Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is the Manning/Brady era beginning it's end?

Jules

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Times running it on the Manning-Brady duels...Jules

Denver doenst play NE next year, do they??

Yeah Broncos/Pats play next year. The Colts do not play NE though for the first time in ages.

Chin up mark, you might get two Brady/Manning duels next year. And heck you get the Colts vs. Manning too and Colts vs. Arians and Colts vs. your favorite crazy Jim Harbaugh.

Won't be a dull moment next year. :banana:

Of course time is catching up and in about 3-4 yrs it will be Luck's AFC to lose.

Also for these elite QBs a decade of domination with one team also means a decade of drafting 25th-32nd. It is going to hurt. Obviously Colts missed almost 5 staight yrs in the first 2 rounds when Manning was here, and Pats have not been much better either and screwed many times in FA market other than Randy Moss. This is also why I liked the idea for Manning to switch to a new team that could easily be more talented.

So for some historically bad teams they could load their talent pool through drafts, and when they get good QBs they will be able to prevail the elite QBs whose team are generally lower at talent level. This is why NFL east handed Pats 3 losses, and Texans have won many games against Manning recently. This is how the system works and everybody will have a shot if they do things right.

For Colts it is extremely lucky to have Luck through only 1 bad yr, but this coming draft will be the first tough test for the manager to find talent from a tougher draft position.

Denver only played what, two teams with a winning record in the regular season and beat one of them. A lot of people thought they would be out early in the playoffs, they just weren't as formidable as the pundits made them out to be.

"A lot of people" is relative. I don't believe even close to the majority of pundits or people thought Denver would be out early. The majority of odds makers had Denver winning the SB. Obviously, just becaue the odds makers make odds doesn't mean it's going to happen (as is evident with Baltimore being in the SB), but there's some credence to their valuation methods. Perhaps among your circle of friends, the opinion Denver would fall early was prevalent, but not among the majority.

"A lot of people" is relative. I don't believe even close to the majority of pundits or people thought Denver would be out early. The majority of odds makers had Denver winning the SB. Obviously, just becaue the odds makers make odds doesn't mean it's going to happen (as is evident with Baltimore being in the SB), but there's some credence to their valuation methods. Perhaps among your circle of friends, the opinion Denver would fall early was prevalent, but not among the majority.

After watching how Ravens manhandled Colts and Pats, it is clear that Manning's Broncos had the best chance to knock them out (actually too many missed opportunities and almost never trailed in the entire game). But it really looks like the Ravens are predestined this yr.

After watching how Ravens manhandled Colts and Pats, it is clear that Manning's Broncos had the best chance to knock them out (actually too many missed opportunities and almost never trailed in the entire game). But it really looks like the Ravens are predestined this yr.

I agree, especially after going to NE and getting it done. I didn't give them much of a chance of defeating NE in NE. I was elated (sorry NE fans) to see Baltimore knock them out.

I agree, especially after going to NE and getting it done. I didn't give them much of a chance of defeating NE in NE. I was elated (sorry NE fans) to see Baltimore knock them out.

Me too, so I was rooting for SF in the afternoon since I felt Falcons had no chance beating the Pats, but after Ravens took the lead in the 3rd qtr I was pretty sure it would not need another 2 weeks to see Pats fall again.

For all these final 4 AFC teams, I feel Ravens may not even make the playoff next yr since the defense will not be closely as good after Ray Lewis retires, and Pats are lacking sencondary and WR talents and pointing down. Colts is heading up but will still need some time, while Broncos is loaded with talents other than some problems on their secondary, so Manning could still make a strong run next yr.

Me too, so I was rooting for SF in the afternoon since I felt Falcons had no chance beating the Pats, but after Ravens took the lead in the 3rd qtr I was pretty sure it would not need another 2 weeks to see Pats fall again.

For all these final 4 AFC teams, I feel Ravens may not even make the playoff next yr since the defense will not be closely as good after Ray Lewis retires, and Pats are lacking sencondary and WR talents and pointing down. Colts is heading up but will still need some time, while Broncos is loaded with talents other than some problems on their secondary, so Manning could still make a strong run next yr.

