire Tim Tebow on another page on this site.    One guy who thinks they should responding to most every poster.    Seems crazy to me. 

Just trying to offer some perspective....    that's all...      :giveup:

Hope that clarifies....

no worries man. We are all just trying out our year round scout hats.

2013 AFC South Champs

#22 will426

will426
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I love how everyone forgot about Pat Angerer played half a season with a season ending foot injury just to help us out. No one was talking about getting rid of him last season when he was making ALL the tackles for us..

#23 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8522 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

I love how everyone forgot about Pat Angerer played half a season with a season ending foot injury just to help us out. No one was talking about getting rid of him last season when he was making ALL the tackles for us..

All those tackles as the defense was getting gashed

#24 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 2790 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Whaddya know....I found some footage on Arthur Brown. He actually made it to #1 on one chart....

:banana:

“With Andrew, the "it" factor is his knack for making people better.

He wants his teammates to have success, wants them to get the credit.

I’ve never seen anybody like him in that respect.”  – HS Coach Eliot Allen

#25 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5578 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Didn't you know..  some are sooo  much better and wiser than others.... 
  ;)

I agree with you, I love me some AB...   I have watched KST play several times this year and he is a "productive" player.

no worries man. We are all just trying out our year round scout hats.

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#26 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5385 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Arthur Brown is the #3 linebacker outside of Teo and olgltree. Some would even put him in front of Teo. This guy is strong and aggressive, great use of hands and packs a punch when he gets to the ball. A real solid fundamental tackler wraps up and drives ball carriers. He has range like a SS runs a 4.5 flows sideline to sideline and has great pass coverage. Some say he is undersized at 230 but he plays like he is 250 once you see the tape. He is basically the same size as Angerer and Angerer has lost a step since breaking his foot. He also diagnosis plays quicker than anybody I've seen, and I've seen him play live @ Texas last year . He will go in the bottom half of the 1st round, 2nd round for sure. but most likely he will be a Will linebacker for a 4-3 team. But this guy is a day one starter with his ability. He plays like a miychal Kendricks from Cal last year who starts for the Eagles now

#27 chelsea_fc

chelsea_fc
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

So I've been trying to figure out why we've been looking at am inside linebacker for a couple of days now, and I know its early in the process and were doing our due diligence, but still it seems strange that we'd spend time looking at guys at a position where we don't really have a need. But on my way home today it kinda hit me, maybe Pagano sees some Ray Lewis in him or someone like that, he knows better than any of us what a dominant middle linebacker can do. So who knows, I know the odds that were going to take him are slim and I'm fine with that. But it kinda makes a little more sense to me why Pagano would look at a position like that, especially if he doesn't think we currently have that on the team.

#28 throwingBBS

throwingBBS
  • 2587 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

A position we don`t have a need?

Pagano told us when he came in his goal was to get Bigger & Faster.
So does a healthy Angerer run a 40 as fast as Pagano`s minimum standard? I don`t know but I am guessing Not. 4.71
Can Angerer cover a TE to meet Coach P`s minimum standard. I Hope not. They get instant space, looks like he is running in sand.
We can`t get all the players we need this off season so we may keep him. IMO he is a GOOD MLB. Make a good Bear.

#29 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6764 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

If he's not on the draft sites you're looking at you may want to question the draft sites you're looking at....  

I suspect he's roughly a 3rd round guy right now....   but's it's early in the process...    he's not a first round guy,  but he's a draftable player....

#30 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16361 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

If he's not on the draft sites you're looking at you may want to question the draft sites you're looking at....  

I suspect he's roughly a 3rd round guy right now....   but's it's early in the process...    he's not a first round guy,  but he's a draftable player....

found him

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Apr
    MOB

Opening against the Broncos. Maybe this is a sign of destiny?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates