Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is the Manning/Brady era beginning it's end?

Jules

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats would have crushed Denver. Peyton Manning is the worst playoff QB of all time. Brady is 5-2 all time in the AFC game, that is shaky? ok.

Brady lights it up in the divisional round and is pedestrian the last 3 AFCCG. I think that trend would have continued and Peyton would have torched the Patriots' D at home. It may have been closer but the outcome probably would have been a Denver win.

Besides, Brady and the Pats did not beat a team above .500 on the road the entire year, the AFCCG in Denver was not going to be the first time it was going to happen, especially not without Gronk. Brady's best chance was at home and he blew it.

Ravens said Manning couldn`t throw it like he needed beyond twenty yards so they adjusted.

We will see if he gets stronger as he gets another year older. IMO once they hit Manning a couple times he played worse.

The Ravens played well defensively against the Pats, without Gronk.

Brady had 25 incomplete passes.

The Ravens Defense will surely go downhill with Ray leaving, maybe Reed too, and possible FA losses. Opens a window for Tom.

Like everyone, they both still need a lot of help to win Big games.

Football is a young man's game.  I find it kind of creepy when these QB's get around 40 and they are playing with 20 year olds.  I am ready for the young guns to rise up.  Manning and Brady have had enough glory for any 2 QBs.  

Agreed....for whatever reasons Manning "only" won one Super Bowl and its been 9 years now for Brady since his last Lombardi.

But they've sustained success and they'll both stay longer...because they're good enough (for now), still wildly popular and make an 8-figure pile of money thanks to sponsors, owners, adulatory sycophants in the media and of course, fans like us.

They've definitely entered that phase of staying too long in a quest for that one last Super Bowl championship "buzz" though. Once the Colts lost, I'd have been fine with either of them getting it this year...but Baltimore stopped them both and neither of them looked all that great.

They're both good guys and generated a lot of football entertainment...but very suddenly, the kids are taking over.

We'll see if Manning and Brady know when the right time is to hang it up.

Some of them just can't do it.

I guess it could be the beginning to end, but either one could go on to have very productive years. Peyton/Denver was literally one play away from advancing to the AFC Championship game and I think they will be better next year. Brady/NE was only one game away from another SB and had the best offense this season. With a good supporting cast and adjustments they'll keep going, but they're both certainly on the way down (beyond the half way point). 

Ravens said Manning couldn`t throw it like he needed beyond twenty yards so they adjusted.

We will see if he gets stronger as he gets another year older. IMO once they hit Manning a couple times he played worse.

The Ravens played well defensively against the Pats, without Gronk.

Brady had 25 incomplete passes.

The Ravens Defense will surely go downhill with Ray leaving, maybe Reed too, and possible FA losses. Opens a window for Tom.

Like everyone, they both still need a lot of help to win Big games.

Hasn't he always played "dink and dunk" though? I heard that too and was wondering how they would know he couldn't just becasue he didn't.

It's definitely coming to an end and has been for the past few years. Brady still has life left in him, but the Pats postseason dominance has been slowing down since their last superbowl victory and ended with their last superbowl loss to the Giants. While Peyton has had good regular seasons, after the superbowl loss to the Saints it has all been downhill and his career only has a few years left at best.

The question is who will be the next Manning/Brady and at this point, I still believe it's up in the air. Brees has been one of the better QBs, but he is right behind Brady in age. Rodgers could be in consideration with his accomplishments and still being relatively young. Eli is too inconsistent, although he can be a beast in the playoffs. Personally, I think there is a good chance it comes from this class of QBs. When was the last time(if ever) three rookie QBs made it to the playoffs? The only question now is which two will it be?

It's not a knock on either QB too and I am not saying they can't do it either in their final years.

But, Super history is not overly kind to QBs once they reach 35/36 years old and most do not pull off the John Elway Cinderella story near his end either. And he had a guy named Terrell Davis who helped carry the load for him.

With today finally breaking the pattern of Manning/Brady/Ben reaching the SB from the AFC I am starring to wonder if the AFC might break open a little more from now on and new QBs and teams from the AFC start to reach the Super Bowl.

Manning will be 37 soon and Brady 36 next season too.

Of course.its about over 'J' Probably the Manning-=Brees-Brady era

...If 'about over' is 3-4 years....

Trying to be as impartial as I can.....the next genration is Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford Cam Newton, and Andrew Luck..

big boys who can last and take the pounding....

Robert Griffin is spectacular but I'd bet he wont play 12-15 years like Brady and Manning.

I am not sure about Russell Wilson and the new SF kid .....