That's funny. I was rooting for SF too even though I'm from Georgia originally. Actually, I had mixed emotions about the game. I would have liked to see Atlanta win as it would make my father happy (he lives in Atlanta, GA), but knew SF had a better chance of defeating NE in the SB.

Forgot to comment of this part...

I agree 100% with everything. Very excited about the Colts up and coming.

That's funny. I was rooting for SF too even though I'm from Georgia originally. Actually, I had mixed emotions about the game. I would have liked to see Atlanta win as it would make my father happy (he lives in Atlanta, GA), but knew SF had a better chance of defeating NE in the SB.

Had the time of the two games been reversed and knowing Ravens had already knocked the Pats out I'd lean toward Flacons maybe, since I find the Falcons team is built extremely similar to Manning's Colts in its prime. They have 2 WRs in White and Jones, we had Harrison and Wayne. They got Gonzalez and we had Clark. Offensive plays are called by QBs. Both have bad run defense as well. But to be honest this is a type of system built for regular season but not playoff success. The 49ers and Ravens, as reflection of each other, are more dependable models for winning playoff games.

Forgot to comment of this part...

I agree 100% with everything. Very excited about the Colts up and coming.

Just don't see any AFC team that can compete with Colts in 3-4 yrs, as far as they don't screw up the talent evaluation in the upcoming yrs as Bill Polian and his son did in their last 5 yrs here. Texans are not gonna last long and even now they are not dominating in this division. AFC east and west are all terrible with only 1 team leading in each, while Pats and Broncos will all need some time for rebuilding at the time after Brady and Manning retire. KC could be interesting if Reid does a good job but they still haven't got a QB yet. Ravens are going to be like this past regular season and Steelers are declining. So I see Colts having the best young QB in AFC will become a force very soon, and this kid is really made of coolness and toughness and should be a lot of success await.

No, not just among my circle of friends. There were people here who said that the Broncos were going to be tested in the playoffs because they had not beaten any good teams. It seems those people were right.

Just don't see any AFC team that can compete with Colts in 3-4 yrs, as far as they don't screw up the talent evaluation in the upcoming yrs as Bill Polian and his son did in their last 5 yrs here. Texans are not gonna last long and even now they are not dominating in this division. AFC east and west are all terrible with only 1 team leading in each, while Pats and Broncos will all need some time for rebuilding at the time after Brady and Manning retire. KC could be interesting if Reid does a good job but they still haven't got a QB yet. Ravens are going to be like this past regular season and Steelers are declining. So I see Colts having the best young QB in AFC will become a force very soon, and this kid is really made of coolness and toughness and should be a lot of success await.

Yeah, winning 5 out of 6 divisional games isn't dominating it. We will improve just as you guys improve my friend. Trust me, the Texans aren't going to go away for a long, long time.

Aren't all teams tested in the playoffs?

Perhaps I worded it wrong. A lot of people believed that they would lose in the playoffs. There you go, if you need me to say it the harshest way. I repeat, I wanted my team to face the Broncos rather than the Patriots, proven winners in the regular season,

You aren't going far with the qb you currently have

Hey, maybe we'll pull a Colts and release Schaub for the next big thing...or maybe Yates is better than you're willing to believe...either way, a lot of things could happen between now and our first SB appearance. Either way, I'm not leaving Schaub for dead.

Yeah, winning 5 out of 6 divisional games isn't dominating it. We will improve just as you guys improve my friend. Trust me, the Texans aren't going to go away for a long, long time.

If you contributed 1 of the only 2 wins of the 2011 Colts and still only won 1 more game than a Colts team lead by a rookie QB and a bunch of ill-fitted defensive players (4-3 players playing in a 3-4 system) in 2012, then you'd be careful calling yourself dominant.

If you contributed 1 of the only 2 wins of the 2011 Colts and still only won 1 more game than a Colts team lead by a rookie QB and a bunch of ill-fitted defensive players (4-3 players playing in a 3-4 system) in 2012, then you'd be careful calling yourself dominant.

