Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arthur Brown

We dont at the moment but Fokuo, Edds and Mario Harvey are all currently FA and given that those will all be backups here and that they likely know that, they may all seek a starting job elsewhere or potential for one (such as the Bills need a starting ILB) 

Apparently Colts are taken a liking to him... Thoughts? Do we need an ILB?attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1358883523.618675.jpg

I wouldn't read too much into this right now....   you're going to see lots of these types of notes between now and the draft...

If you read something into each,  the Colts will be drafting dozens and dozens of players....

This note is just one tiny piece of one giant puzzle....      just sayin....

I wouldn't say ILB is not one of our needs. We've only got one starting ILB with real talent who fits the scheme and that is Freeman. The rest to me are backups or don't fit the scheme. If I could find some talent there without reaching I would definitely upgrade. I wouldn't pick real high though.

I wouldn't read too much into this right now....   you're going to see lots of these types of notes between now and the draft...

If you read something into each,  the Colts will be drafting dozens and dozens of players....

This note is just one tiny piece of one giant puzzle....      just sayin....

Thanks? lol I'm aware of that and i'm not reading into anything. Forums are meant for discussion. I thought it was interesting that they were intrigued with an ILB...so I posted it. Don't read into that too much ;)

Thanks? lol I'm aware of that and i'm not reading into anything. Forums are meant for discussion. I thought it was interesting that they were intrigued with an ILB...so I posted it. Don't read into that too much ;)

CR....

Apologies if my comment seemed like a shot to you.    My comment was directed at everyone.   To try and not to read too much into every little factoid that's going to come along in the next 3 months.    I get that you understand it.   I just don't think everyone here gets that.  

I am ***not*** trying to tell you or anyone else what to talk about or not...   you don't need my approval...   you should absolutely do what you want.   I agree...   it's a message board,  we should talk about it.   

But these things can get out of control like brush fires...    they start off small and suddenly, in short order,  the spread quickly and they craziest threads happen.     Like 4 pages of should the Colts acquire Tim Tebow on another page on this site.    One guy who thinks they should responding to most every poster.    Seems crazy to me. 

Just trying to offer some perspective....    that's all...      :giveup:

Hope that clarifies....

CR....

Apologies if my comment seemed like a shot to you.    My comment was directed at everyone.   To try and not to read too much into every little factoid that's going to come along in the next 3 months.    I get that you understand it.   I just don't think everyone here gets that.  

I am ***not*** trying to tell you or anyone else what to talk about or not...   you don't need my approval...   you should absolutely do what you want.   I agree...   it's a message board,  we should talk about it.   

But these things can get out of control like brush fires...    they start off small and suddenly, in short order,  the spread quickly and they craziest threads happen.     Like 4 pages of should the Colts acquire Tim Tebow on another page on this site.    One guy who thinks they should responding to most every poster.    Seems crazy to me. 

Just trying to offer some perspective....    that's all...      :giveup:

Hope that clarifies....

no worries man. We are all just trying out our year round scout hats.

I love how everyone forgot about Pat Angerer played half a season with a season ending foot injury just to help us out. No one was talking about getting rid of him last season when he was making ALL the tackles for us..

All those tackles as the defense was getting gashed

Didn't you know..  some are sooo  much better and wiser than others.... 
  ;)

I agree with you, I love me some AB...   I have watched KST play several times this year and he is a "productive" player.

no worries man. We are all just trying out our year round scout hats.

Arthur Brown is the #3 linebacker outside of Teo and olgltree. Some would even put him in front of Teo. This guy is strong and aggressive, great use of hands and packs a punch when he gets to the ball. A real solid fundamental tackler wraps up and drives ball carriers. He has range like a SS runs a 4.5 flows sideline to sideline and has great pass coverage. Some say he is undersized at 230 but he plays like he is 250 once you see the tape. He is basically the same size as Angerer and Angerer has lost a step since breaking his foot. He also diagnosis plays quicker than anybody I've seen, and I've seen him play live @ Texas last year . He will go in the bottom half of the 1st round, 2nd round for sure. but most likely he will be a Will linebacker for a 4-3 team. But this guy is a day one starter with his ability. He plays like a miychal Kendricks from Cal last year who starts for the Eagles now

So I've been trying to figure out why we've been looking at am inside linebacker for a couple of days now, and I know its early in the process and were doing our due diligence, but still it seems strange that we'd spend time looking at guys at a position where we don't really have a need. But on my way home today it kinda hit me, maybe Pagano sees some Ray Lewis in him or someone like that, he knows better than any of us what a dominant middle linebacker can do. So who knows, I know the odds that were going to take him are slim and I'm fine with that. But it kinda makes a little more sense to me why Pagano would look at a position like that, especially if he doesn't think we currently have that on the team.

A position we don`t have a need?

Pagano told us when he came in his goal was to get Bigger & Faster.

So does a healthy Angerer run a 40 as fast as Pagano`s minimum standard? I don`t know but I am guessing Not. 4.71

Can Angerer cover a TE to meet Coach P`s minimum standard. I Hope not. They get instant space, looks like he is running in sand.

We can`t get all the players we need this off season so we may keep him. IMO he is a GOOD MLB. Make a good Bear.

will go undrafted probably and I bet thats why his name is coming up this early, not on any draft sites I am looking at

If he's not on the draft sites you're looking at you may want to question the draft sites you're looking at....  

I suspect he's roughly a 3rd round guy right now....   but's it's early in the process...    he's not a first round guy,  but he's a draftable player....

If he's not on the draft sites you're looking at you may want to question the draft sites you're looking at....  

I suspect he's roughly a 3rd round guy right now....   but's it's early in the process...    he's not a first round guy,  but he's a draftable player....

found him