...but the old guard is all headed for Boot Hill at the end of their present contracts...

I don't see the moxie and do or die mentality with either QB in recent playoff games either. The Ravens had more passion and fire then either the Broncos or Patriots had. Flacco seemed more inspiring to me then Brady or Manning. FLACCO.

When DEnver led 35-28 with 50 second to play, did you really think the Ravens had more passion and fire?

Really?

You're kidding right? That was some performance last night by Brady and NE.

Denver only played what, two teams with a winning record in the regular season and beat one of them. A lot of people thought they would be out early in the playoffs, they just weren't as formidable as the pundits made them out to be.

Denver only played what, two teams with a winning record in the regular season and beat one of them. A lot of people thought they would be out early in the playoffs, they just weren't as formidable as the pundits made them out to be.

More formidable than the patriots it seems

When Denver led Baltimore 35-28 with 50 seconds left, did you really think the Broncos were not formidable?

Really?

When Denver led Baltimore 35-28 with 50 seconds left, did you really think the Broncos were not formidable?

Really?

From what I've heard about that game, no, I would not have. Denver's quick playoff exit was expected by a lot of people, who were immediately stricken down by the Manning supporters here. We'll just have to see how they respond next year.

Because the Broncos lost as a result of a fluke hail-mary and the Pats couldn't even muster up 14 points at home.

Ah, that was the only reason they lost. Right. I could point out a lot of different plays for both teams as an explanation for why they lost, but one play isn't going to do it.

When DEnver led 35-28 with 50 second to play, did you really think the Ravens had more passion and fire?

Really?

Yes I do. I felt that Baltimore showed more of a never quit and die attitude and I could almost FEEL IT. It was almost as if they were going to do everything they could to leave that field in Denver with the win no matter what. Once it went to OT I felt it was over for Denver.

JMO mark.....

You can also possibly blame the Broncos coaching too for being overly conservative.

Ah, that was the only reason they lost. Right. I could point out a lot of different plays for both teams as an explanation for why they lost, but one play isn't going to do it.

Quit deflecting, this wasn't about why the Broncos lost. It was about which team was more formidable.

Quit deflecting, this wasn't about why the Broncos lost. It was about which team was more formidable.

A winning record against losing teams isn't something I think would make one formidable. A team with something to play for and hungry for victory after being left for dead in the regular season would be more formidable to me, I think.

Yes I do. I felt that Baltimore showed more of a never quit and die attitude and I could almost FEEL IT. It was almost as if they were going to do everything they could to leave that field in Denver with the win no matter what. Once it went to OT I felt it was over for Denver.

JMO mark.....

You can also possibly blame the Broncos coaching too for being overly conservative.

With 50 seconds to play, demver up 7... and the ball on the Baltimore 30..I thought the game was over...

I was looking forward to Denver-NE..I really was..

A winning record against losing teams isn't something I think would make one formidable. A team with something to play for and hungry for victory after being left for dead in the regular season would be more formidable to me, I think.

The Broncos scored 35 points and went in to double OT. The Pats couldn't score 14 points at home. The Broncos were more formidable

With 50 seconds to play, demver up 7... and the ball on the Baltimore 30..I thought the game was over...

I was looking forward to Denver-NE..I really was..

Oh I agree, I thought it was a Broncos win as well before the final miracle TD by Flacco which shocked the pants off me, nearly lmao. Then when it went to OT I felt the ball was in the Raven's court.

I am sorry mark, I know how badly you wanted Manning vs. Brady in Denver. I have a few family members who were upset over this game not happening as well. And after watching the last two weeks I would have liked Denver's chances more then previously thought. Maybe they get to do it in the playoffs sometime next year regardless of what round it is. And they play in the regular season again too.

The Broncos scored 35 points and went in to double OT. The Pats couldn't score 14 points at home. The Broncos were more formidable

I'm sure formidable is a feeling that precedes a game. Results is what you call the after effect of the game.

I'm sure formidable is a feeling that precedes a game. Results is what you call the after effect of the game.

You're right the Patriots who couldn't score 2 Tds all game at home were more formidable than the Broncos who scored 35. I have no idea how I could have been so naive.

You're right the Patriots who couldn't score 2 Tds all game at home were more formidable than the Broncos who scored 35. I have no idea how I could have been so naive.

I guess you didn't read my previous post...Of course we can say these things now the game is over. Ayiyiyi. I was hoping to play the Broncos rather than the Patriots myself. I still think they were the better 2012 team, regardless of how many points they put up when they both lost.