Oh, so because we lost to a 2-14 team when we were riddled with injuries all the way back in 2011, we can't be labeled as dominant? Rewatch the season. We won due to a massive amount of talent, and we will continue to win next season.

Perhaps I worded it wrong. A lot of people believed that they would lose in the playoffs. There you go, if you need me to say it the harshest way. I repeat, I wanted my team to face the Broncos rather than the Patriots, proven winners in the regular season,

Of course you want to face a team you won in the regular season, but to be honest for the other 3 of the final 4 teams making the divisional round everybody wanted to play your Texans. You guys could have matched up better against the Broncos since their secondary was vulnerable against bombs, but I don't think your defense was even close to the level of the Ravens'. it's still one of the most overrated in AFC.

Of course you want to face a team you won in the regular season, but to be honest for the other 3 of the final 4 teams making the divisional round everybody wanted to play your Texans. You guys could have matched up better against the Broncos since their secondary was vulnerable against bombs, but I don't think your defense was even close to the level of the Ravens'. it's still one of the most overrated in AFC.

Overrated? Overrated? Okay...whatever you say...I just can't wait to have a healthy Cushing, Reed, Joseph, and Manning all on the field at the same time again. We'll see how overrated we are then. And I highly doubt anyone wanted to come down to Reliant and play...ask the Bengals, they'll tell you all about it. At least facing the Broncos teams knew that their defense could be exploited and Manning could be rattled.

Oh, so because we lost to a 2-14 team when we were riddled with injuries all the way back in 2011, we can't be labeled as dominant? Rewatch the season. We won due to a massive amount of talent, and we will continue to win next season.

No execuse for injury as every team is riddled by injury going toward the end of the season, and it is part of the game. You guys learned the lesson and kept your QB and star WR healthy in 2012 but still had very little chance at Indy. At your home you were blown out by a then struggling Green Bay Packers who used that game to get back their mojo, and your game was essentially over after 2 qtrs at New England in regular season and extended the life for only 1 more qtr in the 2nd meeting in playoff. Not to mention being manhandled by Chris Ponder (who?) at home. Also the Jags almost won a game at your stadium. None of the above can be seen as dominant.

No I'm just saying that Sanchez could do just as good as Schaub at half the price.

Heck well if that's the case you guys should have let the Redskins move up and grab Griffin first in the Draft. Then you wouldn't have had to pay 12 number one pick money for what he has done. But I digress...I'd take Schaub over 12, Sanchez, a lot of people right now. Hey maybe we go out and get Brady in free agency...he's a known Colt owner, he might as well be in the office with Irsay. I can only imagine the chat people here would have if that were to happen...there would be a lot more Chicken Little posts than there regularly is, that's for sure...

I have no real beef to grind with the Texans. May poke a little barbed comment now an then, but who doesn't. They clearly have some significant talent, but they way they finished would leave me concerned. That's two years in a row they've finished flat (I appreciate the injuries in 2011), so I'd be concerned that something was not quite right. Next year is a big year from them. Watt, Schaub (to a certain extent) and Johnson can't carry them on their own. I'm sure the Texas Twins may throw in a few more names (Cushing?), but more players need to stand up.

Maybe it's the coaching?

Anyway, should be a very interesting division next season, and I'm not foolish enough to predict how it will pan out (now or after FA / Draft).

Overrated? Overrated? Okay...whatever you say...I just can't wait to have a healthy Cushing, Reed, Joseph, and Manning all on the field at the same time again. We'll see how overrated we are then. And I highly doubt anyone wanted to come down to Reliant and play...ask the Bengals, they'll tell you all about it. At least facing the Broncos teams knew that their defense could be exploited and Manning could be rattled.

I wont ask the Bengals since everybody knows they are afraid of playing anywhere :) When did they win a playoff game last time? OK I know you have pulled two wins against them and you own them. Nice job :) But who else did you win?

For your defense, you gave up how many pts to Brady and Rodgers? And how many to Matt Stafford? How about Chad Henne?

