RT-Phillip Loadholt

Who I think will be

LT-Castonzo

LG-Reitz

C-Satele

RG-Alvin Bailey

RT-Winston Justice

Gavin....

If I understand your post,  you believe we'll sign exactly ZERO Free Agent Offensive lineman??    No one?    And then just draft one rookie OL, likely in the 3rd round?    That's it too?  

That's what you think Grigson will do?     Seriously?

Gavin....

If I understand your post,  you believe we'll sign exactly ZERO Free Agent Offensive lineman??    No one?    And then just draft one rookie OL, likely in the 3rd round?    That's it too?  

That's what you think Grigson will do?     Seriously?

No, but if you look at the current list of FA there is the usual suspects we have been throwing around for weeks now (at least) to pick up  but below that you have a bunch of journeymen, I have this feeling we will sign some O Linemen but it will be from the 'journeymen pile' if you will meaning we will have a bunch of competition of journeymen (including our own usual suspects we had last year). I fully believe we will have a few at least O Linemen signed but I dont expect a big name, obviously I'd love to sign a big name guy who is a sure fire starter

No, but if you look at the current list of FA there is the usual suspects we have been throwing around for weeks now (at least) to pick up  but below that you have a bunch of journeymen, I have this feeling we will sign some O Linemen but it will be from the 'journeymen pile' if you will meaning we will have a bunch of competition of journeymen (including our own usual suspects we had last year). I fully believe we will have a few at least O Linemen signed but I dont expect a big name, obviously I'd love to sign a big name guy who is a sure fire starter

And, so, if I follow you, (and I don't know that I do)  you think these journeymen that we'll sign WON'T be among our starters next fall.    Only Bailey, the rookie guard.   The journeymen will be our back-ups?

When did you come to believe this?    This feels like a giant shift for you......

who I want

LT-Castonzo

LG-Vasquez

C-Shipley

RG-Frederick

RT-Phillip Loadholt

Who I think will be

LT-Castonzo

LG-Reitz

C-Satele

RG-Alvin Bailey

RT-Winston Justice

I like the first one.. the second looks like the first ones back ups apart from AC. I'd be very happy with the first one.

And, so, if I follow you, (and I don't know that I do)  you think these journeymen that we'll sign WON'T be among our starters next fall.    Only Bailey, the rookie guard.   The journeymen will be our back-ups?

When did you come to believe this?    This feels like a giant shift for you......

No, obviously you have to have 5 O Linemen start.......and like I said I'd love to get a FA from the 'big name' or sure fire starter pile and it may very well happen but I guess you could say I am tempering my expectations to think we will sign some players but they will be journeymen that have size that may fit our scheme but may not be technically sound or great O Linemen or that were not that at another team, Hope that makes sense

Here is my line

LT A Costanzo

LG A Levitre

C S Satele/AQ Shipley

RG J Cooper

RT J Bushrod

I really hope we get Bushrod because I think he is very underated.  I could see us spending in the neighborhood of about 15-17 Mil of that available cap space on the O-Line.

who I want

LT-Castonzo

LG-Vasquez

C-Shipley

RG-Frederick

RT-Phillip Loadholt

Who I think will be

LT-Castonzo

LG-Reitz

C-Satele

RG-Alvin Bailey

RT-Winston Justice

If you truly believe we will not sign any big name FA O-linemen ... where do you think the bulk of our money is going to be spent?  Even if we resign our own guys, and the rookies, we would still have to sign quite a few "journeymen" to get to the cap floor.  I think underspending on talent would be just as bad as overspending on big names. I don't think we will necessarily go crazy with big name players, but I expect at least 1 "big name" O-linemen from the usual suspects that have been discussed on the forum.

If you truly believe we will not sign any big name FA O-linemen ... where do you think the bulk of our money is going to be spent?  Even if we resign our own guys, and the rookies, we would still have to sign quite a few "journeymen" to get to the cap floor.  I think underspending on talent would be just as bad as overspending on big names. I don't think we will necessarily go crazy with big name players, but I expect at least 1 "big name" O-linemen from the usual suspects that have been discussed on the forum.

defense, we might pick up a big name O Linemen such as Vasquez or Rinehart but we are simply not going to stack the O Line with several big name O Linemen in my opinion because some dont even fit our scheme (Levitre for example) and some will be resigned, For a while I even considered Britton at RT but the dude cant stay healthy

defense, we might pick up a big name O Linemen such as Vasquez or Rinehart but we are simply not going to stack the O Line with several big name O Linemen in my opinion because some dont even fit our scheme (Levitre for example) and some will be resigned, For a while I even considered Britton at RT but the dude cant stay healthy

I agree I do not think "we are going to stack the O Line with several "big names" or that we should. I would be very happy if we got Vasquez and would consider that a "big signing" even if not a household name ..... although I also would not complain about a FA OT along the lines of Beatty, Cherilus, etc ... as well.

I agree I do not think "we are going to stack the O Line with several "big names" or that we should. I would be very happy if we got Vasquez and would consider that a "big signing" even if not a household name ..... although I also would not complain about a FA OT along the lines of Beatty, Cherilus, etc ... as well.

Been thinking Beatty to, but I am hoping we get a Guard along the lines of Travis Frederick or Larry Wharford in the draft to or maybe an Alvin Bailey

Anthony Castonzo

Larry Warford

AQ Shipley

Louis Vasquez

Winston Justice/4th rd rookie

Trying to be a little realistic here.

Vasquez will be the FA upgrade on OL, and we won't spend heavy on a RT.

Larry Warford is our 3rd rd draft pick, but probably has to move up in the 3rd to get him. If not Warford, there could be a lot of options in the 3rd round for the right tackle spot, with the likes of Brennan Williams and Chris Faulk.

Justice and the right tackle position should be upgraded and this draft has some good options, even late. Before mentioned Williams or Faulk could be there, or Xavier Nixon, Menelik Watson, Oday Aboushi or Ricky Wagner. Some of these guys will be there in the 4th

This is what I hope happens, but probably not likely.

LT - Castanzo

LG - Vasquez

C   - Shipley/Satele, I still think Grigson likes Satele and wants to see him with better guards around him.

RG - Kevin Boothe

RT - Phil Loadholt

I like it but would rather have Rinehart, Frederick(from the draft), Warford or Bailey at Booths spot

I like it but would rather have Rinehart, Frederick(from the draft), Warford or Bailey at Booths spot

I wouldn't mind a draft pick there, but sometimes it takes a couple of yrs. to develop them. Boothe would be a nice stop gap for us that I don't think would cost a ton of money to get. People keep suggesting Levitre and I just don't have confidence that he can play in a man blocking scheme. I even seen a suggestion of Ryan LIlja, but Lilja would get destroyed in a man blocking scheme.

I wouldn't mind a draft pick there, but sometimes it takes a couple of yrs. to develop them. Boothe would be a nice stop gap for us that I don't think would cost a ton of money to get. People keep suggesting Levitre and I just don't have confidence that he can play in a man blocking scheme. I even seen a suggestion of Ryan LIlja, but Lilja would get destroyed in a man blocking scheme.

I see what your sayin but we saw what stop gaps can do this previous year and that about got Lucks head taken off on countless occasions, I'd personally go with a rookie with the higher upside, if we go the FA route Vasquez and Rinehart would be my primary choice

Haven't given up on Anderson, but after the team was willing to cut him and expose him to the waiver wire, I've gotta think he's a long shot to start.  At best, he's probably competing for a back-up role next year, unless we fail to draft someone or bring in a FA.  Same is true of Ijalana IMHO.