Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

" Honey Badger " at the senior bowl

betheafan41

Honey Badger Mathieu is at the senior bowl practicing, attempting to repair his image for NFL scouts. He was quoted in saying his " honey badger days " came to an end when he messed up at LSU and would like to start over, but understands he hurt himself and put himself in this position and also understands the skepticism by NFL teams because of his off field issues in the past year an a half.

Me personaly, i think we should take a chance with him. we need secondary help and i think if anyone can set him straight and keep him there, it would be pagano and manusky. he was decent in college, and if im not mistaken was also a ST guy. doesnt hurt to have that extra returner incase another one gets hurt. Chances are he could fall down to a late 4th round pick if not well into the third day of the draft., BUT even if we have him as a nickel back, i believe he will still make our secondary better then it was these past two seasons. and the thing about this type of pick is, the NFL team who drafts him has leverage on his contract.  

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130121/senior-bowl-tyrann-mathieu.ap/?sct=hp_t2_a14&eref=sihp

Like I said in the other threads, it's a low-risk high-reward pick. At the best he'll be a ball-hawking nickel corner that's a huge threat in the return game, at the least he'd be a waste of a late round pick. At of all the players available in the 4th, 5th round, he'll have the most upside.

Agreed, if he wound up not being drafted, then bring him in if possible but I would rather have Rhodes, Elam or Vaccaro.  Not to mention that we still have FA, why risk the pick when we could used it for some of our holes in the line or back-ups for the line

no one is suggesting honey badger in the 1st.  How about we get Rhodes, Elam, or Vaccaro AND The Honey Badger