No execuse for injury as every team is riddled by injury going toward the end of the season, and it is part of the game. You guys learned the lesson and kept your QB and star WR healthy in 2012 but still had very little chance at Indy. At your home you were blown out by a then struggling Green Bay Packers who used that game to get back their mojo, and your game was essentially over after 2 qtrs at New England in regular season and extended the life for only 1 more qtr in the 2nd meeting in playoff. Not to mention being manhandled by Chris Ponder (who?) at home. Also the Jags almost won a game at your stadium. None of the above can be seen as dominant.

Dude...you guys lost to Gabbert! And had to engineer comebacks in other games against other teams that we would have put away easily! The Colts were playing off of raw emotion that last game, and we see how well it served them when they went on the road...The Packers have Rodgers and the Patriots have Brady, two greats. Having Adrian Peterson on your team will work wonders for any quarterback, and they beat this mojo-filled Packers team you referred to as well. Winning as many games as we won in convincing fashion is the sign of a dominant team. Heck, even if by some chance we aren't dominant, we're still better than the Colts, and they just aren't going to rise up and suddenly wrestle the division away like you seem to believe. There are other QBs in the AFC who will challenge 12, it's not going to be an easy walk to the park.

Heck well if that's the case you guys should have let the Redskins move up and grab Griffin first in the Draft. Then you wouldn't have had to pay 12 number one pick money for what he has done. But I digress...I'd take Schaub over 12, Sanchez, a lot of people right now. Hey maybe we go out and get Brady in free agency...he's a known Colt owner, he might as well be in the office with Irsay. I can only imagine the chat people here would have if that were to happen...there would be a lot more Chicken Little posts than there regularly is, that's for sure...

I kind of think it's funny how you bring up Brady being a Colts owner when he threw 9 Tds  in the 2 games he played against that isn't against the Bengals. Maybe this off season the Texans can practice winning in a playoff game that isn't against the Bengals. Or even getting a win in Indy for that matter.

Heck well if that's the case you guys should have let the Redskins move up and grab Griffin first in the Draft. Then you wouldn't have had to pay 12 number one pick money for what he has done. But I digress...I'd take Schaub over 12, Sanchez, a lot of people right now. Hey maybe we go out and get Brady in free agency...he's a known Colt owner, he might as well be in the office with Irsay. I can only imagine the chat people here would have if that were to happen...there would be a lot more Chicken Little posts than there regularly is, that's for sure...

Luck would be a redskin if they had the first pick.. No question about that. Shanny would love to have an Elway clone over Vick 2.0

I wont ask the Bengals since everybody knows they are afraid of playing anywhere :) When did they win a playoff game last time? OK I know you have pulled two wins against them and you own them. Nice job :) But who else did you win?

For your defense, you gave up how many pts to Brady and Rodgers? And how many to Matt Stafford? How about Chad Henne?

You said yourself that defenses and players break down toward the end of the season. Teams like the Ravens who dealt with injuries but got their boys back for the playoffs have proven it even further. Does it matter the last time the Bengals won a playoff game? They were there, weren't they? When was the last time the Colts won one? 2010? Does that mean had we played you guys again, you would have automatically lost because you hadn't won in so long? Pssh.

I kind of think it's funny how you bring up Brady being a Colts owner when he threw 9 Tds  in the 2 games he played against the Texans. Maybe this off season the Texans can practice winning in a playoff game against the Texans. Or even getting a win in Indy for that matter.

We beat Brady the previous time we played him before the two games this season. I don't feel like looking up our record all-time versus him but I'm sure we could beat ourselves practicing for a playoff game...in practice haha. That long-awaited win in Indianapolis could come next season. Watch out, records were meant to be broken.

I kind of think it's funny how you bring up Brady being a Colts owner when he threw 9 Tds  in the 2 games he played against that isn't against the Bengals. Maybe this off season the Texans can practice winning in a playoff game that isn't against the Bengals. Or even getting a win in Indy for that matter.

For some reason this really messed up and it won't let me fix it.